Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- emilsvennesson - 2011-09-07

Works fine here.

- Radamanteis - 2011-09-07

Still doesn't work here, error log below, is there anything we can do to fix it?

Code:
09:21:06 T:279564288    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
09:21:06 T:279564288   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
09:21:06 T:279564288   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
09:21:06 T:279564288   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 366, in <module>
                                                PLAY(url)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 213, in PLAY
                                                smilurl = Soup(html).findAll('url')[0].string
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
09:21:06 T:279564288    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

Thank you very much

re; Q - Amin B - 2011-09-07

Has anyone used this app outsude Canada for a month with no problem? or you need to update on regular basis ?

- ksosez - 2011-09-07

What ISP/Country?

Radamanteis Wrote:Still doesn't work here, error log below, is there anything we can do to fix it?

Code:
09:21:06 T:279564288    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
09:21:06 T:279564288   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
09:21:06 T:279564288   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
09:21:06 T:279564288   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 366, in <module>
                                                PLAY(url)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 213, in PLAY
                                                smilurl = Soup(html).findAll('url')[0].string
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
09:21:06 T:279564288    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

Thank you very much

- rajmehta499 - 2011-09-07

ksosez Wrote:What ISP/Country?

Hey I'm in canada and i have bell internet and it doesn't work but if i connect it to my iPhone it works. (connect apple tv to iPhone via Hotspot) also tired on mac

- ksosez - 2011-09-07

rajmehta499 Wrote:Hey I'm in canada and i have bell internet and it doesn't work but if i connect it to my iPhone it works. (connect apple tv to iPhone via Hotspot) also tired on mac

No idea...maybe Bell is blocking it?

- subarex - 2011-09-08

hi

i am new here and also new to XBMC. i am currently on xbmc live installed on an old Acer Aspire notebook. i installed ESPN3 addon but have been getting script error.

searched the forum for solution and was told to reinstall dafult.py but sorry that I am new and also not very fluent with commands on linux, i realise that the path to put the default.py file mentioned here are mainly for atv2/iOS install. i could not find the path for the Live install. need help to know where to replace the default.py file so that I can get this ESPN3 to work.

btw, i am not in US, so I am not sure if it does affect if ESPN3 will work.

thanks!

- luke911 - 2011-09-08

subarex, ESPN3 is only available if your ISP offers it. it isn't open to everyone and I don't think any ISPs outside the US have or will have access to it.

- Slayer_ch - 2011-09-08

Yes it works outside USA when you install the default.py that you can find a couple of posts back.

- subarex - 2011-09-08

@Slayer_ch, i read the entire thread but the instruction on installing default.py seemed to be for atv/iOS only. i am using XBMC Live (installed on HDD of an old Acer notebook), hence i am not able to install default.py

correct me if i m wrong. i read that the default.py will need to be place in
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

but i could not find this path in my install of XBMC Live.

need help on the location/directory to copy this default.py file to.

thanks!

- Slayer_ch - 2011-09-08

I don't know for XBMC Live but for normal XBMC Windows installation it's under

Harddrive:/Users/YourUser/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3

re; - Amin B - 2011-09-08

Macpatto Wrote:I am in Ontario, Canada. and I am using the link from Dahlstrom below on my atv2 and on my Mac, trust me it works.. I am watching Soccer as we speak.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=332
Hope you can get it to work.

Thanks for the reply, can i ask you which ISP are you using ?

- Slayer_ch - 2011-09-08

Swisscom in Switzerland

EDIT: Ups sorry somehow thought this was a question for me. Should go sleep....

- Tourney3p0 - 2011-09-08

Is anyone else having any trouble with this plugin? I just started trying it today, but I get a " CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete" warning followed by "Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 3063, consumed: 0" and " ERROR: Error Contents: invalid literal for int(): Highest".

I tried this on both Windows 7 and Ubuntu Lucid and get the same error. I can provide more detailed logs if needed. For what it's worth, I'm able to view the site no problem in my browser.

Edit: Seems the modified default.py linked above fixed it. I'm neither on TWC or outside the US.

- Macpatto - 2011-09-08

Amin B Wrote:Thanks for the reply, can i ask you which ISP are you using ?

I am on Distributel.net which is a Montreal ISP based and I am on DSL .