Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - cablegoon - 2012-07-06

Thanks to all who have made this plugin possible – been following this thread for a while but haven’t posted yet. Everything was good until two days ago – at first I kept getting a script failed error and now when I there are no links in the “live” section - funnily this all happened when the other espn go plugin got automatically updated.
I have been using the new default.py for the last week or so and it worked flawlessly – not sure if anyone has been having the same issues.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - stephanstricker - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-06, 17:50)ksosez Wrote: Make sure you select "create new user files" in the preferences the first time you run it (then deselect if after they are created).

That did not help. The folder and the file do not exist. The default.py that is floating around this thread brings back streaming but no audio :-(

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - WildBill - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 02:36)stephanstricker Wrote:
(2012-07-06, 17:50)ksosez Wrote: Make sure you select "create new user files" in the preferences the first time you run it (then deselect if after they are created).

That did not help. The folder and the file do not exist. The default.py that is floating around this thread brings back streaming but no audio :-(
Who is your ISP?

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - stephanstricker - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 04:08)WildBill Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 02:36)stephanstricker Wrote:

Who is your ISP?

AT&T

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - WildBill - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 04:11)stephanstricker Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 04:08)WildBill Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 02:36)stephanstricker Wrote: That did not help. The folder and the file do not exist. The default.py that is floating around this thread brings back streaming but no audio :-(
Who is your ISP?

AT&T

AT&T will only get espn3 content Uninstall and reinstall espn make sure everything is unchecked except play in XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Hamakawama - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-05, 06:13)Hamakawama Wrote: Hi,
i need some help... Im tryin to get espn3 run on my windows based pc (win 7 64)... Last time ive got it run on my pc was around october, last year... Befor they changed up that default.py thing with editing it...
When i remember wright, u needed a membership on espn3 or something like that and needed to enter your data onto that default.py...
Has something changed since october/november? Or do i still need a runnin "membership"?
Cause im from Germany and im not able to watch college sports on tv... -.- Is there any chance u can help me out?

Add: I already tried that default.py, which is recommended a few post earlier...
Still get that plugin.error....

Greetz Alex

Can u guys help me out with dat problem?

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - WildBill - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 03:22)Hamakawama Wrote:
i need some help... Im tryin to get espn3 run on my windows based pc (win 7 64)... Last time ive got it run on my pc was around october, last year... Befor they changed up that default.py thing with editing it...
When i remember wright, u needed a membership on espn3 or something like that and needed to enter your data onto that default.py...
Has something changed since october/november? Or do i still need a runnin "membership"?
Cause im from Germany and im not able to watch college sports on tv... -.- Is there any chance u can help me out?

Add: I already tried that default.py, which is recommended a few post earlier...

Greetz Alex

Who your provider?

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - stephanstricker - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-07, 04:24)WildBill Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 04:11)stephanstricker Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 04:08)WildBill Wrote: Who is your ISP?

AT&T

AT&T will only get espn3 content Uninstall and reinstall espn make sure everything is unchecked except play in XBMC.

I don't really see how that makes any difference if the file and the folder are missing.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - cmckitterick - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-02, 22:49)milli Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 23:53)cmckitterick Wrote: Add me to this list. I only pay for basic cable, so I don't have a huge problem with not getting ESPN or ESPN2. However, I used to get those streams in the past and if I still can, I'd definitely like to get that fixed.

As bluecop mentioned in an earlier post, this addon is not supposed to hack and play what you are not subscribed to. If you can't play in the browser, it is not going to work in the addon as well.

Now for the argument it worked before and not now:

Providers usually leave it open initially(for different reasons) until they decide to enforce subscription check. I have had those kind of free services from comcast in the past until one fine day they blocked them.

The problem which many others experience currently is whatever works in browser doesn't work in the addon any more.

I'm well aware the plugin doesn't hack into ESPN's website. What I meant is that I'm not sure whether I should also be able to view ESPN and ESPN 2 as a Comcast subscriber since I only have basic cable + internet from Comcast.

Either way, since it's not working for anyone, it's possible that I should legally be able to access ESPN and ESPN 2. Capisce?

EDIT:Grammar error.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Hamakawama - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 03:30)WildBill Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 03:22)Hamakawama Wrote:

Greetz Alex

Who your provider?

Dont have any At&t or Verizon in Germany... Got O²/Alice for phone, vodafone for mobile.... and for tv u dont even need a provider...

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - cablegoon - 2012-07-09

Plugin magically fixed itself over the weekend and now all is good – if you have sound issues try updating your drivers or when a video is playing get into the on screen display – navigate to audio and then play around with those functions – you could set output to stereo/HDMI/Analog etc – see if that works
WildBill Wrote:
(Yesterday 02:22)Hamakawama Wrote:
(2012-07-05 05:13)Hamakawama Wrote: Hi,

Greetz Alex

Who your provider?
Dont have any At&t or Verizon in Germany... Got O²/Alice for phone, vodafone for mobile.... and for tv u dont even need a provider...
if your in germany you will not be able to get espn3 - you will need a dns service or a vpn

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - jefe - 2012-07-11

I don't know how to configure the ESPN add-on so that I can watch ESPN and ESPN2 in addition to ESPN3. I was able to watch ESPN3, but after putting in my log in information I get an error. I know the login info is correct as I can access ESPN on my Iphone. I assumed I just had to enable login information and it would work. My cable provider is Comcast. I don't know what extended network user, use custom user files or get new user files means or what needs to be highlighted.

Any help would be appreciated. If this was answered somewhere in the previous 129 pages I appologize. I didn't see how to set it up.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Dignam - 2012-07-11

I just get error script failed with this one. I have Comcast and have my login info in. I can view espn3 no problem on the web but not trough the xbmc plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - cablegoon - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-11, 05:24)jefe Wrote: I don't know how to configure the ESPN add-on so that I can watch ESPN and ESPN2 in addition to ESPN3. I was able to watch ESPN3, but after putting in my log in information I get an error. I know the login info is correct as I can access ESPN on my Iphone. I assumed I just had to enable login information and it would work. My cable provider is Comcast. I don't know what extended network user, use custom user files or get new user files means or what needs to be highlighted.

Any help would be appreciated. If this was answered somewhere in the previous 129 pages I appologize. I didn't see how to set it up.

post 571 used to be a way to make all three work - dont know if it still works but you can try - just go back a couple pages and update the with the new default.py and you should get espn 3

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - cmadooly - 2012-07-12

I have a paid subscription to ESPN via Time Warner Cable. ESPN works on my macs as well as my iPad. My XBMC system is on an Mac Mini and it works fine when I use Firefox or Safari to watch ESPN but stopped working through XBMC a few weeks ago. It just said ERROR when I tried to play something. When I selected the option to play in a browser, it would tell me that my ID is invalid even though it was typed correctly and worked when I manually launched the browser..

Here is what I did to fix it and it has to do with post #571 & #574 (mind you, I don't know what you need to do to fix it if you dont have a subscription or if your subscription is with anyone but Time Warner Cable. The following steps worked for me).

1- In FINDER, click on GO --> Go to folder. Then type ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC

2- Navigate to userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3

3- The two files we need to work on are: Cookies.lwp and userdata.xml.

4- Log into any computer and go to ESPN.com and watch ESPN on your computer. Once it is running successfully (meaning, ESPN has asked you for your provider and login/pw), click on this link: http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData
I use Chrome as my browser.

5- Copy the entire content of the link above (except for the heading 'This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.')
* Note two things from the link I pasted above. First- the Name tag (which says twc for me). Second- the swid field. You will need those 2 items for step 7

6- Rename (or delete) the userdata.xml file and paste the contents from step 5 into this file and save.

7- Open the cookies.lwp file (using textedit) and paste what I have below. Except, take the SWID you got from step 5 and enter it between the curly brackets. Also note that I put down 'twc' as the provider in 2 locations below (twc= Time Warner Cable). Then save cookies.lwp

#LWP-Cookies-2.0
Set-Cookie3: SWID={SWID GOES HERE}"; path="/"; domain=".go.com"; path_spec; domain_dot; expires="2031-10-28 03:56:20Z"; version=0
Set-Cookie3: espn360affiliate1=twc; path="/"; domain=".go.com"; path_spec; expires="2012-04-25 03:56:20Z"; version=0
Set-Cookie3: espnAffiliate=twc; path="/"; domain=".go.com"; path_spec; domain_dot; expires="2011-10-28 20:36:20Z"; version=0

8- Open XBMC and navigate to the ESPN add-on and go into settings.

9- Check off the following:
* Play in XBMC. (Disable to use Browser).
* Use Custom User Files (this allows the addon to use the files we edited above).
* Username (enter the username for your provider)
* Password (enter the password for your provider)
* Cable Provider (in my case it is Time Warner Cable).
* Channels ESPN/ESPN2/ESPN3

10- Click OK and watch ESPN.

The steps I used above worked for me. Hopefully it works for you too.