Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- BlueCop - 2012-02-02

canadave: thanks but just forget about it. I am moving on to other things.

I am not cut out for interfacing with the public. I just get grumpier and more annoyed. I would rather tinker alone or with friends. I love xbmc but I don't work well with people or even team projects. I don't know if I am getting trolled or what. I can't stand it when people don't even attempt to find information they need. Yet they expect help from others.

newatv2user: sorry i misunderstood. I didn't realize it removed it from public view.

I un-deleted it so people can check out any code they want. I will leave it up a week so people can install and grab anything they want.

I am still going to be working on improvements. I am going to try to establish some kind of limited distribution. I know this won't stop other people using it but that is fine by me as long as I never hear from them.

it is open source so go crazy. I am just done supporting or developing publicly. It isn't in my self interest anymore.

- ishigoemon - 2012-02-02

Brother, I feel your pain. Coding can be a pain sometimes, but it's always understandable at some level. People, on the other hand, are unpredictable at best and downright dangerous at times.

Be proud of what you've done. Not only for creating something that the masses could not or did not, but for dealing with them for far more then could be asked of you. Thank you for your work, and thank you for letting us share in your creation.

In a perfect world, you will find one or more people to act as a buffer, allowing you to feel free to continue what you do best while protecting your own interests. If that doesn't come to pass, let it burn, as you don't owe the world anything.

Take care of yourself, and don't let them bring you down.

- lisheran - 2012-02-02

I registered just to thank bluecop ESPN3 was the only add-on I used and I wanted to let him know his work is greatly appreciated.

- beschmid - 2012-02-02

ishigoemon Wrote:Brother, I feel your pain. Coding can be a pain sometimes, but it's always understandable at some level. People, on the other hand, are unpredictable at best and downright dangerous at times.

Be proud of what you've done. Not only for creating something that the masses could not or did not, but for dealing with them for far more then could be asked of you. Thank you for your work, and thank you for letting us share in your creation.

In a perfect world, you will find one or more people to act as a buffer, allowing you to feel free to continue what you do best while protecting your own interests. If that doesn't come to pass, let it burn, as you don't owe the world anything.

Take care of yourself, and don't let them bring you down.

Well said. Thank you Bluecop! Don't know how you put up with it for this long.

- lowball - 2012-02-03

Quote:Thanks for the awesome addons. Live long and prosper.

- ksosez - 2012-02-03

Sigh.

I am really proud of this plugin and BlueCop's massive help in coding it (its more his now than mine). I understand his frustration but hope he reconsiders.

- StinDaWg - 2012-02-03

Sad to see you go BlueCop. Half of the reason I use xbmc is due to your excellent plugins- ESPN, Free Cable, and Hulu. Hopefully there will be a way for appreciative users here to continue to use your updated plugins wherever they may be posted even if it means getting no support or you never posting here again. Take care.

- Macpatto - 2012-02-03

Really sad that one of the good brains for these kind of stuff is leaving us..
You'll be missed B/C. Hope we can hear from you again.

Thanks.

- bikubay - 2012-02-03

thank you BC ,your plugins will be missed

- bubbanc - 2012-02-04

So bummed about Bluecop; I wish someone could talk him out of it. He's given so much to the XBMC community Sad

As a side note here.. anyone having issues with Live Streams? Everything else plays great. I seem to recall the streams played fine on beta1. Previous recordings play with no issues. Seems like the live streams buffer immediately, start to play for about 20 seconds, buffer again, then exit. Log shows "connection reset by peer". I saw something the other evening about a new librtmp handshake issue, but after doing some searching today and reading the Hulu forum, looks like Bluecop said we should be fine w/ the librtmp in beta2. Just wondering what has changed or if it's just me.

Below is my log if anyone has any suggestions... http://www.pastie.org/private/audt0sypl3ytzns8t4prma

Thx!

- canadave - 2012-02-04

bubbanc Wrote:So bummed about Bluecop; I wish someone could talk him out of it. He's given so much to the XBMC community Sad
I tried...he seems dead set on his course, and although I wish it weren't so, I guess that's that Sad Oh well...at least the idiot who set him off was banned.

bubbanc Wrote:As a side note here.. anyone having issues with Live Streams? Everything else plays great. I seem to recall the streams played fine on beta1. Previous recordings play with no issues. Seems like the live streams buffer immediately, start to play for about 20 seconds, buffer again, then exit. Log shows "connection reset by peer". I saw something the other evening about a new librtmp handshake issue, but after doing some searching today and reading the Hulu forum, looks like Bluecop said we should be fine w/ the librtmp in beta2. Just wondering what has changed or if it's just me.

Below is my log if anyone has any suggestions... http://www.pastie.org/private/audt0sypl3ytzns8t4prma

Thx!
Are you talking about live streams in ESPN3 addon, or are you talking about the LiveStreams addon? If it's the latter, you should raise this issue in the appropriate (LiveStreams) thread, not this one.

- bubbanc - 2012-02-04

canadave Wrote:I tried...he seems dead set on his course, and although I wish it weren't so, I guess that's that Sad Oh well...at least the idiot who set him off was banned.

Are you talking about live streams in ESPN3 addon, or are you talking about the LiveStreams addon? If it's the latter, you should raise this issue in the appropriate (LiveStreams) thread, not this one.

ESPN3 Live Streams. All the previous recordings work fine; all the live ones have the issues I described above. I don't use the LiveStreams plugin.

- locomot1f - 2012-02-04

bubbanc Wrote:ESPN3 Live Streams. All the previous recordings work fine; all the live ones have the issues I described above. I don't use the LiveStreams plugin.

Make sure that you have the latest update for the ESPN plugin. BlueCop commited some last minute fixes a couple of days ago.

If you have Eden Beta 2, it should automatically update the plugin.
otherwise, you might need to do a force update / refresh on the repo...

hopefully it's still there. Huh
Should have version 0.9.8

wow!!! so close to 1.0... Sad

- sproket - 2012-02-04

Bluecop:

Man I so understand. Read some post about you going behind closed doors and stop supporting and limit updates for your addons. I understand the reasons. I have recently started doing some minor Python and working some very basic addon. Just learning to scrape websites and link them into xbmc. Lots to learn but all in time.

Hope you will have a little closed community somewhere, keep me in mind.

Thank you for all the hard work so far.

Sproket

- niceone - 2012-02-04

can someone show me how to update these files that bluecop edited to make espn work at the moment when i go to launch espn plugin nothing happens.Ive tried editing the files but cant cut and paste the code properly would someone be able to give me the edted files.Im not using a keyboard with xbmc i only have the apple remote and im running the latest release of xbmc beta 2