Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- Martijn - 2011-11-19

brightsr Wrote:I'd like to see if there's no issue until tonight, and then I'll request.

No problems for me using todays windows build and W+ 2.5

- BigNoid - 2011-11-19

brightsr Wrote:hmm.. strange.. I already made it to convert current condition to titlecase. (only the first letter is uppercase)

it converts to titlecase okay and that's okay for the first word, but looks odd with the second word because the rest of the days conditions don't do this.
ie Mostly Sunny for today and Mostly sunny for tomorrow.
As I said...very minor issue and if it can't be fixed that's no real issue.

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

m4x1m Wrote:unfortunately yes!

I bypassed the check, and I get the "location not selected" message, but latest PVR build is compiled on November 12, I think I'll have to wait a new build to have weather work correctly.

"location not selected" means just "you didn't select a location at the addon's settings. Because setting id of area code has been changed, you need to re-select a location. When a new build comes out, I'll make it work on that without code modification.

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

Big_Noid Wrote:it converts to titlecase okay and that's okay for the first word, but looks odd with the second word because the rest of the days conditions don't do this.
ie Mostly Sunny for today and Mostly sunny for tomorrow.
As I said...very minor issue and if it can't be fixed that's no real issue.

Ah, I considered only the CURRENT CONDITION, not other days' conditions. Fixing it is so simple thanks to "str.title()". I'll fix it at next update release.

- PatK - 2011-11-19

The fix is in.. thank you. Pre-Eden T! Win7/64

No problems for me using todays build and W+ 2.5

- macf1an - 2011-11-19

brightsr Wrote:You prefer to the past way. I was thinking all options and area codes should be in the addon's settings as the built-in weather api has been gone. But if users don't like it and want to go back, I'll make a version for Dharma only.

I'm using 10.0-9 which is the last stable eden-pre - not dharma.

Why don't you just check if the guisettings has the area codes set (dharma and all nightlies before the weather api change) and get that info from there?

- brightsr - 2011-11-19

macf1an Wrote:I'm using 10.0-9 which is the last stable eden-pre - not dharma.

Why don't you just check if the guisettings has the area codes set (dharma and all nightlies before the weather api change) and get that info from there?

Okay, I'm going to make it.

- dnairb - 2011-11-19

The addon has updated to version 2.5.0, and now all is broken (XBMCLive, Dharma 10.1)

From the log, the following is reported:

Code:
ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ValueError
ERROR: Error Contents: invalid literal for int():
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/brian/.xbmc/addons/weather.weatherplus/default.py", line 40, in ?
__ver__ = _check_compatible()
File "/home/brian/.xbmc/addons/weather.weatherplus/default.py", line 30, in _check_compatible
ok = (0, 1)[ xbmc_build.startswith("PRE-11") ] * ( ( int( " ".join( re.findall("Git[:]([0-9]+)", xbmc_build) ) ) >= 20111116 ) + 1 )
ValueError: invalid literal for int():

- hentai23 - 2011-11-20

olympia Wrote:Is there any reason why you are not requesting this to be included in the official repo?

Laugh he has a point this is THE best weather addon hands down and thus an official repo contender Nod

- brightsr - 2011-11-20

[UPDATE] v.2.5.1
- Changed : Compatibilty Check Method ( Checking Version -> Checking Arguments passed to addon )
- Changed : [Builds Before Weather API Change] Using Area Codes Set at Global Weather Settings for Weather.com
- Fixed : [Accuweather.com] Loop Bug
- Improved : [Accuweather.com] Outlooks in title case

* Moving to official repo : I've sent pull request to official repo of dharma and eden-pre. I hope it will be visible soon.

* zip file download : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.5.1.zip

For old build user - brightsr - 2011-11-20

As built-in weather doesn't work anymore, if you're not using the latest nightly build, 'Weather.IsFetched' is always FALSE regardless weather is fetched by a weather addon. That's why there's no weather icon and temperature on home screen. So you can make them visible by removal of 'Weather.IsFetched' from your skin's xml. If you'd like them to be displayed only after current weather is fetched successfully, you can put '!IsEmpty(Window(Weather).Property(36Hour.IsFetched))' instead of that. ( current weather is fetched during fetching 36 hour forecast information. )

- rflores2323 - 2011-11-20

brightsr Wrote:[UPDATE] v.2.5.1
- Changed : Compatibilty Check Method ( Checking Version -> Checking Arguments passed to addon )
- Changed : [Builds Before Weather API Change] Using Area Codes Set at Global Weather Settings for Weather.com

* Moving to official repo : I've sent pull request to official repo of dharma and eden-pre. I hope it will be visible soon.

* zip file download : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_2.5.1.zip

Big Grin

- dnairb - 2011-11-20

brightsr Wrote:[UPDATE] v.2.5.1

Works now. Thank you.

brightsr Wrote:As built-in weather doesn't work anymore, if you're not using the latest nightly build, 'Weather.IsFetched' is always FALSE regardless weather is fetched by a weather addon. That's why there's no weather icon and temperature on home screen. So you can make them visible by removal of 'Weather.IsFetched' from your skin's xml. If you'd like them to be displayed only after current weather is fetched successfully, you can put '!IsEmpty(Window(Weather).Property(36Hour.IsFetched))' instead of that. ( current weather is fetched during fetching 36 hour forecast information. )

This works too.

Many thanks brightsr

- Martijn - 2011-11-20

Add-on throws error running script when there is no internet connection. Maybe display message that you have a network problem.

- Hitcher - 2011-11-20

brightsr Wrote:As built-in weather doesn't work anymore, if you're not using the latest nightly build, 'Weather.IsFetched' is always FALSE regardless weather is fetched by a weather addon.

I think you'll find you wrong - Weather.IsFetched is not false when the weather info has been fetched by an addon.