Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- brightsr - 2011-05-12

@Goga777

I think you didn't select location for Accu, according to your log file.
Please select location by using "Change Location" in Addon's settings > Provider.

And if you're using Confluence skin, please change $INFO[Weather.Location] into $INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Location)] in "addons\skin.confluence\720p\weather.com plus\WeatherPluginView.xml".

- brightsr - 2011-05-12

TugboatBill Wrote:hmmm. Strange, my time was correct on the current conditions tab, but on weekend it's off by an hour.....

Fri : 6:01 AM
Sat : 6:00 AM
Sun : 5:59 AM

the times above are shown on both of XBMC and Weather.com now.
Are they different from your times?

- TugboatBill - 2011-05-12

brightsr Wrote:Fri : 6:01 AM

I'll check when I'm back home (tonight).

- fional - 2011-05-13

I know how to set the alternative provider, and then I choose the cities I want - but I can't figure out how to display them. It still seems to only display the cities chosen outside of the alternative provider. I'm running the Nox skin.

I've tried every way I can think of, but I just can't get the alternative provider weather to show.

Sadly, even not using the accuweather, Dublin, Ireland doesn't have a video Sad aww Smile

- brightsr - 2011-05-13

fional Wrote:I know how to set the alternative provider, and then I choose the cities I want - but I can't figure out how to display them. It still seems to only display the cities chosen outside of the alternative provider. I'm running the Nox skin.

I've tried every way I can think of, but I just can't get the alternative provider weather to show.

Sadly, even not using the accuweather, Dublin, Ireland doesn't have a video Sad aww Smile

First, Thanks for using this addon. Laugh
I didn't test it on Nox skin, but current condition from Accu is usually uppercase.
So if you see "Clear", it's from Weather.com, if you see "CLEAR", it's from Accu.

And if you have a problem with showing location name correctly, it may be skin's issue. if you have, I'll tell the skinner about that.

About the video issue, I'll try fix it.

ps. I'll be happy if you can post your log.

EDIT : I tested Nox skin. It showed weather info from accuweather.com correctly except for location name. I post on the skin's thread, so I expect update for that.

EDIT2 : Currently, I manually add european areacode for fetching video, and I missed Ireland. But I'm not at home, I'll upload tonight.

- brightsr - 2011-05-13

Tiny Clanger Wrote:Does this work with nightlies? I'm running XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:201104270cdbe3c6 and there are no weather plugins showing when I attempt to install from the googlecode.xbmc-addons repository.

ISTR that XBMC now checks version compatibility, so it could be that, but it's more likely to be something daft I've done.

Is there a .zip of the plugin that I can just install using Install From Zip File? I only want to try it out now that I'm using a compatible skin, but it's turning out to be hassle upon hassle Sad

I develop and test this addon on only stable version.
I'll upload zip file tonight, so please test it. but I'm not sure it'll work properly.

- fional - 2011-05-13

brightsr Wrote:First, Thanks for using this addon. Laugh
I didn't test it on Nox skin, but current condition from Accu is usually uppercase.
So if you see "Clear", it's from Weather.com, if you see "CLEAR", it's from Accu.

And if you have a problem with showing location name correctly, it may be skin's issue. if you have, I'll tell the skinner about that.

About the video issue, I'll try fix it.

ps. I'll be happy if you can post your log.

EDIT : I tested Nox skin. It showed weather info from accuweather.com correctly except for location name. I post on the skin's thread, so I expect update for that.

EDIT2 : Currently, I manually add european areacode for fetching video, and I missed Ireland. But I'm not at home, I'll upload tonight.

You are very good, thank you for that!!

I think this add-on is brilliant. When I'm showing off XBMC to friends and family, the add-on is the first thing I go to! With animated icons and fan-art weather, it is absolutely gorgeous Smile

Do you still need a log, or should I assume you have it sorted? (sorry, in library studying or exams!)

- brightsr - 2011-05-14

[Update] v.2.0.1

- European forecast video available for Ireland area code (EIXXXXXX)

- brightsr - 2011-05-14

Tiny Clanger Wrote:Does this work with nightlies? I'm running XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:201104270cdbe3c6 and there are no weather plugins showing when I attempt to install from the googlecode.xbmc-addons repository.

ISTR that XBMC now checks version compatibility, so it could be that, but it's more likely to be something daft I've done.

Is there a .zip of the plugin that I can just install using Install From Zip File? I only want to try it out now that I'm using a compatible skin, but it's turning out to be hassle upon hassle Sad

Here's the zip file. http://www.mediafire.com/?479k39b9l20laqr
Please don't use the provider "NOAA", or error will occur.

- TugboatBill - 2011-05-14

brightsr Wrote:Fri : 6:01 AM

For SJ, CA as of this post time (Saturday):
Current: Sunrise: 7:00AM Sunset: 9:09PM
36 Hour: Same
Weekend: Sunrise: 6:00AM Sunset: 8:09PM

- brightsr - 2011-05-14

TugboatBill Wrote:For SJ, CA as of this post time (Saturday):
Current: Sunrise: 7:00AM Sunset: 9:09PM
36 Hour: Same
Weekend: Sunrise: 6:00AM Sunset: 8:09PM

please post your log.

- fional - 2011-05-15

brightsr Wrote:[Update] v.2.0.1

- European forecast video available for Ireland area code (EIXXXXXX)

Yay Thanks! Smile

- pmarder - 2011-05-15

I was able to get this working on Confluence on my ATV2 but for some reason after overwriting the skin files through SSHing, the font size of the horizontal home screen (movies, videos, programming, weather. etc.) has shrunk. If I use the vertical menu the font is the normal size. Any ideas?

- ronie - 2011-05-16

pmarder Wrote:I was able to get this working on Confluence on my ATV2 but for some reason after overwriting the skin files through SSHing, the font size of the horizontal home screen (movies, videos, programming, weather. etc.) has shrunk. If I use the vertical menu the font is the normal size. Any ideas?

the Confluence mod is not completely compatible with the version of Confluence included in xbmc dharma for atv2.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=735881#post735881

- pmarder - 2011-05-16

ronie Wrote:the Confluence mod is not completely compatible with the version of Confluence included in xbmc dharma for atv2.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=735881#post735881

Thanks ronie. That explains it. I guess I can live with it the way it is. However, is there any way to uninstall/reinstall the confluence skin without reinstalling XBMC? Thanks.