Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- jabbba - 2011-12-13

divingmule Wrote:@jabbba, your getting that error because your authorization is failing.

Are you sure? To me, it looks like a url error.

I do remember now, I upgraded the system a night before I started having problems, I am not sure if there was an update to any of the python libraries

- SweetFish - 2011-12-14

Looks like its defaulting to time warner regardless of whats put in the preferences.

- TheHawk - 2011-12-14

Anybody any closer to a solution?

I've tinkered with the preferences all afternoon(including login/password) and entered my SWID in the userdata.xml but the result has been the same so far.

- motley28 - 2011-12-14

So most are using their cable subscribers login info for this addon? I don't have a cable provider and haven't had one,but i was still able to view everything with this addon. Is there a way I can get around this or is the addon not working for anyone?

- WildBill - 2011-12-14

Just checked and it is still working for me. Or is it just a Time Warner problem?

All I have is whats listed in post #571

- TheHawk - 2011-12-14

WildBill Wrote:Just checked and it is still working for me. Or is it just a Time Warner problem?

All I have is whats listed in post #571

Are you able to watch everything or just ESPN 3?

- WildBill - 2011-12-14

TheHawk Wrote:Are you able to watch everything or just ESPN 3?

Everything

- TheHawk - 2011-12-14

WildBill Wrote:Everything

so you just placed your swid and your provider in the userdata.xml ?
May I ask you which provider you are using?

edit: So according to post #571 your login status remains as anonymous guest?

- WildBill - 2011-12-14

TheHawk Wrote:so you just placed your swid and your provider in the userdata.xml ?

edit: So according to post #571 your login status remains as anonymous guest?
yes

- jabbba - 2011-12-14

WildBill Wrote:yes

Any chance you post your default.py script here, maybe you are running a version that we don't. Old file from post 465 is working for me fine, but I can't watch any replays as it relies on some community created xml file which is out of date now.

I use userdata.xml script file as it is in that post and still nothing with the 0.9.4

- TheHawk - 2011-12-14

I'm able to access ESPN 3 content via my browser, but if'm trying to do the same in XBMC I get a script error.

I tried to do what was said in post #571 and all I got was the response "ERROR".
Even tried to enter my ESPN login info but still the same.

So it doesn't work with my comcast login and if I delete the userfiles I get the TWC error message.

Any more ideas?

- WildBill - 2011-12-14

TheHawk Wrote:I'm able to access ESPN 3 content via my browser, but if'm trying to do the same in XBMC I get a script error.

I tried to do what was said in post #571 and all I got was the response "ERROR".
Even tried to enter my ESPN login info but still the same.

So it doesn't work with my comcast login and if I delete the userfiles I get the TWC error message.

Any more ideas?
Have everything unchecked and Only have setting.xml, userdata.xml, and videocache.xml in the folder. If you have the cookie.lwp delete it. That what I got and it works for me

EDIT
Go to broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData and see if your SWID the same it might of EXPIRED

EDIT 2:
Make sure you have the Capital X in the userdata

- jabbba - 2011-12-14

WildBill Wrote:EDIT 2:

Capital X? Where? In the filename?

- WildBill - 2011-12-14

jabbba Wrote:Capital X? Where? In the filename?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=922670&postcount=571

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<user>
    <affiliate>
        <name><provider></name>
        <imageUrl></imageUrl>
        <websiteUrl></websiteUrl>
        <localAdAccountId>null</localAdAccountId>
    </affiliate>

<location>
        <ip>X</ip>
        <country>X</country>
        <city>X</city>
        <state>X</state>
        <continent>na</continent>
        <dma>X</dma>
        <zipCode></zipCode>
        <domain>X</domain>
    </location>

<personalization loginStatus="Anonymous Guest" swid="{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX}">
        <username></username>
    </personalization>
</user>
the bold <provider> should be replaced with the custom provider if you are using one. The others bold XXX are where the SWID goes.

- TheHawk - 2011-12-14

WildBill Wrote:Have everything unchecked and Only have setting.xml, userdata.xml, and videocache.xml in the folder. If you have the cookie.lwp delete it. That what I got and it works for me

EDIT
Go to broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData and see if your SWID the same it might of EXPIRED

EDIT 2:

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately it hasn't worked so far.

Really appreciate it.