Kodi Community Forum
NRKBrowse with cookie support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: NRKBrowse with cookie support (/showthread.php?tid=9505)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Guest - 2005-01-28

hi,

this is the first release of my nrkbrowser script. it can play most content from the online net-tv at nrk.no (norwegian tv-channel). instructions on how to install are included in the readme. also please check out the header (top text) in the script file itself.

there are some bugs in the script. for instance it locks up when trying to open certain programs. i have yet to track down this bug. also when trying to play certain episodes it just sits there at 1st attempt. 2nd it locks up. when this happens a full-restart is most likely required.

now, i believe this is the first script to support cookies while getting online content on xbmc. it might not be, but anyhow you might be interested in checking it out if you plan on using cookies. this script uses clientcookie for automatic cookie-handling, but clientcookie needs some minor adjustments before it will run on the xbox. please check readme and script for further details.

clientcookie is a brilliant module which you can check out here:
http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/clientcookie

last, thanks goes to darkie and the updaters of aqtbrowser, the script which this script it somewhat based on.

download:
http://www.radioparanoia.com/nrkbrowser.zip

- SandmanCL - 2005-01-29

:kickass:
awesome, i might just have to leave work early today to check this out ! Smile

- _Morph_ - 2005-01-29

hmm. cant get this to work.. Image it wont start? i have done everything right i think. (other scripts work)

- Guest - 2005-01-29

first of all, did you place the clientcookie folder in python\lib? the final path would be "python\lib\clientcookie", and that folder should contain the .py files (except nrkbrowser.py which goes to the script folder).

if you've done that, please tell me what debug information it gives. search on the forums on how to display debug info...

- strick - 2005-01-29

aah, great!
i've just tried it, and works perfectly so far Smile
watching team antonsen now

big :thumbsup: to enderw

- spiff - 2005-01-29

totally awesome

(bøye seg i støvet)

- SandmanCL - 2005-01-29

:thumbsup:
very very cool !
and i can load the dagsrevyen program list just fine, it takes 10-15 seconds.

ideally i'd like to see each invidual program as an expandable item (press 'select' to play the program, pless right arrow to expand) but this is brilliant.

thanks again. by the way, would it be possible to save these streams ? or is there some mechanism preventing that ?

:bowdown:

- SandmanCL - 2005-01-29

programs i watch always start from the beginning, even if i choose a segment toward the end of the program. for example, i'm trying to watch a camp nrk segment of team antonsen one more time but i would have to watch the show from the beginning in order to get there.

am i doing something wrong ?

this is not whining, this is an attempt at making a close to perfect product even better :-)

- Guest - 2005-01-29

(sandmancl @ jan. 29 2005,07:26 Wrote:programs i watch always start from the beginning, even if i choose a segment toward the end of the program. for example, i'm trying to watch a camp nrk segment of team antonsen one more time but i would have to watch the show from the beginning in order to get there.

am i doing something wrong ?

this is not whining, this is an attempt at making a close to perfect product even better :-)
to be honest, i haven't tested this script as much in detail as i'd like. i am not even certain whether it's the way nrk handles the streaming or the script. nrk could be sending coordinates along with the wmv to wmp; i have no idea whether wmp has such a feature or not, but if so, fixing it will not be possible unless xbmc's mplayer can be run with coordinates. if the script gets the wrong url however, fixing it should be fairly easy. i'll have a look at it soon..

as for the menu system, it is quite a bit more work. i have been thinking of it, but i would have to build into the core full interpretation of their submenu system. i have a suspicion forbrukerinspektørene crash the browser due to such inconsistence on their part, but it could be something completely deifferent.

last, thanks for all the nice words all of you (and i won't take constructive feedback as whining) Wink

- Guest - 2005-01-29

found the bug. nrk sends a starttime value (inside the asx ) that only media player seems to understand it seems. bsplayer did not accept it. if there is a start time parameter in mplayer fixing this would be easy. if not, then it's impossible. if anyone knows of such a parameter, please tell me Smile

-edit-

according to this http://members.cox.net/alexpoet/downloads/docs/xbmc.html , there is no such parameter. funny how i never really saw this issue before. anyways, only solution left then is to remove all the substreams. not a nice solution, but the only one i see possible since all the filenames are the same for each program. only the starttime value changes. suggestions are most welcome...

- catohagen - 2005-01-29

Quote:usage: mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename
basic options: (complete list in the man page)
-vo <drv[:dev]> select video output driver & device ('-vo help' for a list)
-ao <drv[:dev]> select audio output driver & device ('-ao help' for a list)
vcd://<trackno> play (s)vcd (super video cd) track (raw device, no mount)
dvd://<titleno> play dvd title from device instead of plain file
-alang/-slang select dvd audio/subtitle language (by 2-char country code)
-ss <timepos> seek to given (seconds or hh:mmConfuseds) position

atleast mplayer can start wherever in a stream

- Guest - 2005-01-29

thanks, but mplayer for pc and mplayer for xbox are a bit different...but you probably knew that. anyways, as long as i don't have a parameter to pass information through, i have no idea how i would do it...not that i think it's even possible.

perhaps a post in the feature suggestion forum about this would be appropriate?

- catohagen - 2005-01-30

actually i grabbed the syntax from amiga port of mplayer,but
since xbmc uses a port too, all features should be present ?

i guess its not a problem with mplayer, but a problem with
xbmc if it just starts mplayer with url or filename as argument.

there are some mplayer config files in the mplayer dir, maybe
those can be altered to do the required skipping ?
not the ideal solution, but :nuts:

- 'amo - 2005-01-30

oh my god, this is the best python script i found so far!! kick ass! i know that you norwegians also watch a lot of swedish so wouldn't you love a similar script for svt.se? :d

'amo
"a swede wich understands even the strangest norwegian accents"

- Guest - 2005-01-30

ok, seeing as i won't find a fix for a while i decided to remove the clips from view. it's a small fix so i won't release a new version yet. instead just do the replacing yourself. open up the .py file, scroll down to def list_shows (not def get_programs) and replace:

Quote:        for record in records:
           show = show(record[0], record[1], record[2], unicode(record[3], 'utf-8'))
           shows.append(show)
       return shows

with this:

Quote:        for record in records:
           if record[2] == "0": # fjern alle klipp med index_id > 0
               show = show(record[0], record[1], "0", unicode(record[3], 'utf-8'))
               shows.append(show)
       return shows

make sure to get the indentation (spaces) right or else it won't run. editing manually might be easier than to paste.