Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- scb147 - 2011-10-05

brightsr Wrote:@ scb147:

I figured out the reason is that there are many "Greenville, PA" in the DB of accuweather.com. So in your case, the solution is to use the latest beta version and select Greenville coming up first on the list.
OK, I thought maybe it would use the zip code to lookup the info instead of doing a straight text lookup. I'll install the beta and check it out.
Thanks!

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-06

Hey guys,

I'm getting N/A on my days of the week, yet I'm getting weather? Wind etc is N/A too.. But temp, weather, and condition are all ok?

Basically I'm missing day/pressure/wind...

Is this a known issue for others too.

No errors from the script, but missing data.

Have tried refreshing location, entering new random uk locations nd the same issue persists.

Cheers,

- Viltran - 2011-10-06

scb147 Wrote:Here ya go, not much different:
Code:
19:37:23 T:792 M:935514112  NOTICE: [PLUGIN] 'Weather Plus: Version - 2.3.1-r' initialized!
19:37:23 T:792 M:935510016  NOTICE:      ** Found XBMC Revision: r0 [Unknown] **
19:37:23 T:792 M:933023744  NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Alternative Provider Selected : Accuweather.com Global (en-us/us/pa/greenville)
19:37:23 T:792 M:932651008   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.IndexError
19:37:23 T:792 M:932651008   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
19:37:23 T:792 M:932130816   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 41, in ?
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 83, in __init__
                                                self._accu_hourly_forecast()
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 566, in _accu_hourly_forecast
                                                forecasts = self.WeatherClient.accu_fetch_hourly_forecast()
                                              File "C:\Users\MEDIA\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 2277, in accu_fetch_hourly_forecast
                                                htmlSource = self._fetch_data( self.BASE_ACCU_FORECAST_URL % ( self.code, "hourly"+date[1] ), 1 )
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

You actually Live in Greenville PA ?
Do they have internet up there yet? LOL
I was raised there and visit every year
small world

- brightsr - 2011-10-06

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey guys,

I'm getting N/A on my days of the week, yet I'm getting weather? Wind etc is N/A too.. But temp, weather, and condition are all ok?

Basically I'm missing day/pressure/wind...

Is this a known issue for others too.

No errors from the script, but missing data.

Have tried refreshing location, entering new random uk locations nd the same issue persists.

Cheers,

Please post your log.

- Burke - 2011-10-09

Hi my weather plus stopped working as well (some two-tree weeks ago). I tried with beta, and different settings today, but still the same. Here is my log.

- brightsr - 2011-10-10

Burke Wrote:Hi my weather plus stopped working as well (some two-tree weeks ago). I tried with beta, and different settings today, but still the same. Here is my log.

I reviewed your log.
I can fix it simply, so there will be no script errors like yours.
But it seems that there are some errors of internet connection.
So, I think, you may not be able to see maps after I fix the code.

- Burke - 2011-10-10

Thanks man. Smile
That is OK with me.

Two questions though...

1. Is it possible then to have weather icon (or picture of weather funart) or something like that (only if it is easy thing to do)?
2. describable does not support English to Croatian translation is it possible to integrate Google translate in the add-on (and again only if it is easy thing to do).

- brightsr - 2011-10-11

Burke Wrote:1. Is it possible then to have weather icon (or picture of weather funart) or something like that (only if it is easy thing to do)?

I ever saw something about downloading weather icons or fanarts.
I think you can search this forum.
And regarding where to put those, please ask at a thread of the skin you use.

Quote:2. describable does not support English to Croatian translation is it possible to integrate Google translate in the add-on (and again only if it is easy thing to do).

If you use Weather.com, you can toggle on Babelfish translation option at addon's settings. It'll translate texts into the language set at XBMC's settings.

Anyway, I will think of Google Translate.

- Ukranian20 - 2011-10-13

I keep installing the repo but it still wont work. I changed it from weather channel to weather plus in the addon settings and no dice. Does anyone have any idea why it wont work for me? Sorry if i sound like a noob!Blush

- dallasnights - 2011-10-14

Disregard I fixed it, unistalled beta and put the old one back

Thanks all

- Drazzilb - 2011-10-19

Is there a way to install the map pack manually? Every time I try to install it via the install option in XBMC it asks me where to install the files. All it gives me options for is my Optical drive. Is this a known bug or am I different. I'm running the nightly Build for Eden with Aeon MQ3 for the skin. I've switched to confluance to try to see if the skin is the issue but gives me the same option to either get the file or to install the files I'm not sure which.

Thanks.

EDIT: I figured it out. Must be a bug with the beta build. I installed Version 2.3.1 and works fine. Thanks

- Burke - 2011-10-21

brightsr Wrote:I ever saw something about downloading weather icons or fanarts.
I think you can search this forum.
And regarding where to put those, please ask at a thread of the skin you use.

If you use Weather.com, you can toggle on Babelfish translation option at addon's settings. It'll translate texts into the language set at XBMC's settings.

Anyway, I will think of Google Translate.

I was away for a few days - so sorry for my late replay. Blush

What I wanted to ask you would it be possible to have icons instead of maps - if maps are not available for some countries or regions. The reason why I asked you abut Google translate (or some other) is because bablefish does not support Croatian.

I dont know if this can help you solve this... when I used to type "zagreb" in providers section I would get result - but now I get script error - but when I go to accuweather web and input "zagreb" in search I get result. Huh - Someone was playing with my XBMC and massed up my PROXY setting - sorry for the truble Blush - going to lock all setting from now on. That only leaves bablefish question.

- eriksmith200 - 2011-10-23

How can I install the weather plus map pack? After I choose whether I want the small or large pack I am prompted to browse for an install path. I have no idea where or what to browse to.

- Burke - 2011-10-23

have not downloaded it my self, but I gues this is what you need

- brightsr - 2011-10-25

Drazzilb Wrote:EDIT: I figured it out. Must be a bug with the beta build. I installed Version 2.3.1 and works fine. Thanks

I'll check it out. Thanks!