Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- WildBill - 2011-09-18

paveksam Wrote:shure thing, thats why I`m here)
[email protected]
sent just paste your swid into the file

- bigd - 2011-09-18

As I posted in my original post, I was using the modified default.py from post 329, which ksosez updated when he pushed out the latest version.
FYI, I'm using a comcast login, but I'm currently watching a game using an ISP that isn't on the approved list(but still inside the US). So the IP address you're using shouldn't make a difference if you're in the US. I don't know if they're doing any checking for non US ip addresses.

@pup975 Did you change your affiliateID as well?

@cfg9000 If you can't even list the streams, you're all messed up. Time to uninstall/reinstall.

All I can say is that it's been working for me, I've been watching my game since I posted earlier Smile

- paveksam - 2011-09-18

Quote:All I can say is that it's been working for me, I've been watching my game since I posted earlier
Lucky man, it isnt work for me with russian ip.

WildBill, your letter lost somethere in the middle, didnt get it yet. Prob, doesnt matter anymore, I`m sure it match with one from post 329.

- WildBill - 2011-09-18

Removed

- WildBill - 2011-09-18

paveksam Wrote:Lucky man, it isnt work for me with russian ip.

WildBill, your letter lost somethere in the middle, didnt get it yet. Prob, doesnt matter anymore, I`m sure it match with one from post 329.

Do you get a an swid when you go to http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData

- Livin - 2011-09-18

bigd Wrote:OK, I don't know why in the world people are being so coy about the fix here. It was stated earlier that "the man" doesn't have a problem with the plugin, you just need to use your own credentials. So, I've just gotten mine working with a scant 45 minutes to spare before the big local rivalry game that I HAVE to watch Smile

(disclaimer: This is NOT user friendly! Don't try this unless you like to tinker around and know at least a little bit and computers and the internet)

Here's what I did:
Go to watchespn.com and login with your credentials and confirm that you can watch streams online.
Once you've logged in, go to this link:
http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData

That should bring up an xml file that you can view. Find your affiliate, it should look something like this (I have comcast)
<affiliate>
<name>comcast_sso</name>
Then down below, you need to find your swid, it'll look like something formatted like this:
'SWID= "{xxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}"

I used my modified default.py that had stopped working recently. (from post 329)

I changed the following 2 lines:
Code:
affiliateid = soup('name')[0].string
        swid = soup('personalization')[0]['swid']

Code:
affiliateid = 'comcast_sso'
        swid = 'xxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx'
(use your own affiliateid and swid instead of comcast_sso and the x's. Don't include the {}. Use the single quotes as shown, not double quotes)

And then this line as well farther down:

Code:
req.add_header('Cookie',
                           'SWID=xxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx')
(once again, use your own SWID)

After doing this, my appletv2 with xbmc was able to load live streams. I haven't tested it much, I just BARELY got it working. I make no guarantees, I'm simply sharing the method how I got it to work.

No one should have any copyright problems with this because you have to use your own valid credentials to make this work.

this is what we needed... thank you for stepping up!

Now, maybe someone can update the First Post with this info so people don't ask 1000x more.

- Mojonba - 2011-09-18

ShakeyBobWillis Wrote:FWIW the plug in is working on my AppleTV (1st generation) using the replacement default.py file in post #209. I am running on Comcast. Watching the Wisconsin Badger game now. WooHoo!

Quality is so-so, is there a way to switch quality levels? I've got Comcast running at about 16Mb so I should be able to stream better quality.

Shakey,

What Xbmc release are you using? Sam's Crystalbuntu?

- Radamanteis - 2011-09-18

Looking forward to a solution that could help people outsize US. T_T

- legazus - 2011-09-19

How can I edit the default.py file to enter my SWID?

- Livin - 2011-09-19

legazus Wrote:How can I edit the default.py file to enter my SWID?

Magic, or any text editor... Whichever is easiest for you Laugh

- jjense01 - 2011-09-19

legazus Wrote:How can I edit the default.py file to enter my SWID?

I'm with legazus. I don't know much about coding or anything, but I'm good at following directions and I feel comfortable using a text editor. I just simply don't know what to alter in the default.py. I have a legitimate user ID and password for ESPN3 from my small business' ISP, but my home ISP doesn't carry ESPN3. I would really appreciate anyone willing to share with my how best to alter the default.py with my username and password. Best to all you, as I love this forumSmile

Best,
Jesse

- bigd - 2011-09-19

I posted what to alter in post 428, you just need to look for the lines shown within your default.py, and change them to have your affiliate ID and SWID. A total of 3 lines need to be altered. Any text editor should work. Or, if you still can't figure it out, you're best off waiting for ksosez to come out with a more friendly fix.

You don't enter your username and password, you have to put in your SWID and affiliate, which you can lookup in the URL mentioned in post 428.

- khalees - 2011-09-19

bigd Wrote:I posted what to alter in post 428, you just need to look for the lines shown within your default.py, and change them to have your affiliate ID and SWID. A total of 3 lines need to be altered. Any text editor should work. Or, if you still can't figure it out, you're best off waiting for ksosez to come out with a more friendly fix.

You don't enter your username and password, you have to put in your SWID and affiliate, which you can lookup in the URL mentioned in post 428.

no other way for users outside US?

- emilsvennesson - 2011-09-19

This addon is illegal to use outside the US so please stop asking. Be happy that it even worked for such a long time.

- bourgeois_rage - 2011-09-19

bigd, I followed your instructions, but I'm still getting an error. I can go through the menus, but I get a plugin failure when I try to start the stream. I'm on time warner. Do you think that might have anything to do with it?

Thanks for the effort you are putting into this.