Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - WildBill - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-23, 05:21)passat25 Wrote: Thanks for all your work, bluecop... But your job is first... Hopefully it will get fixed in the near future... For now, the ESPN plugin is not working at all.
yes it is

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - passat25 - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-23, 17:10)WildBill Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 05:21)passat25 Wrote: Thanks for all your work, bluecop... But your job is first... Hopefully it will get fixed in the near future... For now, the ESPN plugin is not working at all.
yes it is

Mine is not working at all... I use Comcast and have my username and password on addon settings... I think I am using the latest version of the ESPN plugin which is 0.9.9 from Bluecop repository..

Anything I am doing wrongHuh

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - passat25 - 2013-02-23

Update:

After searching the thread for solutions... It actually works using the instructions on page 1 for script error! Laugh

Quote:Before entering the add on:

1- high light the plug in
2- enter the add on setting (it's "C" for me on my keyboard and select add on settings)
3- I have to make sure that the "use custom user files" is turned on. Without it turned on I get a script failure when try to enter the addon.

Once I have entered the addon and I can see the content:

1- enter the addon settings again WHILE I'm in the addon. ( it's "C" again for me)
2- I then have to turn OFF the "use custom user files" (yep the exact same one I have to turn on to before starting the add on)

I have been watching with zero issues doing this. However I do have the above process each time I want to use the add on.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locomot1f - 2013-02-24

over the past couple of days, I've been getting this error - http://pastebin.com/remmNDC2

seems to do with the replays. i can get into the Live stuff just fine. so I know the plugin works (kinda) -- just something funky going on with the date parameters.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - txmed - 2013-02-24

Gonna see if anyone can point out what I'm doing wrong here.

Windows 7
Time Warner Cable
Stable Frodo

Had this working fine on Eden. I had to paste my http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData into the add on's userdata file but afterwards seemed to work well. I did a completeyl clean install of XBMC with Frodo and so reinstalled the ESPN add on and now for the life of me I can't make it work. Watch ESPN works fine on the browser with all channels. Copied the userdata expecting success as previous. When that failed created the cookies.lwp as mentioned in post #571. When that failed I even went to my laptop, logged into my ESPN account which is connected for remote viewing of WatchESPN and pulled the userdata from there with a new SWID. Still haven't had any success.

I get two errors:

If I'm using the custom userdata then I get a script failure for every channel. If I get new files and turn off custom then on the broadcast channels I get just a generic error and on ESPN3 streams I continue to get the script failure.

Here's an XBMC log wherein I first try to start a stream with the non custom userdata and then go back and turn on custom and enable login within the plugin and try again. The custom userdata in this attempt is from my XBMC Windows box. Supposedly the same SWID that allows WatchESPN to work fine in the browser.

http://pastebin.com/FKarHFSG

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - MrNike - 2013-02-27

Hi,

i am having an error when i try to play any ESPN3 file:

Code:
23:14:27 T:5892  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:14:27 T:5892  NOTICE: Mode: 4
23:14:27 T:5892  NOTICE: URL: &partnerContentId=759190&eventId=176-94161&contentId=25621391
23:14:27 T:5892  NOTICE: Name: #6 Kansas vs. Iowa State
23:14:27 T:5892  NOTICE: Play Video
23:14:27 T:5892   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\MrNike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.espn3\default.py", line 592, in <module>
                                                PLAYESPN3(url)
                                              File "C:\Users\MrNike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.espn3\default.py", line 222, in PLAYESPN3
                                                PLAY(url,'n360')
                                              File "C:\Users\MrNike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.espn3\default.py", line 237, in PLAY
                                                affiliateid = soup('name')[0].string
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:14:28 T:6528   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.espn3/?url=%26partnerContentId%3D759190%26eventId%3D176-94161%26contentId%3D25621391&mode=4&name=%236+Kansas+vs.+Iowa+State]
23:14:28 T:4660  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Any idea whats the problem ?

Tried the solution in the first post but no change there.

Win 7, XBMC 12, ESPN 0.99 addon from bluecorp rep

EDIT: SOLVED Smile

I just changed the following lines 237-239 in default.py:

Code:
#affiliateid = soup('name')[0].string
#swid = soup('personalization')[0]['swid']
identityPointId = '' #affiliateid+':'+swid

Greetings,
MrNike

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locomot1f - 2013-03-01

nevermind with my issue.
fresh installed. and all is right with the world again.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - passat25 - 2013-03-01

Too bad it's not working for me anymore... Nothing wrong with plugin, I just downgraded my cable plan (financial reasons) and you got to have ESPN to get ESPN3 on your PC... It's blocked for me now...

At least, I got upgraded to Blast speed with Comcast for free!!!!!!!

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - WildBill - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 00:49)passat25 Wrote: Too bad it's not working for me anymore... Nothing wrong with plugin, I just downgraded my cable plan (financial reasons) and you got to have ESPN to get ESPN3 on your PC... It's blocked for me now...

If you have comcast internet you should be able to get only espn3

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - passat25 - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 01:36)WildBill Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 00:49)passat25 Wrote: Too bad it's not working for me anymore... Nothing wrong with plugin, I just downgraded my cable plan (financial reasons) and you got to have ESPN to get ESPN3 on your PC... It's blocked for me now...

I thought so... I might be wrong but I was "blocked" when I tried to watch games live on ESPN3.com... It stated the following:

Requirements:

XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND)
The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service

It truly s*cks because I don't know what reason they chose to do block it for non ESPN cable subscribers but they gave me digital economy + Blast speed internet for $49.99 for 12 months... It also includes HBO free for 6 months... I will be able to watch Game of Thrones on TV... Not bad..

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - DynomiteKid - 2013-03-08

Hey guys. I've read just about this whole thread and I'm pulling my hair our. I've had this plugin working for months but upgraded my Apple TV and now I'm having a hell of a problem. Every time I try to play a video I get a script error. Here's the end of my log, notice it doesnt show an error except for skipping the video file:

Code:
14:45:24 T:804524032  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:45:26 T:804524032  NOTICE: Mode: 6
14:45:26 T:804524032  NOTICE: URL: &partnerContentId=857714&eventId=&contentId=
14:45:26 T:804524032  NOTICE: Name: Pardon The Interruption
14:45:26 T:42672128   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.espn3/?url=%26partnerContentId%3D857714%26eventId%3D%26contentId%3D&mode=6&name=Pardon+The+Interruption]

I am using the modified userdata.xml and that's the only I get. Anyone want to shed some light? No ESPN or ESPN3 videos will play yet I can watch all of them loggin into the website. Thank you!

EDIT: I just want to add that this is all that's recorded when I try to play a video. The previous lines are the same thing repeatedly.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - Zero3ffect - 2013-03-12

Nevermind.. I'm an idiot!

[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - karmaj - 2013-03-14

Interesting!!!!!!!

(2013-03-14, 20:09)karmaj Wrote:

Interesting!!!!!!! Too bad it isn't working for you anymore.

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - hunterx - 2013-03-27

I can't watch any video. I am able to get into the add on by enabling the user custom file option, and have tried watching with the option of and on. The link below is a log of me accessing the add-on and trying to watch ESPN. My credentials are configured already. Around 1050 is where I finally get into the add-on and attempt to watch.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7262

RE: [RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon - locoguano - 2013-03-28

Anyone having any luck with Cox Cable and ESPN1, 2, and U?