Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- BlueCop - 2012-01-25

do you not agree it is helpful when finding information in the thread without reviewing each page?

- kegobeer - 2012-01-25

BlueCop Wrote:do you not agree it is helpful when finding information in the thread without reviewing each page?

Of course. I just don't usually tell people to use the search button. I figure they already know about it.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-25

telling someone to review 96 pages and search a thread are different things.

One makes the feat sound difficult. The other is actually pointing out the means of finding the needed information.

- El Nacho - 2012-01-25

El Nacho Wrote:So, after reading this thread I managed to get this plugin working just fine on my ATV2. Thanks for that.

Then I got to thinking "I could probably get this working on my iPhone as well, since I have XBMC installed on it. So I grabbed a copy of the bluecop zip and my userdata.xml file from the ATV2, and I copied it over and it worked just fine on my iPhone as well as long as I was on my home Wi-Fi (my ISP is through AT&T DSL) but when I turned Wi-Fi off on my iPhone and tried to connect using 3G I got an error. I know it's because I'm no longer on an approved network, but I was wondering if there was a way that I could tweak my userdata.xml flle and/or login information in the plugin in order to be able to watch espn3 while on 3G or other non-AT&T wi-fi networks.

Note: I am aware of the WatchESPN app in the app store, but I have DirecTV and that is not an approved affiliate for the service. But my ESPN login works fine on my laptop if I take it to a friend's house. I was hoping to be able to use the remote access login on my phone's copy of XBMC as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

So I really hate to be annoying, but really, does no one know the answer to my question? Seems like everyone else is getting replies even if it is telling them to search, or just saying "no, it's not possible".

- BlueCop - 2012-01-25

El Nacho Wrote:So I really hate to be annoying, but really, does no one know the answer to my question?
you probably have an empty swid because you are on an authorized network.

If you can tether on your phone or can use any unauthorized network on your computer then you can get an authorized swid.

Once you are on an unauthorized network then you can login with your browser and then get your userdata.xml

This userdata.xml will have your swid which should allow it to work.

I am on att and I used the att login in the plugin to get the userdata on my phone.

They have changed their espn login javascript recently though. It seems it isn't getting the right log-in urls out of the javascript anymore. I know att is broken. I am not sure about the other. att will be fixed soon though.

- El Nacho - 2012-01-25

Excellent. Thanks for your reply. I will give that a shot.

- El Nacho - 2012-01-25

Actually I just checked and I don't have a blank swid. At the bottom it says:

<personalization loginStatus="Registered, Passively Logged In" swid="{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}">
<username>myespn3username</username>
</personalization>

Should I be using my epsn3 login, or my AT&T info?

- BlueCop - 2012-01-25

I still suspect it is swid problem. I think they are cracking down because people have been sharing swids.

"Registered, Passively Logged In" I believe is your problem.

If you are on a unauthorized network then you this might be the wrong type of swid.

Try to get one from a active log-in on an unauthorized network. I believe it will work.

I mean your At&t login.

- shaxs - 2012-01-25

BlueCop Wrote:the directory doesn't have the proper permissions because you probably created it as root.

I believe XBMC runs under the mobile user name. I am not sure though.

If you delete the directory you created and then change a setting for ESPN it will create the directory for you with permissions it can write to.

That worked thanks. It does take 3-4 minutes to load the replay directories at each level. Is this normal?

- BlueCop - 2012-01-25

the atv2 is slow processing the xml. I have a version which uses element tree that is faster. I have been using BeautifulSoup for xml. I am looking into the other date problems with replays that need fixing before putting anything new up.

You can adjust the number of days for replay in the settings. Lower numbers will load quicker.

- shaxs - 2012-01-25

BlueCop Wrote:the atv2 is slow processing the xml. I have a version which uses element tree that is faster. I have been using BeautifulSoup for xml. I am looking into the other date problems with replays that need fixing before putting anything new up.

You can adjust the number of days for replay in the settings. Lower numbers will load quicker.

Understood. Thank you! Pretty stoked that these little $99 devices can do everything my $450 htpcs (or at least what I do). They are more consistent in terms of play back. Only draw back is the slower processing moving between menus.

- thorin - 2012-01-25

Can anyone give cliffnotes on Windows, XBMC (Eden) and ESPN3 plugin?

I've just recently re-installed XBMC completely along with the ESPN add-on. I then continued with the userdata.xml file which I placed in the correct map.

I can now "run" ESPN video add-on, but when I click LIVE the map is empty. Upcoming events works, but when I try to get video of the replays there's a script error as follows:

http://pastebin.com/ci3Nx8TA

in following order:

Live -> empty
Upcoming events -> trying to run to see if video
Replay -> trying to watch [ERROR]

Any suggestions? Do I edit default.py?

After no responses, I tried to edit default.py and put in my SWID.

Then these errors occur: http://pastebin.com/aK28msB4

Prefer this to happen before the big match tonight, thanks in advance Smile

(Yeah, I've read through all of the pages, but couldn't seem to get a hold on this)

- Roti2000 - 2012-01-27

I had a problem begin yesterday where none of the Replay events were showing up.

Live events are fine, but when you go into the Replay menus, I am getting just a "(all)" selection instead of the list of sports. Clicking on (all) brings up an empty folder.

Anyone else experiencing this?

- thorin - 2012-01-27

Roti2000: are you US?

What did you do to get LIVE working?

- Roti2000 - 2012-01-27

@thorin,

yes, I'm in the US. I followed the instructions in post 571 and post 574.

I'm actually on an original XBOX, and got some help from the thread at xbmc4xbox.

The plugin has been working great until yesterday when the replay games didn't load. Live is still OK, though.