Kodi Community Forum
ATV2 and XBMC bufferring - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: ATV2 and XBMC bufferring (/showthread.php?tid=93514)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- 0xsegfault - 2011-02-21

I'll do another batch of tests when i get home, because i'm not able to play the bunny movie without buffering.

- Mistermadness - 2011-02-21

Upnp, smb all the same crap. Buffering buffering buffering. Very sad for now. Will probably go back to crappy wdtv live for now Sad thanks dev team for working on this so much! You guys are awesome

- pgoose - 2011-02-21

Guys, i need a little bit of help with everything..i have done testing and tried different things, but i am at a loss and wanted to know what i should be looking at if it is something to do with my set up.

I have been reading that a lot of the issues tend to show because of the size..well i have tested a few different things here.

Lord of the Rings-1080p-13.1 gigs----.mkv--h.264 file, runs just fine. never skips a beat, doesn't stutter and i can fast forward without an issue on apple tv2
The walking Dead-720p-2.89 gigs----.mpg file-buffers every 11-12 seconds, the quality isn't as good as others
The Dark Knight-1080p-15.7 gigs----.mkv--h.264 file, stutters ever 5 or so seconds
i forget the sound that it was recorded in, but i am also trying to figure out what they were ripped in, because i know that will make a big difference as well.

So, i guess i am sort of trying to figure out what i can do to try to figure out what is going on, i know speeds are fine because i hooked up a pc, crappy low end, up to the tv and i was able to run walking dead just fine.

so, i guess, ATV2, seems to be working just fine with everything, just a few glitches here and there and wanted to know if anyone else has seen this

- hovnarr - 2011-02-21

First of all I would like to apologize if I say something well known. I havent read all the threads, but alot of them. Also would like to say thanks to team who made this happend. It such a great product.

I have an apple tv gen 2 with latest build. Did the last upgrade today with SSH.

Have been doing some testing since saturday and first conclusion was when the movie had ac3 sound, it started to stutter when playing in 720p or 1080p. With 1080p it didnt matter if it had AC3, the movie would stutter directly and then buffer, impossible to watch.

I then bought an toslink cable and adapter for coaxial and lead the sound directly into the soundbar instead of running HDMI into TV. I also changed settings for sound in xbmc. All movies now that doesnt have AC3 i can play without any stuttering, including big 1080p movies for around 8-12 gb.

edit, just found out that I could see some 720p movies with AC3 sound. I have found though that the sound is not correct in my soundbar. All voices seems to come from Right speaker? Anyone?

edit2, I am also on wifi, but the router is not the problem here. I have a WD Tv Live that takes everything, streaming 1080p without any hestitation. It doesnt have the beautiful interface though.

Sorry for my bad english.

- pecinko - 2011-02-21

pgoose Wrote:Guys, i need a little bit of help with everything..i have done testing and tried different things, but i am at a loss and wanted to know what i should be looking at if it is something to do with my set up.

I have been reading that a lot of the issues tend to show because of the size..well i have tested a few different things here.

Lord of the Rings-1080p-13.1 gigs----.mkv--h.264 file, runs just fine. never skips a beat, doesn't stutter and i can fast forward without an issue on apple tv2
The walking Dead-720p-2.89 gigs----.mpg file-buffers every 11-12 seconds, the quality isn't as good as others
The Dark Knight-1080p-15.7 gigs----.mkv--h.264 file, stutters ever 5 or so seconds
i forget the sound that it was recorded in, but i am also trying to figure out what they were ripped in, because i know that will make a big difference as well.

So, i guess i am sort of trying to figure out what i can do to try to figure out what is going on, i know speeds are fine because i hooked up a pc, crappy low end, up to the tv and i was able to run walking dead just fine.

so, i guess, ATV2, seems to be working just fine with everything, just a few glitches here and there and wanted to know if anyone else has seen this

Please, go grab Big Buck Bunny 1080p in MOV container. Post results.

- pgoose - 2011-02-21

Pecinko, ok ok i will do that for you, just a quick question, results?
do you want to know if it stutters and what not?

Also, thanks for the idea, i appreciate someone at least giving me a suggestion.

- pgoose - 2011-02-21

OHH and also, where do i find it ha ha, sorry to be a pest with all the help you are giving me, but yeah...i dont know where to find that movie

- hovnarr - 2011-02-21

Me neither! I found some in azureus, but not a mov version.

- pecinko - 2011-02-21

http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/

- pgoose - 2011-02-21

The only ones i am finding in MOV is like 300 megs big. is that what i want or no. again sorry

- pgoose - 2011-02-21

Side note-i am running the lastest build 10.0.0.7 and i did a trick that someone was talking about, upgrading nic drivers and changed the advanced settings

- hovnarr - 2011-02-21

No man, choose 1920 x 1080 size. Its 691 mb. Almost done myself.

- Reverb - 2011-02-21

pgoose Wrote:Guys, i need a little bit of help with everything..i have done testing and tried different things, but i am at a loss and wanted to know what i should be looking at if it is something to do with my set up.

Can you make a sample file(100mb or so) and upload it somewhere? Just want to try these files, because i have problems with sms and 1080p. Or you can just tell me which scenerelease(or not) you doenloaden, so i can download it for myself.

- hovnarr - 2011-02-21

The bunny movie start stutter directly and needed to buffer with the settings I had.
Tried with both smb and Upnp, no difference.

I then started to change sound settings from 2.1 to 5.1 little better and when I clicked off the AC3 extension, the movie worked from Upnp with no stutter but not from SMB.

I would be very happy if somebody could answer my first post. Thanks.

- pgoose - 2011-02-21

Reverb i can try..i use newsbin to download things, so it might be a bit tricky to have you download the same things, but anyways, you wanted to try lord of the rings??