Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- StinDaWg - 2011-11-21

BlueCop Wrote:It seems like you want to cancel your cable and then continue to get features that require a espn subscription. I don't like cable requirement. I get it free with att uverse internet alone. most require a cable subscriptions to espn. discussing how to bypass restrictions will get unwanted attention. There are many ways to bypass authorization on several services but it isn't supported. Even if it was then discussing them would just get them fixed.

I guess I misunderstood then. I guess I misunderstood all the previous posts explaining how to change your SWID. I thought in previous posts you were explaining how to use remote access and how to change the provider ID. I was under the impression that what you were doing on newer builds was developing a system to bypass login, isn't that why you were asking people to PM you their userdata info? I guess I just don't understand what you are doing at all.

I'll be glad that it works for now and call it a day I guess.

- BlueCop - 2011-11-21

i explained how to extract your session from a logged in browser. I didn't tell anyone how to bypass login.

I am not working on any bypass of anything. The log-in code is working for my att account. I also got reports verizon working. I still need to work on the others. Other providers might work fine but no one has told me yet.

It does attempt to connect and use an anonymous swid if no information is set. This is how it worked on comcast internet when i had it.

- twikoff - 2011-11-21

can someone post a link to the latest repo? I must be overlooking it
I googled and downloaded one.. but kept getting script errors..
so Im hoping there is another one out there

- BlueCop - 2011-11-21

there isn't anything newer. it requires setup if your ip isn't authorized.

- StinDaWg - 2011-11-21

BlueCop Wrote:i explained how to extract your session from a logged in browser. I didn't tell anyone how to bypass login.

I am not working on any bypass of anything. The log-in code is working for my att account. I also got reports verizon working. I still need to work on the others. Other providers might work fine but no one has told me yet.

It does attempt to connect and use an anonymous swid if no information is set. This is how it worked on comcast internet when i had it.

I guess that's the part I'm not understanding. Since I didn't enter my login with Time Warner how do I know if the reason I am connecting and getting all the channels is because I am a TWC customer or if the addon is logging me on with some anonymous swid that I'm not aware of? And if so where is this information coming from/stored and is it a swid to match your provider or could it be a random Verizon or ATT id?

When I go into userdata.xml it says...

<personalization loginStatus="Anonymous Guest" swid="">
<username></username>
</personalization>

- WildBill - 2011-11-21

StinDaWg Wrote:I guess that's the part I'm not understanding. Since I didn't enter my login with Time Warner how do I know if the reason I am connecting and getting all the channels is because I am a TWC customer or if the addon is logging me on with some anonymous swid that I'm not aware of? And if so where is this information coming from/stored and is it a swid to match your provider or could it be a random Verizon or ATT id?

When I go into userdata.xml it says...

<personalization loginStatus="Anonymous Guest" swid="">
<username></username>
</personalization>
That means you have never went to espn3.com before or you have deleted your cache/cookies

- BlueCop - 2011-11-21

if you are in a certain ip ranges then it will work without a swid.

- twikoff - 2011-11-21

BlueCop Wrote:there isn't anything newer. it requires setup if your ip isn't authorized.

my ip is authorized without login

runtime - locomot1f - 2011-11-21

is there a way we can pretty up the runtime?

do you know where it's getting this information?
just a peeve at this point.
distracting seeing -> RUNTIME: 80.12828920838298 min

thanks in advance. keep up the great work!

- BlueCop - 2011-11-21

what skin are you using? It looks normal in confluence.

also it will be easy to pretty up. It is just taking the number or seconds in the event and dividing by 60. I just see the proper length next to the items in confluence. I can convert to an integer though.

- edogawa71 - 2011-11-22

BlueCop Wrote:I would be happy to if i knew it was the problem. Is the UTC time actually the problem? I haven't experienced the missing replay issue my self. I was hoping someone would report if that it indeed fixed it.

The problem is in the replay section, i find 1 item for each date and they are all old. The newest one is 6 November.

- BlueCop - 2011-11-22

have you checked your systems clock?

It then builds the ranges of dates to fetch from the current date and time on the system.

if that is off then your will have a problem displaying the correct replay dates.

if you seem to be missing the most recent items if might be from not using utc time. if these is the problem you are experiencing then try the patch from this post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=937090&postcount=676

let me know if that fixes it and I will update it.

- edogawa71 - 2011-11-22

BlueCop Wrote:i see the Portugal v. Bosnia in the 10 day replay.

It might be that i am using localtime and should be using gmt so it is using the wrong dates to filter the results.

if someone is experiencing the problem could you try replacing the line in CATEGORIES()

curdate = datetime.now()

curdate = datetime.utcnow()

I can update it later if that is the problem.
Thanks for your response. The things is i don't know how to do that. Can you please walk me through this. Thanks.

- BlueCop - 2011-11-22

did you check your system clock? the condition you describe is caused by an incorrect clock. it is only displaying old items because it thinks it is in the past.

Only try that patch if you are experiencing short term(1 day) delays in new replay items showing. this could be due to incorrect date. I don't know yet.

- edogawa71 - 2011-11-22

BlueCop Wrote:did you check your system clock? the condition you describe is caused by an incorrect clock. it is only displaying old items because it thinks it is in the past.

Only try that patch if you are experiencing short term(1 day) delays in new replay items showing. this could be due to incorrect date. I don't know yet.

thanks again. My system clock is correct. I have the same problem with a Mac and a Apple Tv, both systems clocks are correct.