Kodi Community Forum
How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. (/showthread.php?tid=94905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- cmug - 2012-02-02

Memphiz Wrote:delete the addons databases ( /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/addons*.db) - the pvr ones are incompatible with mainline ...

Thanks, this was it. I have live-tv with XVDR on ATV2 running Eden now. No stuttering, no crashes. My world is starting to feel complete.

XBMC for atv2 with pvr support - pycak - 2012-02-13

davilla Wrote:if "XBMC" menu-item is missing, then frontrow could not load the frapp, see syslog as to why.

i try to build a package for atv2 with pvr-support from git-repository (opdenkamp). the package will be building succsessfully but when i insall them, XBMC menu is missing.

Code:
Appliance com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc's principal class (null) does not conform to the BRAppliance protocol.

what does the error meaning, how can i build xbmc for atv2 with pvr support?

- Memphiz - 2012-02-13

pycak Wrote:i try to build a package for atv2 with pvr-support from git-repository (opdenkamp). the package will be building succsessfully but when i insall them, XBMC menu is missing.

Code:
Appliance com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc's principal class (null) does not conform to the BRAppliance protocol.

what does the error meaning, how can i build xbmc for atv2 with pvr support?

Stop crossposting please...

- hakensline - 2012-02-23

No news for hdtv stream ? HD movies ok but no TVHD stream :-(

- Memphiz - 2012-02-24

didn't we conclude its a backend issue already? Get h.264 out of it and it will work...

- hakensline - 2012-02-26

Tanks for you answer Memphiz ! i want check with pipelka the authors of the xvdr plugin if it's possible to stream h264 to vdr backend.

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - d3u.eu - 2012-03-12

I have quick question regards package building for ATV2. I need to create my private build with some adjustments. I am now testing the compilation, but whats the deal with .deb ? Do you use any tool/script to create the .deb from compiled binaries, or you simply create it manually by copying files to package directory and then pack it using debian packaging tools ? I have no issue with either way and i am experienced with deb building, but i would like not to reinvent the wheel and there is nothing in readme/faq regards this specific .deb on IOS. Thanks for ideas.

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Memphiz - 2012-03-12

cd tools/darwin/packaging/xbmc-atv2/ && ./mkdeb-xbmc-atv2.sh release

or ./mkdeb-xbmc-atv2.sh debug

XBMC has to be built with xcode before (in either debug or release mode depends what you want to be in the deb)

RE: - SiloDS - 2012-03-13

(2012-01-07, 19:49)Red_F Wrote: Ah: "Symbol not found: _RenderCapture_Type"

pyrendercapture.o is missing indeed. Checking xcode project and building now in completely clean environment. Testing early tomorrow when the family allows.

Did this every get resolved? It still fails on the ATV2 for me.

(2012-01-07, 21:43)davilla Wrote: Because of how the xcode project for atv2 links, missing symbols will not fault the linker. The xcode project for ios will fault the linker if you have missing symbols.

Can you provide any pointers on how to resolve these types of errors?

Silo

RE: - Red_F - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-13, 16:53)SiloDS Wrote:
(2012-01-07, 19:49)Red_F Wrote: Ah: "Symbol not found: _RenderCapture_Type"

pyrendercapture.o is missing indeed. Checking xcode project and building now in completely clean environment. Testing early tomorrow when the family allows.

Did this every get resolved? It still fails on the ATV2 for me.

(2012-01-07, 21:43)davilla Wrote: Because of how the xcode project for atv2 links, missing symbols will not fault the linker. The xcode project for ios will fault the linker if you have missing symbols.

Can you provide any pointers on how to resolve these types of errors?

Silo

You can take a copy of XBMC-ATV2.xcodeproj from my repo at git://github.com/Red-F/xbmc.git. That should work fine.

I compiled RC1 last week and it runs now on my ATV2. For a short while it will be downloadable from my dropbox here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19265749/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0%7Erc1_iphoneos-arm.deb.

Cheers,
Fred

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - miir - 2012-03-14

Thanks for posting the eden release, I had to edit guisettings.xml to change the skin (the default appears to be the IPAD one!)

Its a whole lot smoother on ftr on this build than the MP1.2 build I tried previously. Video looks like its not de-interlaced or something, not affecting my viewing though (I dont watch tv but have to have workable PVR for the wife acceptance factor!).

Any idea when the PVR code is going to merge with the main repo?

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Red_F - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-14, 06:40)miir Wrote: Thanks for posting the eden release, I had to edit guisettings.xml to change the skin (the default appears to be the IPAD one!)

Its a whole lot smoother on ftr on this build than the MP1.2 build I tried previously. Video looks like its not de-interlaced or something, not affecting my viewing though (I dont watch tv but have to have workable PVR for the wife acceptance factor!).

Any idea when the PVR code is going to merge with the main repo?

I really don't know when the code will be merged. The wiki says it isn't merged because it isn't compatible with any other OS than Windows. But those who follow the ForTheRecord forums will know that this PVR addon currently works with and is being used on the following platforms:
  • Windows (I test with Windows 7) x86 and x64
  • Linux x86 and x64 (I test with Ubuntu, but users report they are using Linux Mint etc.)
  • OSx (I test with with 10.6.6)
  • iOS (I test it with ATV2 and iPad)
  • Apple TV 1 running Crystalbuntu
  • XBMC Live
  • OpenElec

Cheers,
Fred

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - d3u.eu - 2012-03-15

Thanks for advice. Now i jumped into another issue, it seems the prerequisities toolchain has issues with cmake. i am using macosx 1.6.6 + xcode 3.2.6, and cmake compile utterly fais on ProcessUnix.h with stdio.h: no such file or directory, which is ofcousrse nonsense, it is present in /usr/include. Figuring out, any ideas ?

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Red_F - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-15, 14:06)d3u.eu Wrote: Thanks for advice. Now i jumped into another issue, it seems the prerequisities toolchain has issues with cmake. i am using macosx 1.6.6 + xcode 3.2.6, and cmake compile utterly fais on ProcessUnix.h with stdio.h: no such file or directory, which is ofcousrse nonsense, it is present in /usr/include. Figuring out, any ideas ?

No idea. I just build everything straight from the command line, exactly as described in the README. The only thing I changed was the xcode project because it was messed up. And where the readme states:

Quote:$ xcodebuild -project XBMC-ATV2.xcodeproj -target XBMC -configuration Release build ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=armv7 VALID_ARCHS=armv7 IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.1 SDKROOT=iphoneos4.2

I use

Quote:$ xcodebuild -project XBMC-ATV2.xcodeproj -target XBMC -configuration Release build ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=armv7 VALID_ARCHS=armv7 IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.1 SDKROOT=iphoneos4.3

instead, since I have the iOS SDK 4.3 installed and not 4.2.

For OSx I build only from the command line too, again just like the README. No changes there.

I remember having some issues with a few of the autoconfigure tools initially. I updated those, but please don't ask which tools exactly those were. That was a long time ago and I guess that brain storage location has been re-used for more important things related to the ForTheRecord addon Wink.

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Red_F - 2012-03-17

I have managed to build XBMC-PVR-Eden-RC2 for ATV2 from the Margro repo with my additional changes. You can download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19265749/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0%7Erc2_iphoneos-arm.deb.

As always: absolutely no guarantees.... Wink

Nice weekend all,
Fred

Edit: link edited