Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- Rygrath - 2011-07-20

Thanks brightsr! Dunno what magics you did behind the scenes there, but it worked perfectly.

- Rygrath - 2011-07-21

Seems the magics have worn off Sad Been getting script failed errors again after I closed XBMC and restarted it. No matter what I've tried it still errors out. Last attempt I installed a fresh clean instance of the latest nightly (7/20/11). Nothing else installed using Confluence and this is what comes up in the log on trying to fetch the information.

Code:
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068856832   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068856832   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068586496   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 41, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 99, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_36_forecast()
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 370, in _fetch_36_forecast
                                                alerts, alertsrss, alertsnotify, alertscolor, alertscount, forecasts, extras, video, video_local = self.WeatherClient.fetch_36_forecast( self.WEATHER_WINDOW.getProperty( "Video" ) )
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 1960, in fetch_36_forecast
                                                video, video_local = self._create_video( parser.video_location, parser.video_local_location, parser.video_local_number, video )
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 2106, in _create_video
                                                local_url = self.BASE_VIDEO_URL % ( local_location[0].replace(" ", "").lower(), )
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

Full log here: http://pastebin.com/dcnEiLCu

Thanks again

- barcoboy - 2011-07-21

brightsr Wrote:[UPDATED] v.2.2.1

- Fixed : Sunrise Time Bug of Weather.com 36 Hour Forecast
Running 2.2.3 and my system is still showing the sunrise time an hour earlier than the other views.

- brightsr - 2011-07-21

Rygrath Wrote:Seems the magics have worn off Sad Been getting script failed errors again after I closed XBMC and restarted it. No matter what I've tried it still errors out. Last attempt I installed a fresh clean instance of the latest nightly (7/20/11). Nothing else installed using Confluence and this is what comes up in the log on trying to fetch the information.

Code:
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068856832   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068856832   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068586496   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 41, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 99, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_36_forecast()
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 370, in _fetch_36_forecast
                                                alerts, alertsrss, alertsnotify, alertscolor, alertscount, forecasts, extras, video, video_local = self.WeatherClient.fetch_36_forecast( self.WEATHER_WINDOW.getProperty( "Video" ) )
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 1960, in fetch_36_forecast
                                                video, video_local = self._create_video( parser.video_location, parser.video_local_location, parser.video_local_number, video )
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 2106, in _create_video
                                                local_url = self.BASE_VIDEO_URL % ( local_location[0].replace(" ", "").lower(), )
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

Full log here: http://pastebin.com/dcnEiLCu

Thanks again

When I tested your location (93535) in the early morning, weather.com didn't work properly, which made a script error.
As for now (EST 11:00 AM), It's working perfectly on your location.

- brightsr - 2011-07-21

barcoboy Wrote:Running 2.2.3 and my system is still showing the sunrise time an hour earlier than the other views.

[UPDATED] v.2.2.4

- Fixed : Sunrise and Sunset Time Bug of Weather.com

- moosev - 2011-07-21

When switching to Dutch language, the 10 day forecast gives N/A. Switching back to English, everything is OK. Did I miss a file somewhere? Or is it the Confluence skin, when setting to Dutch I can't select 'Region' anymore in the settings?

- brightsr - 2011-07-21

moosev Wrote:When switching to Dutch language, the 10 day forecast gives N/A. Switching back to English, everything is OK. Did I miss a file somewhere? Or is it the Confluence skin, when setting to Dutch I can't select 'Region' anymore in the settings?

Do you mean Accuweather.com language or xbmc's language?
And please let me review your log file.

- moosev - 2011-07-21

brightsr Wrote:Do you mean Accuweather.com language or xbmc's language?
And please let me review your log file.

It's Xbmc's language.

- brightsr - 2011-07-21

moosev Wrote:It's Xbmc's language.

Can you post your log?

- moosev - 2011-07-21

brightsr Wrote:Can you post your log?

I think it is the babelfish translation what's causing the N/A 's.
(turnig off this feature shows the english text)

(still working on how to post the log files)

- brightsr - 2011-07-21

moosev Wrote:I think it is the babelfish translation what's causing the N/A 's.
(turnig off this feature shows the english text)

(still working on how to post the log files)

Oh, yes. I tested other langauges, Babelfish is causing the problem. I'll try to fix it.

Anyway, your log file always help me to find a problem.

- brightsr - 2011-07-21

[UPDATED] v.2.2.5

- Fixed : Babelfish Translation Bug of 10 Day Forecast

- moosev - 2011-07-21

brightsr Wrote:[UPDATED] v.2.2.5

- Fixed : Babelfish Translation Bug of 10 Day Forecast

Super! That was really fast! Thanks.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-07-21

how does my location need to be set up if I want to use NOAA as my provider?

- Rygrath - 2011-07-21

brightsr Wrote:When I tested your location (93535) in the early morning, weather.com didn't work properly, which made a script error.
As for now (EST 11:00 AM), It's working perfectly on your location.

Man, Weather.com is biased against us High Desert people Sad

In seriousness though, I just spent the last 20minutes trying out different cities in the US. Almost every one of them caused a script failed error except New York and Arlington West Virginia. Denver, Dallas, Orlando, Los Angeles, Knoxville, etc caused script errors.

Then I tried outside the US and all of them worked just fine, from London, Hong Kong, Sydney, Calgary, etc. I'd post a log, but it's generally the same error messages that I posted before.

I'll keep messing with it, but thought I'd share what I've run into.