Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

- RuiJay - 2012-02-08

I have ATV1 running on Linix CrystalUtunbo, is it posible to update the userdata.xml file using wiscp because the login (atv/atv) is read only?

- niceone - 2012-02-08

yes it is possible because i did manage to do it the quaity of the streams was very good i reackon.some streams not working but i was told at certain times i may be able to watch them.

- WildBill - 2012-02-09

Anyone know how to add buzzer beater? It the only ESPN channel currectly not in thisplugin

- nebulousman - 2012-02-10

thanks to this thread espn works now but on live events I get kicked out of the stream after a few minutes back to the list and I can pick the stream again and watch it again for a few minutes before the stream quits again.

I noticed the same problem reported in early pages but I can't find the solution.

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as you guys but I follow instructions well. Any help would be appreciated.

- locomot1f - 2012-02-10

@ nebulousman,

the only solution that I can recall is to lower the bitrate settings.
I think most people are finding that it's a bandwidth issue.

what platform are you on?

espn 3 on ATV2 - Hugh Jnutz - 2012-02-11

I have been reading through the forums trying to gather as much info as possible and trying to figure out how to get this addon working for me on ATV2 but i keep getting script errors.

I live in Canada, but am a subscriber to espn 3. I am able watch ESPN3 (both live and replays) on my PC (on the ESPN Site) by logging in with my cox credentials without the use of a VPN.

When i open the addon i am able to see live games but get a script error if i click on them. i am unable to see any replay data.

Here is what i have done...

I have plugin.video.espn in the /private/var/mobile/library/Prefrences/XBMC/Userdata/Addon_data

under ownership it says root next to this addon. For all others addons in this folder it says mobile. Is this a problem?

In the plugin.video.espn3 i have added the userdata.xml and cookies.lwp with the instructions from post 571.

In XBMC setings i have the following checked

Playback-> XBMC
Login -> Enable Login (do i fill in my provider user name and password?)
Channels-> ESPN3

Thoughts, suggestions?

I really appreciate any help, thanks for taking the time.

- WildBill - 2012-02-11

Hugh Jnutz Wrote:I have been reading through the forums trying to gather as much info as possible and trying to figure out how to get this addon working for me on ATV2 but i keep getting script errors.

I live in Canada, but am a subscriber to espn 3. I am able watch ESPN3 (both live and replays) on my PC (on the ESPN Site) by logging in with my cox credentials without the use of a VPN.

When i open the addon i am able to see live games but get a script error if i click on them. i am unable to see any replay data.

Here is what i have done...

I have plugin.video.espn in the /private/var/mobile/library/Prefrences/XBMC/Userdata/Addon_data

under ownership it says root next to this addon. For all others addons in this folder it says mobile. Is this a problem?

In the plugin.video.espn3 i have added the userdata.xml and cookies.lwp with the instructions from post 571.

In XBMC setings i have the following checked

Playback-> XBMC
Login -> Enable Login (do i fill in my provider user name and password?)
Channels-> ESPN3

Thoughts, suggestions?

I really appreciate any help, thanks for taking the time.
unchecked login ans everything should work

- nebulousman - 2012-02-11

locomot1f Wrote:@ nebulousman,

the only solution that I can recall is to lower the bitrate settings.
I think most people are finding that it's a bandwidth issue.

what platform are you on?

ATV2 with Eden beta 2 - noticed beta 3 is out but I haven't updated yet

I changed the stream quality from 2200 to 1800 and watched a game last night without any issues

thanks locomot1f

- Hugh Jnutz - 2012-02-11

WildBill Wrote:unchecked login ans everything should work

Thanks WildBill, I have the live stream working now. The replay still shows nothing inside the directories? Any thoughts on why that might be. Thanks.

- ad-team - 2012-02-12

thanks my friend

- GoodGuy - 2012-02-12

I have the XBMC installed on my computer with window 7 64bit. I got the "script failed error" when I try to watch ESPN. I have been reading through this forum and still haven't got it work yet.

The plugin.video.espn3 folder is found under c:\users\qq\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons

There was no userdate.xml and cookies.lwp files existing in that folder. So I created these two files and added the text as shown in post #571 after editing perthe instructions. I use Comcast for the internet.

However, i still get the error when I tried to watch espn3.
Can someone point to me what I did wrong? Or what should I do to make it work?
Thank you.

- Macpatto - 2012-02-13

@ Goodguy..

the file is located in XBMC\Addons\UserData\Addon_data\pluging.video.espn3\userdata.xml

I suggest to delete the files you've created wherever you did, and open the userdata.xml file with notepad and change fields as explain on 571 post.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

- cristianoshoon - 2012-02-13

Dear guys, I am from Italy and thanks to your tests and skills about this topic I am able to watch espn3. I'd live to check if I could see ESPN and ESPN 2. Could anybody help me? Thanks

- WildBill - 2012-02-13

cristianoshoon Wrote:Dear guys, I am from Italy and thanks to your tests and skills about this topic I am able to watch espn3. I'd live to check if I could see ESPN and ESPN 2. Could anybody help me? Thanks
You could but you will need a Swid that came from BHN, TWC, VF network, and soon to be Comcast.

- malibu327 - 2012-02-13

What is that and where do I get one?

WildBill Wrote:You could but you will need a Swid that came from BHN, TWC, VF network, and soon to be Comcast.