Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- brightsr - 2011-09-20

Beta Version Download : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.3.2.b.zip
BETA (UPDATED : 09-20-2011)
- Forecast Videos Added(*):
U.S : All forecast videos from Weather.com, *ABC, *CBS, *FOX, *NBC
Korea : *KBS, *OBS, *Kweather
Japan : *NHK
China : *CCTV
U.K : Short and Long range forecast (SKY News), *BBC
France : *TF1, *France 2, Europe forecast (SKY News)

* More FOX, NBC stations will be added.

- brightsr - 2011-09-21

Beta Version Download : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.3.2.b.zip
BETA (UPDATED : 09-21-2011)

If you have a forecast video that you want to watch on this addon, please let me know and try to add that, particularly outside US.

ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC have too many stations to check, so I added only owned stations and some big affiliate stations.

* If your skin doesn't allow you to browse up to 3 videos, you can watch video #1 only.

* Welcome any test, bug report or suggestion.

- PatK - 2011-09-21

Picked up the beta and works fine with my Dharma 10.1 set-up thanks brightsr

- ady199 - 2011-09-22

brightsr Wrote: Beta Version Download : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.3.2.b.zip
BETA (UPDATED : 09-21-2011)

If you have a forecast video that you want to watch on this addon, please let me know and try to add that, particularly outside US.

ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC have too many stations to check, so I added only owned stations and some big affiliate stations.

* If your skin doesn't allow you to browse up to 3 videos, you can watch video #1 only.

Many Thanks for the new version - now works great in the Cirrus Extended V2 Skin (previous versions always made the ATV 2 crash)

- brightsr - 2011-09-23

BETA (UPDATED : 09-23-2011)

- Improved : Maps(from Weather.com) and Videos are available with alternative providers.
- Fixed : [Accuweather.com] Unicode Error (e.g., île-de-france, rhône alpe.)
- Fixed : Misc. bugs

* If you have a forecast video that you want to watch on this addon, please let me know and try to add that, particularly outside US.

* ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC have too many stations to check, so I added only owned stations and some big affiliate stations.

* If no issues until next Friday, I'll release this as v.2.3.2 through the repo.

[POLL] The Best Provider For You - brightsr - 2011-09-23

Click : Which weather provider is the best for you?

Thanks for your vote.

- brightsr - 2011-09-29

Beta Version Download : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.3.2.b.0929.zip
BETA (UPDATED : 09-29-2011)

- Improved : Maps(from Weather.com) and Videos are available with alternative providers.
- Improved : [NOAA] Current Weather Icon and 7th day forecast available (NOAA)

* If you have a forecast video that you want to watch on this addon, please let me know and try to add that, particularly outside US.

* ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC have too many stations to check, so I added only owned stations and some big affiliate stations.

* If no issues until tomorrow night, I'll release this as v.2.3.2 through the repo.

- sirmeili - 2011-10-01

I keep getting "Invalid Area Code" and this shows up in my logs:

23:27:16 T:812 M:1094438912 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Alternative Provider Selected : Accuweather.com Global (en-us/us/fl/sebring)
23:27:16 T:812 M:1094438912 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] ERROR : Invalid Code ( When you change a provider, you should re-select a location )

No matter what I do, even resetting my location, I get this error.

I have tried changing the provider from Accuweather to NOAA and resetting the location
I've changed it back to accuweather and changed the location again

All of these give me the same error.

The following removes the error, but I don't get the alternate provider:
I've disabled alternate provider and reset the main zip code for my area

My Zipcode is 33870.

I did not notice this with v.2.3.1

I also set video #1 to ABC9 (orlando) and it doesn't play that video. It skips to Video #3. In the settings file there is no URL for that setting it is blank. I tried another city and after restarting XBMC it worked. Reset to ABC9 (Orlando) and restarted XBMC and it still skips to Video #3

- brightsr - 2011-10-01

sirmeili Wrote:I keep getting "Invalid Area Code" and this shows up in my logs:

23:27:16 T:812 M:1094438912 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Alternative Provider Selected : Accuweather.com Global (en-us/us/fl/sebring)
23:27:16 T:812 M:1094438912 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] ERROR : Invalid Code ( When you change a provider, you should re-select a location )

No matter what I do, even resetting my location, I get this error.

I have tried changing the provider from Accuweather to NOAA and resetting the location
I've changed it back to accuweather and changed the location again

All of these give me the same error.

The following removes the error, but I don't get the alternate provider:
I've disabled alternate provider and reset the main zip code for my area

My Zipcode is 33870.

I did not notice this with v.2.3.1

I also set video #1 to ABC9 (orlando) and it doesn't play that video. It skips to Video #3. In the settings file there is no URL for that setting it is blank. I tried another city and after restarting XBMC it worked. Reset to ABC9 (Orlando) and restarted XBMC and it still skips to Video #3

Thanks for letting me know about it.
I made a mistake of not renewing an important python file in the zip file.
Unfortunately, I have that file in the other computer. (Not Home Blush) I'll re-upload as soon as possible.

Regarding ABC9 (orlando), It seems that they have changed their streaming method. I'll try to fix it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re-uploaded : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.3.2.b.1001.zip
(only accuweather.com fixed, ABC9 will be fixed at next update.)

- brightsr - 2011-10-03

Beta Version Download : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.3.2.b.1003.zip
BETA (UPDATED : 10-03-2011)

- Improved : [NOAA] Current Weather Icon and 7th day forecast available (NOAA)
- Fixed : [NOAA] Extended Forecast Temperatures (NEW)
- Fixed : ABC 9 (Orlando, FL) (NEW)

- scb147 - 2011-10-04

I'm using 2.3.1, and I am getting the following error in my logs when the weather attempts to refresh:

Code:
10:52:54 T:1408 M:896278528   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.IndexError
10:52:54 T:1408 M:896278528   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
10:52:54 T:1408 M:896032768   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 41, in ?
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 83, in __init__
                                                self._accu_hourly_forecast()
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 566, in _accu_hourly_forecast
                                                forecasts = self.WeatherClient.accu_fetch_hourly_forecast()
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 2277, in accu_fetch_hourly_forecast
                                                htmlSource = self._fetch_data( self.BASE_ACCU_FORECAST_URL % ( self.code, "hourly"+date[1] ), 1 )
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

- brightsr - 2011-10-04

scb147 Wrote:I'm using 2.3.1, and I am getting the following error in my logs when the weather attempts to refresh:

Code:
10:52:54 T:1408 M:896278528   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.IndexError
10:52:54 T:1408 M:896278528   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
10:52:54 T:1408 M:896032768   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 41, in ?
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 83, in __init__
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 566, in _accu_hourly_forecast
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 2277, in accu_fetch_hourly_forecast
                                                htmlSource = self._fetch_data( self.BASE_ACCU_FORECAST_URL % ( self.code, "hourly"+date[1] ), 1 )
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Can you post your whole xbmc.log or logs starting with "[Weather Plus]"?

- brightsr - 2011-10-04

@ Those who voted "others" :

Thanks for your vote.
What provider do you mean by "others"?

- scb147 - 2011-10-05

brightsr Wrote:Can you post your whole xbmc.log or logs starting with "[Weather Plus]"?

Here ya go, not much different:
Code:
19:37:23 T:792 M:935514112  NOTICE: [PLUGIN] 'Weather Plus: Version - 2.3.1-r' initialized!
19:37:23 T:792 M:935510016  NOTICE:      ** Found XBMC Revision: r0 [Unknown] **
19:37:23 T:792 M:933023744  NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Alternative Provider Selected : Accuweather.com Global (en-us/us/pa/greenville)
19:37:23 T:792 M:932651008   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.IndexError
19:37:23 T:792 M:932651008   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
19:37:23 T:792 M:932130816   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                Main()

- brightsr - 2011-10-05

@ scb147:

I figured out the reason is that there are many "Greenville, PA" in the DB of accuweather.com. So in your case, the solution is to use the latest beta version and select Greenville coming up first on the list.