Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locoguano - 2013-01-26

In the addon, yes. Not in the browser.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - bharath23 - 2013-01-27

I was wondering if others are experiencing buffering issue with live broadcast. I am having constant buffering issues when trying a live stream but no such issues if I am playing replay. Any suggestions to work around this would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - HerrSonntag - 2013-01-28

So, i can watch replays but i can't get live sports to work, i always get an "ERROR" message when i click on one... also, can't get comcast authentication to work, is this expected?

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locoguano - 2013-01-31

Right now, yes. If you search through this thread, there seem to be a couple ideas for workarounds, but I can't them to work with Cox.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locoguano - 2013-02-01

Can someone who has this working give us a new step-by-step. Some of the info in this thread is outdated or contradictory.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - myXBMC - 2013-02-03

still works on Apple TV2 (second generation) since post #1

with Verizon FiOS and watching ICC Women’s World Cup 2013: India vs England Live

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - thestig - 2013-02-07

First off, adore the espn plugin and bluecop in general. It's what let me cut the cord about a year ago, and I've used the plugin far longer than that. It's amazing.

I'm trying to automate the updating of my swid, since I always end up having to dash around before a game starts to log into Verizon in a browser, then log into espn3 (also via browser), hit the /userData URL, and copy the XML to the plugins user data.XML in order to use it for ESPN/espn2 events.

So my idea is to write a script that will be called by cron once a day or so, which will get my new swid, so that whenever I go to play an event on espn/espn2, it will just work.

When I wget http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData (or http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/...format=xml ) it downloads the page, including the xml property showing my ipaddress, but the string where my swid should be is empty.

I've tried a modification to wget that lets you pass a header to mimic a real browser, but it made no difference for the missing swid.

I've tried to parse the default.py for the espn3 plugin, and can see that it's hitting various urls to get things like the swid, cookies, even login info for provider (verizon in my case), but I don't know enough python to either pull out the relevant code to pull out for my bash script, or to create a python script I can call from cron instead.

This may seem minor, but it would make my life so much easier, as nearly every time I want to use the plugin I have to run through all the steps above to get authenticated to ESPN. I've got my login info in the addon settings, but "get new user files" doesn't seem to work. Sometimes it will if I make my username or password intentionally incorrect, or change my provider to a false one, try to open an event (which fails of course), then return and enter my correct provider/login info.

I've got chromium installed, as well as firefox, if that would help in scripted creation and download of my auth files/cookies etc.

Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - WildBill - 2013-02-07

If you dont go to watchespn.com or espn3.com your swid will be empty

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - kedarva - 2013-02-10

Is anyone else having problems with this on Xbian 12.0 release candidate? I get a script error.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - SocratesJohnson - 2013-02-13

Could the problem with logging in with Comcast through the script be the fact that they have a captcha on their login page?

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - passat25 - 2013-02-16

(2013-01-28, 05:26)HerrSonntag Wrote: So, i can watch replays but i can't get live sports to work, i always get an "ERROR" message when i click on one... also, can't get comcast authentication to work, is this expected?

Having the same issue... Can watch the replays FINE but I get "ERROR" message when trying to watch live sports... Has anyone got a workaround to this issueHuh

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locoguano - 2013-02-18

I'd like to hear from BlueCop on this... any updates being made to deal with login issues or is this addon on the back burner?

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - BlueCop - 2013-02-19

locoguano: right now I am trying to move the code over to github. I hope this will make it easier to accept patches and changes. The SVN setup is now untenable. It doesn't work well where I am the authority that needs to add people to commit code. I hope the move will allow interested people to branch and submit pull requests for changes. I am currently unable to keep up with fixes needed site changes on these plugins. I put up them on github here. I am not sure if that is the best way to do it. I am still trying to figure out everything git offers. I want to separate the individual plug-in code but retain their commit history from SVN.

My time is limited currently because I have been trying to get a tech job. I don't really have any technical work experience. I have been learning a PHP framework to work at a place locally. Once I get in a groove then I hope to have more free time to work on fun stuff.

It really boils down to that I am unable to keep up with any changes currently.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locoguano - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-19, 01:01)BlueCop Wrote: locoguano: right now I am trying to move the code over to github. I hope this will make it easier to accept patches and changes. The SVN setup is now untenable. It doesn't work well where I am the authority that needs to add people to commit code. I hope the move will allow interested people to branch and submit pull requests for changes. I am currently unable to keep up with fixes needed site changes on these plugins. I put up them on github here. I am not sure if that is the best way to do it. I am still trying to figure out everything git offers. I want to separate the individual plug-in code but retain their commit history from SVN.

My time is limited currently because I have been trying to get a tech job. I don't really have any technical work experience. I have been learning a PHP framework to work at a place locally. Once I get in a groove then I hope to have more free time to work on fun stuff.

It really boils down to that I am unable to keep up with any changes currently.

Good luck!
And thanks for all of your work. I would never had made the move to XBMC if it had not been for your Amazon addon.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - passat25 - 2013-02-23

Thanks for all your work, bluecop... But your job is first... Hopefully it will get fixed in the near future... For now, the ESPN plugin is not working at all.