Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- WildBill - 2012-01-08

Untraumatized Wrote:ok then it should be set and ready to stream right? or should i also edit the other userdata.xml thats in custom?

I have no custom

- Untraumatized - 2012-01-08

wait false alarm!!! I HAD SOME RETARDED SETTINGS CHECKED IN ESPN FROM WHEN I WAS TRYING TO GET IT WORKING, NOW IT WORKS

I REPEAT STREAMS ARE WORKING!! THANKS GUYS I LOVE THIS LITTLE APPLE TV AND YOU GUYS MADE IT 1,000X BETTER! (i bought this little guy 2 days ago lol!!)

Possible minor bug (feature?) in replay lists - fatcatfan - 2012-01-08

Missed Kentucky basketball live today and wanted to watch the replay. It was showing up on the website as available for replay, but not in the "Replay 10 days" list (the first/smallest replay range) in the ESPN plugin. But, if I go to "Replay All" list in the plugin, it shows up. The most recent items in the "Replay 10" basketball list were from Jan 4th, but "Replay 10" had items from today and other days in between now and the 4th.

Is the list of available streams being cached locally? Or just some minor bug in the test for which streams to filter?

Anyway, thanks for all the work on this great plugin. It's nice to not have to load a web browser on my XBMC box just to watch ESPN.

EDIT: sorry, another search turned up some info on this, troubleshooting it myself.

EDIT2: since the "enddate" string is only used on replay urls, I'm arbitrarily setting it a year into the future. The watchespn feed currently reacts to that okay, and only returns replay items, not items in the future.

- Kernalzero - 2012-01-08

Macielle Wrote:did you do this?Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=428

So I'm dealing with charter Internet (I can use espn3 without problems on my laptops and desktops through any browser). obviously charter isn't listed in this plugin under settings as being available but charter does pay espn and I have access.

Trying to deploy this on my appletv 2g using Eden 11.0beta.

I followed precisely what was mentioned above by inserting my SWID into default.py. I also replaced the userdata.xml with the one I obtained from espn's site in the usual fashion.

I can browse games but get a script error when I try to play anything.

Question #1: where do I find the log to post the error?
Question #2: am I screwed having a cable provider not listed in the plugin or I just haven't gotten the right settings?

Thoughts?

- fatcatfan - 2012-01-08

After fiddling around with it, I don't think the "utcnow" patch is enough to fix the missing replays problem.

The query sent on the url for the watchespn feed only specifies a date, YYYYMMDD. Putting today for the enddate of that query does not return events that happened today (at least that's what I observed).

So, even with a clock correctly set to utc time, or local time with the utcnow patch, if the query end date is still "today" relative to the watchespn feed, it will not return today's events. At a minimum the end date needs to be set to "tomorrow", or some other arbitrary date in the future.

I think the reason it currently works for some is that, depending on what time of day it is, UTC/GMT is already tomorrow.

Of course, it's also completely possible that I'm entirely wrong and have missed some key part.Huh

- WildBill - 2012-01-08

What version do you have. The current is 0.9.4

- Kernalzero - 2012-01-08

WildBill Wrote:What version do you have. The current is 0.9.4

Newest version. 0.9.4

- Untraumatized - 2012-01-09

Kernalzero Wrote:So I'm dealing with charter Internet (I can use espn3 without problems on my laptops and desktops through any browser). obviously charter isn't listed in this plugin under settings as being available but charter does pay espn and I have access.

Trying to deploy this on my appletv 2g using Eden 11.0beta.

I followed precisely what was mentioned above by inserting my SWID into default.py. I also replaced the userdata.xml with the one I obtained from espn's site in the usual fashion.

I can browse games but get a script error when I try to play anything.

Question #1: where do I find the log to post the error?
Question #2: am I screwed having a cable provider not listed in the plugin or I just haven't gotten the right settings?

Thoughts?

OK LISTEN CAREFULLY

YOU DID EXACTLY WHAT I DID AT FIRST

DON'T DO THE DEFAULT.PY THING, DELETE THE ESPN APP AND REINSTALL IT, TAKES LIKE 5 SECONDS, THEN DO THE USERDATA.XML THING (NOTTTTT THE DEFAULT.PY THING THAT'S FOR OLDER VERSION!!!!)

After that it should work, make sure you only have the login with ur user and pass box checked, I had some of the top ones checked and it didn't work till I unchecked them

- canadave - 2012-01-09

Hi guys,

I was using the older version of ESPN3 a while ago, stopped using it, and now I see there's a new version Smile Trying to get it running, and I've read post #571 (I understand there's a difference between what I need to do for the different versions), but I'm still confused.

It keeps talking about changing the userdata.xml file. Where is that? I don't see it in userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3. Also, is that the ONLY file that needs to be changed? Post #571 talks about a cookies.lvp file as well, and I don't see that anywhere either?

- canadave - 2012-01-09

Okay...well, after much digging, finally managed to answer my own question. For the benefit of anyone who stumbles across this in a search, the answer is that you have to go to the espn.broadband site to get your SWID as the instructions say, BUT, you then have to SAVE THE CONTENT OF THE WEB PAGE as an XML file onto your computer, and then upload it to the addon_data folder. That's not mentioned in the post #571 that everyone keeps referencing.

After I did that, no other configuration was necessary for me in the addon settings, nor was any cookies file (as also spoken of in post #571) necessary.

- canadave - 2012-01-09

Now that it's working (somewhat), I have a couple other questions Smile

1. If I click on "live" to show live events, nothing is shown (just the "two dots" that XBMC uses to indicate a parent folder). Is that normal? I would've thought there would always be something showing on ESPN3.

2. Navigation through the addon (i.e. to choose a replay duration to search, then a sport, etc) seems very, very slow on my ATV2. For instance, if I choose "replay 30 days", the "espn loading directory" dialog box appears quickly enough, but then it just sits there on "retrieved 1 items" for about a full 30-45 seconds before showing the list of sports to choose from. Then, I choose a sport, and it sits there again for another 30-45 seconds or so. Is that, too, normal? I seem to remember the older version of this addon being much snappier in this regard.

3. When I look at any sport's available replay list, I see what appears to be some sort of time of day, but not the date of broadcast, unlike the previous addon (which showed the date). Is that by design, or an oversight, or is it something that can't be implemented?

Thanks.

- WildBill - 2012-01-09

canadave Wrote:Now that it's working (somewhat), I have a couple other questions Smile

1. If I click on "live" to show live events, nothing is shown (just the "two dots" that XBMC uses to indicate a parent folder). Is that normal? I would've thought there would always be something showing on ESPN3.

2. Navigation through the addon (i.e. to choose a replay duration to search, then a sport, etc) seems very, very slow on my ATV2. For instance, if I choose "replay 30 days", the "espn loading directory" dialog box appears quickly enough, but then it just sits there on "retrieved 1 items" for about a full 30-45 seconds before showing the list of sports to choose from. Then, I choose a sport, and it sits there again for another 30-45 seconds or so. Is that, too, normal? I seem to remember the older version of this addon being much snappier in this regard.

3. When I look at any sport's available replay list, I see what appears to be some sort of time of day, but not the date of broadcast, unlike the previous addon (which showed the date). Is that by design, or an oversight, or is it something that can't be implemented?

Thanks.

1. make sure you have the channel check in the setting.

2. Yes it takes, and yes it didn't use to in the old but the old used passportproject(I think that was the name) not espn3.com for replays

3. if you have it on media view it show the date and time of airing. \

- canadave - 2012-01-09

Hi WildBill, thanks for your replies.

WildBill Wrote:1. make sure you have the channel check in the setting.
Yep, it's checked (ESPN3). I live in Canada so I think this is the only channel avaiable to me? Anyway, whether it is or isn't, it's still not showing anything under "live".

WildBill Wrote:3. if you have it on media view it show the date and time of airing. \
Not sure what "media view" is, but I've tried every viewtype available to me in my skin (reFocus), and none shows the date. All it says is the time.

EDIT: Oh, you mean "Media Info" view in Confluence? I just tried that, and yes, I see the date on the side there. However, reFocus does not have this view. Is there any way to find out where the date "comes from"? Perhaps I could mod reFocus, or at least have the skin developer try to incorporate it. I'm pretty sure reFocus showed the date in the previous version of the ESPN3 addon.

EDIT2: Ugh. It's not the TIME OF DAY that's showing on my screen in reFocus for each of the available replays; it's the LENGTH of the replay. Still curious about how to get the "Aired" time and date to show in reFocus.

aaaaaand EDIT 3: Fixed Smile reFocus's dev will add a small change to fix the skin so it shows the Aired date.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-09

canadave: bring up the video information by pressing i on the keyboard.

- WildBill - 2012-01-09

Currently No live game but if you went to upcoming you will see a game at 2:50 EST

I double checked by going to espn3.com