Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- beschmid - 2011-10-29

Script Error

When selecting a Live stream I am still getting a python error, at least thats what it looks like to me. I'm kind of a dummy.

12:39:12 T:2764041072 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
12:39:12 T:2764041072 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
12:39:12 T:2764041072 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
12:39:12 T:2764041072 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/brad/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 523, in <module>
PLAYESPN3(url)
File "/home/brad/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 191, in PLAYESPN3
PLAY(url,'n360')
File "/home/brad/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 239, in PLAY
auth = smilurl.split('?')[1]
IndexError: list index out of range
12:39:12 T:2764041072 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

- Mojonba - 2011-10-29

Hello Guys,

I had the plugin working with the old version / default.py. Im trying to get it to work with the new version but I am having problems and have several questions. I am using an unauthorized isp with a username/password/swid/affiliate id.

1) The only files that the plugins needs are userdata.xml and cookies.lwp with the appropriate information? Right? default.py does not need to be edited.

2) Files are stored in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3 or /addons/plugin.video.espn3 ?

3) The cookies.lwp template in post has an invalid cookie expiration data and must be changed. Right?

4) Clear cookies and use login button in plugin settings must be turned off if you are using a isp not listed.

Thanks.

- BlueCop - 2011-10-29

too much to respond to.

post logs to pastebin and send them in pm.

I worked on handling error messages from the service last night before sleep.

it has different urls for grabbing smil based network and if you are an extended network user. It will be fixed later.

I still need feed back on which log-ins are working. i can confirm att. someone confirmed verizon.

Update:

also some errors were cause by a typo in of nal vs ngl for the goalline network id in networkmap dictionary.

also if you are having errors with manually edited swids. Try to both disable login and enable login. never check clear cookies if you are using edited files. only use clear cookies when you want it to re-grab your cookies and userdata.xml.

I committed an update to fix the goal line typo. I also added some of the error handling for espn3 responses. It will inform you if you aren't authorized or blacked out.

also don't modify that line. I wanted to get feedback if it worked. It will add the parameter if you have login enabled.

- WildBill - 2011-10-30

Macpatto Wrote:BC.. Thank you for your great effort and hard work.

Unfortunatelly, I am outside of the U.S. and the new update broke the viewing that I had working from post 465. So, went back to it and working again.
Would be nice to see the new features integrated in a fix for some of us outside of the U.S.

I luv this bad boy...
Thumbs up.

What I had to do was to uninstall and deleted espn3 folder from
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\addons\ and C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\addon_data

and make sure the clear cookies is not checked and you only need to edit what in post 571 userdata.xml

- BlueCop - 2011-10-30

I have not received logs of the failure. I can't fix anything if I don't know the problem.

don't post logs in the thread. email or pastebin pm them to me. I left alot of output in there to diagnose problems for right now. don't post them publicly.

did you try?
BlueCop Wrote:also if you are having errors with manually edited swids. Try to both disable login and enable login. never check clear cookies if you are using edited files. only use clear cookies when you want it to re-grab your cookies and userdata.xml.

You have to try these things and tell me what happened or give me logs. I can't divine problems.

Logs - beschmid - 2011-10-30

I would like to send you some logs but I currently manage my system via ssh and can't figure out how to copy the contents of the log (samba is broken and a whole other issue). I will keep on trying...

- Macpatto - 2011-10-30

WildBill Wrote:What I had to do was to uninstall and deleted espn3 folder from
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\addons\ and C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\addon_data

and make sure the clear cookies is not checked and you only need to edit what in post 571 userdata.xml

Well.. That did it WildBill. I can't thank you guys enough... Superb.. Nod

Thumbs Up.

- BlueCop - 2011-10-30

Macpatto Wrote:Well.. That did it WildBill. I can't thank you guys enough... Superb.. Nod

Thumbs Up.

What exactly did you do and what was your problem?

You could have just updated to the new version. It should not be needed to manually delete any files.

Sorry the options are confusing. I am redoing them to make it clearer to the user what should and shouldn't be used in certain situations. I think this will fix the confusion.

I am going to add an option to backup/restore cookies for people who edit their files. It should make it easier to test new login code without losing your existing cookies.

- WildBill - 2011-10-30

Some game on espn3 dont work but I went to espn3.com and they are all subject to blackout.

- emilsvennesson - 2011-10-30

Macpatto Wrote:BC.. Thank you for your great effort and hard work.

Unfortunatelly, I am outside of the U.S. and the new update broke the viewing that I had working from post 465. So, went back to it and working again.
Would be nice to see the new features integrated in a fix for some of us outside of the U.S.

I luv this bad boy...
Thumbs up.

The plugin is illegal to use outside the US and no support will be given either.

- BlueCop - 2011-10-30

I wrote some code in 0.9.3 to try to inform the user with a dialog box if the event is blacked out for them.

Did that show up? if it didn't could i get logs of the output so I can handle it.

I only found one video that was black out for me.

- fouad796 - 2011-10-30

I had the SCRIPT ERROR too all i did is UNCHECK ENABLE COOKIES and its FIXED
thx a lot for this incredible high quality Addon

- BlueCop - 2011-10-30

There isn't an "ENABLE COOKIES" in the settings.

I am redoing settings.

I renamed "Clear Cookies" to "Get New User Files"

I also added a "Use Custom User Files" option which will use user files in a subdirectory "custom" in the plugins userdata directory. If this directory doesn't exist on first launch then it will create the directory and copy the current cookies.lwp and userdata.xml to it. The reason i am adding this is so people can test login code without losing current functionality with backup custom users files.

I also added an "Extended Network User" option which changes how playback authorizes the video links. It depends on your ip if you need this setting. If playback fails change this option. I am working on detecting the need for this.

the other option is still "Enable Login" which will attempt to login and grab user files if they don't exist already. If they exist then it won't do anything. You have to enable "Get New User Files" to replace any user files in place.

It will attempt to get anonymous user files if no user files exist and enable login is disabled. if you enable "Get New User Files" then it will attempt to get new ones even if they already exist.

I will try to commit it later with some better login handling.

Update:
Committed 0.9.4

Changes:
Added "Ask Quality" option which will display a list of bitrates to choose before playback.
Added the Setting Changes I detailed above
Added new icons for live, upcoming and replay.

If you want to keep backups of your current user files then enable "Use Custom User Files". It will backup your existing user files to the "custom" sub-directory for you if the directory doesn't exist. It will never try to replace or update the custom files.

If you have playback errors then try switching on/off "Extended Network User" in the settings

- lunafermat - 2011-10-30

Running version 0.9.4 of ESPN Addon and XBMC 10.1 on a Mac Mini.

Had this addon working around 2 weeks ago but somewhere since the updates has caused it to stop working. I'm getting the following error in the xbmc.log file:

Code:
INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/lundafermat/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 572, in ?
                                                PLAYESPN3(url)
                                              File "/Users/lunafermat/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 210, in PLAYESPN3
                                                PLAY(url,'n360')
                                              File "/Users/lunafermat/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.espn3/default.py", line 259, in PLAY
                                                if not authstatus.find('successstatus'):
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
INFO: Python script stopped

I'm a TWC customer (with a linked ESPN account for remote access) and have tried the various combinations of ways to get the addon my login information to pull down a stream. It can list all the program (all the ESPN networks) but can not start streaming for any of them. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Still Needed? - beschmid - 2011-10-30

BlueCop Wrote:I am going to try to describe how to use the login from your browser with the plugin.

when you are logged in to espn and can view content then save the link below

http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData

save it as userdata.xml and store it in special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3/

look back at the post below for info to create the cookies.lwp
Use the values from userdata.xml
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=922670&postcount=571

Change your settings to enable login but disable clear cookies. This will make it use the files you saved.

I am curious to hear reports of the non-ESPN3 content working for those authorized. It will list the other content if you enable it in the settings. I don't have an authorized account so don't know if it will work or not. I am sure I can get it working but just might need logs from someone with authorization.

anyone who is authorized for non-espn3 content. could you grab this link when logged in http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/espnnetworks/user
if you could please send me the contents. strip out any identifiable info.

Bluecop,

Thanks for time and work you are putting into this addon. Greatly appreciated. Are the above instructions still necessary with the changes you have made in v0.9.4?