Kodi Community Forum
How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. (/showthread.php?tid=94905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Red_F - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-15, 08:28)TheChief79 Wrote: ...

My builds for iOS/ATV2/OSX also conatin 0.0.1.140. Can you please test my builds and see, if it works?

TheChief

I only have access to an ATV2, so I will install your build and try it on that one.

(using a virtual hackintosh to build the add-on, not really a great performer on running xbmc Smile)

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - TheChief79 - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-15, 22:49)Red_F Wrote:
(2012-06-15, 08:28)TheChief79 Wrote: ...

My builds for iOS/ATV2/OSX also conatin 0.0.1.140. Can you please test my builds and see, if it works?

TheChief

I only have access to an ATV2, so I will install your build and try it on that one.

(using a virtual hackintosh to build the add-on, not really a great performer on running xbmc Smile)

Thanks, let me know, if it works. Only problem is the usage of a firmaware < 5 at the moment.

My builds until 04.03. work on ATV2 with firmware 5, too, but does not contain ForTheRecord.

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - boschdi - 2012-06-20

Hi there,

I got a HTPC with mediaportal running and xbmc (Eden Standard by Cydia) on my iPad 3. That works great to watch movies and series but no live tv.

Is any of these builds here able to run on the iPad and support the mediaportal ts Reader Plugin?

What is the easiest way to install one of the builds? Or is it possible just to get the mediaportal ts Reader as addon for xbmc?

BTW iPad is using iOS 5.1.1

Thanx a Lot
-boschdi

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - TheChief79 - 2012-06-22

Try my latest build from here: http://xbmc.picmania.org/index.php?dir=ios%2F

It contains the addon for MediaPortal with ts reader lib. Let me know, if it works.

I'm running my build on an iPad2 with 5.1.1 so it should also work on iPad3.

TheChief

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - boschdi - 2012-06-22

Thanx a lot. I gonna try it next week. What is the easiest Way to install the build?

Download via ifile and connect with a ssh Client to unpack it, reinstall over the existing xbmc?

Thanx again

-boschdi

Edit: Ok, just installed via ifile. Trying tv next

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - boschdi - 2012-06-23

Ok, i tried the build from 22.06.12, installation went fine via ifile. But when i just try to enable the mediaportal plugin, it says unknown error, Add-on could not be loaded - no matter of configuration...

EDIT: also tried the build from 09.06.12 --> same error as above. I cannot even enable the mediaportal plugin.

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - MrNorma - 2012-06-24

How would i update my ATV2 with 5.1.1 installed?

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - TheChief79 - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-23, 00:18)boschdi Wrote: Ok, i tried the build from 22.06.12, installation went fine via ifile. But when i just try to enable the mediaportal plugin, it says unknown error, Add-on could not be loaded - no matter of configuration...

EDIT: also tried the build from 09.06.12 --> same error as above. I cannot even enable the mediaportal plugin.

Can you post the xbmc.log at pastebin?

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - boschdi - 2012-06-24

This should be the Part of Interest in the Log:

20:21:53 T:235712512   ERROR: Unable to load /private/var/stash/Applications.wE4oPE/XBMC.app/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.team-mediaportal.tvserver/XBMC_MPTV.pvr, reason: dlopen(/private/var/stash/Applications.wE4oPE/XBMC.app/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.team-mediaportal.tvserver/XBMC_MPTV.pvr, 1): Library not loaded: /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos5.1_armv7/lib/libsmbclient.dylib.0
                                              Referenced from: /private/var/stash/Applications.wE4oPE/XBMC.app/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.team-mediaportal.tvserver/XBMC_MPTV.pvr
                                              Reason: image not found
20:21:53 T:235712512   ERROR: PVR - InitialiseClient - can't initialise add-on 'MediaPortal PVR Client'

I tried the fortherecord-addon aswell. And no problems with this one.

-boschdi

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - TheChief79 - 2012-06-24

The addon seems to linked against the wrong library or to the library in the wrong path. Will check that tomorrow.

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - TheChief79 - 2012-06-25

Does anybody of the developers know, why the wrong library is linked for OSX and iOS builds? The MPTV addon is compiled with -lsmbclient but it will be linked with /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos5.1_armv7/lib/libsmbclient.dylib.0.

EDIT: I removed "-lsmbclient" in the Makefile of the MPTV addon. On my iPad i can activate and deactivate the addon now. But i cannot test, because i use VDR. I already uploaded the build for iOS. The build for ATV2 and OSX will follow in some minutes. So please do a test again.

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - boschdi - 2012-06-25

I tried the new build and everything is fine so far.

But only SD-Channels working, with HD, there no picture but only sound. But thats not a problem for me.

THX a lot!!!!!!!!

-boschdi

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - Memphiz - 2012-06-25

MPTV addon links to smbclient? Thats not a good idea imho. If XBMC dyloads smbclient at the same time you can get really wonky results i guess.

Beside that - specifiyng -lsmbclient resulting in /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos5.1_armv7/lib/libsmbclient.dylib.0 is completly correct. You just have to ensure that the path gets changed into /Applications/XBMC.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0 inside of the MPTV binary before deployment (search google for install_name_tool).

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - TheChief79 - 2012-06-25

Thank you Memphiz, i already removed the link to smbclient and it seems to work now. I'm not the maintainer of the addon, i just compile margros xbmc github tree for OSX/iOS/ATV2.

@boschdi Cool to know, thanks.

RE: How to compile a PVR branch for iOS. - hakensline - 2012-06-25

ATV2 os 5.1.1 PVR fixed ?