Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- Drazzilb - 2011-11-18

I have the exact same issue. I tried installing it via the "Install from zip file" Option w/in xbmc and even manually installing it and nothing. Anybody with ideas or fixes or is this an XBMC issue?

- giftie - 2011-11-18

There have been some changes made in XBMC that affect weather in general(removing it completely from the core of XBMC) and this addon... and as brightsr stated in message 553(wow, 3 messages back) he is working on the Pre Eden version.. The draw backs of wanting Bleeding Edge.. Things break and change.. Give him some time..

- hentai23 - 2011-11-18

this doesnt work no more with the latest eden nightly we have to wait for an update to the plus addon -.-' and yes the others are very inferior -.-'

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

[UPDATE] v.2.5.0
- Fixed : Compatible with pre-eden
- Fixed : [Accuweather.com] Webpage loading failure issue ( might not be completely fixed )
- Fixed : Minor bugs
- Improved : pre-eden's infolabel "WeatherProvider" supported
- Improved : US zip code search available ( except for Accuweather.com )
* Note for Dharma Users : Please ignore locations in xbmc's weather settings.

* zip file download : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.5.0.zip

- olympia - 2011-11-19

Is there any reason why you are not requesting this to be included in the official repo?

- macf1an - 2011-11-19

Just got 2.5.0 and unless you manually go with the location selector on every one of the three options in settings - you get "location not selected" message.
Why doesn't it get the proper locations from the global area codes as before?

And the top-of-the-screen temperature indicator from confluence is still gone..

- m4x1m - 2011-11-19

macf1an Wrote:Just got 2.5.0 and unless you manually go with the location selector on every one of the three options in settings - you get "location not selected" message.

Same here.

Pre-Eden PVR version doesn't have a git number. Git number is UNKNOWN and this break the script.

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

olympia Wrote:Is there any reason why you are not requesting this to be included in the official repo?

I'll do when pre-eden issue is gone.

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

macf1an Wrote:Just got 2.5.0 and unless you manually go with the location selector on every one of the three options in settings - you get "location not selected" message.

You prefer to the past way. I was thinking all options and area codes should be in the addon's settings as the built-in weather api has been gone. But if users don't like it and want to go back, I'll make a version for Dharma only.

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

m4x1m Wrote:Same here.

Pre-Eden PVR version doesn't have a git number. Git number is UNKNOWN and this break the script.

Oh, I didn't consider PVR version.
Is the build version like "PRE-11.0 Git:UNKNOWN"?

- BigNoid - 2011-11-19

Just reporting in that 2.5 works flawlessly for me on eden-pre.
Only one very very very minor thing: current condition capitalizes also the first letter in the second word. I know accuweather provides this in all capitals so there must be some conversion in the script to lowercase.

- m4x1m - 2011-11-19

brightsr Wrote:Oh, I didn't consider PVR version.
Is the build version like "PRE-11.0 Git:UNKNOWN"?

unfortunately yes!

I bypassed the check, and I get the "location not selected" message, but latest PVR build is compiled on November 12, I think I'll have to wait a new build to have weather work correctly.

- olympia - 2011-11-19

brightsr Wrote:I'll do when pre-eden issue is gone.

I don't think there is a pre-eden issue... It work flawless for me on pre-eden and others reported this as well above. The rest is user error.

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

Big_Noid Wrote:Only one very very very minor thing: current condition capitalizes also the first letter in the second word. I know accuweather provides this in all capitals so there must be some conversion in the script to lowercase.

hmm.. strange.. I already made it to convert current condition to titlecase. (only the first letter is uppercase)

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

olympia Wrote:I don't think there is a pre-eden issue... It work flawless for me on pre-eden and others reported this as well above. The rest is user error.

I'd like to see if there's no issue until tonight, and then I'll request.