Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

apple tv 2 script error - nogoal99 - 2011-09-24

I apologize if this has been covered but I cannot find it.

I am running my ATV2 with xbmc.

The everything works fine until I try to play the live stream, then I get script error in the bottom right of the screen. I replaced the default.py and now when I select the espn3 addon it won't load up.

Any thoughts?

- friedbunny - 2011-09-25

dahlSTROM Wrote:This addon is illegal to use outside the US so please stop asking. Be happy that it even worked for such a long time.

Errrm, thanks for occasionally posting useful information. However, while ESPN might not like it when you try and access ESPN3 from abroad, it's hardly illegal for us to try (especially with valid Comcast/TWC/etc credentials). Indeed, they'd be happy to sell us expats a very similar service for $15/day.

- novadar - 2011-09-25

nogoal99

Did you use this default.py?

I was having major problems until I loaded this one.

BlakeM Wrote:working default.py
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lcrl67vcy6bzif

1. Replace the SWID in two places where XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX appears with your SWID
2. Replace the 'XXXX' with your affiliate ID

This should get your espn3 plugin working again. Note that to get the default.py to work I had to set the live quality to 4 and the replay quality to 3.

- novadar - 2011-09-25

ksosez,

That sounds great. While I don't mind FTPing back and forth to my Apple TV anything to simplify matters is great.

I am hoping you can clarify something for me. Does XBMC in general perform a lot of buffering? I am running XBMC on an Apple TV First Generation. I had a few fits and starts getting Flash 10.2 in place to allow ESPN3 to work in Firefox. I assumed I would have to live with terrible quality. But in fact via XBMC and this plugin the quality is OUTSTANDING. For some reason the live events seem even better than recordings. I am seriously seeing the images on my Vizio 48" in near HD quality. How is this possible?

ksosez Wrote:I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks. When I am back in the next couple of days, I will fix the addon so you will be able to enter your affiliate id and SWID in the actual preferences. That should make it easier for most people.

- skuba318 - 2011-09-25

Thanks for the working default.py BlakeM!

espn, 2, U - gchase23 - 2011-09-25

It would be great to add the streams for ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U... wouldnt need a different feed for each show, as it is just the channel... would love to have those as an option as well.

- bharath23 - 2011-09-25

ksosez Wrote:I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks. When I am back in the next couple of days, I will fix the addon so you will be able to enter your affiliate id and SWID in the actual preferences. That should make it easier for most people.

Can you also have the current behavior were the affiliate id and swid are autodetected if one doesnt have watchespn subscription.

- Mojonba - 2011-09-25

Can anybody help me troubleshoot this error? I have loaded the latest default.py edited with my affiliateid and swid. I get a script error when I load a replay feed.

Here's the log file.

Code:
ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
20:57:37 T:2968517520   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
20:57:37 T:2968517520   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/root/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 366, in <module>
                                                PLAY(url)
                                              File "/root/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 213, in PLAY
                                                smilurl = Soup(html).findAll('url')[0].string
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
20:57:37 T:2968517520

- BlakeM - 2011-09-25

Mojonba Wrote:Can anybody help me troubleshoot this error? I have loaded the latest default.py edited with my affiliateid and swid. I get a script error when I load a replay feed.

Here's the log file.

Code:
ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
20:57:37 T:2968517520   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
20:57:37 T:2968517520   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/root/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 366, in <module>
                                                PLAY(url)
                                              File "/root/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 213, in PLAY
                                                smilurl = Soup(html).findAll('url')[0].string
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
20:57:37 T:2968517520

I am going to make a guess that you have the replay quality set to a level that does not exist. I tried replay quality of 4 and got errors until I hard coded it to 3. I was only able to get a live quality of 4 and a replay quality of 3.

- Jayhovah - 2011-09-26

Using BlakeM's py - works like a charm for me. LOVE this add on!

- BlakeM - 2011-09-26

Jayhovah Wrote:Using BlakeM's py - works like a charm for me. LOVE this add on!

It should work ok until ksosez can come up with a cleaner solution.

- locomot1f - 2011-09-26

bharath23 Wrote:Can you also have the current behavior were the affiliate id and swid are autodetected if one doesnt have watchespn subscription.

i think this suggestion is getting back to how we got into this mess.

if you don't legally have access, then this plugin is not for you.

- jjense01 - 2011-09-27

BlakeM Wrote:working default.py
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lcrl67vcy6bzif

1. Replace the SWID in two places where XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX appears with your SWID
2. Replace the 'XXXX' with your affiliate ID

This should get your espn3 plugin working again. Note that to get the default.py to work I had to set the live quality to 4 and the replay quality to 3.

Everytime I think I'm about to lose XBMC access to ESPN3, someone brings me back. Thanks BlakeM! That worked once I uninstalled ESPN3, then reintalled, then replaced the default.py with yours and followed your directionsSmile

Best,
j

[AppleTV1] Latest Nightly, not working - blahdeeblah - 2011-09-30

I'm linking to the log file with debugging turned on. No streams play. I get "script failed…" This is with the latest nightly (XBMC Rev: 20110927) on an AppleTV1. It's odd that the plugin works fine on OS X running the latest nightly. I thought they were supposed to be the same. (The plugin also works fine for me on the AppleTV1 with Dharma).

log

The relevant bit seems to be around 19:16:34.

I think it's the same issue as mentioned here, earlier in the thread. Should I post this somewhere else?

- hunkyn - 2011-10-01

blahdeeblah Wrote:I'm linking to the log file with debugging turned on. No streams play. I get "script failed…" This is with the latest nightly (XBMC Rev: 20110927) on an AppleTV1. It's odd that the plugin works fine on OS X running the latest nightly. I thought they were supposed to be the same. (The plugin also works fine for me on the AppleTV1 with Dharma).

log

The relevant bit seems to be around 19:16:34.

I think it's the same issue as mentioned here, earlier in the thread. Should I post this somewhere else?

If you have chrome or firefox installed on atv try to login into watchespn and start xbmc. I had the same issue on windows after a long time and later i realized i cleared all the history and that was causing the issue. It worked as soon as i logged into watchespn from browser once.

I do not know if there is a browser on atv?

Thanks