Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)

- Omegatron - 2011-11-24

Ajedi Wrote:I've got it working again awsome.

though i have 1 question/bug i dont know if its weather+ or my skin but today's weather the box on left side, the info is overlapping eachother. When i change settings its ok for 3 secs then its jumps to overlap, here is a screenie: .........."

Using the latest version of the addon my previous problem is solved, if you had anything to do with it....thank you!!! Big Grin

problem is back Sad

- brightsr - 2011-11-24

Ajedi Wrote:problem is back Sad

hmm.. I have no idea.
I installed fresh Aeon MQ3 and tested "wierden, overijssel, netherland", but I didn't see any problem. I tested on Win7x64, the latest nightly build.

- Omegatron - 2011-11-24

brightsr Wrote:hmm.. I have no idea.
I installed fresh Aeon MQ3 and tested "wierden, overijssel, netherland", but I didn't see any problem. I tested on Win7x64, the latest nightly build.

hmm thats my location but i think i know why you dont have the problem, do you have XBMC language set to english? I noticed that when xbmc language is set to english the issue is gone, but i prefer Dutch since its my native language. So maybe the problem is the translation or something.

- Clansman - 2011-11-24

Win 7 64bit, Dharma 10.1

I've noticed on my weekend screen, that the Sunrise/Sunset times are not showing, there's just Sunrise:, Sunset:, but no time digits. They show the time on the 36Hr screen.

Clansman

- brightsr - 2011-11-24

Ajedi Wrote:hmm thats my location but i think i know why you dont have the problem, do you have XBMC language set to english? I noticed that when xbmc language is set to english the issue is gone, but i prefer Dutch since its my native language. So maybe the problem is the translation or something.

Can you try to toggle off translation (babelfish) in the addon's settings?

- Omegatron - 2011-11-24

brightsr Wrote:Can you try to toggle off translation (babelfish) in the addon's settings?

I tried that but it didnt had any effect. And its not the translation within the addon its the translation of xbmc (xbmc setting -> international) when setting it to dutch then the text overlaps.

Before all the fuzz with Weather + addon not working anymore i didnt had theis problem, after it got fixed this problem merged. I'dont know if anythis has changed in that time.

Im really wondering why it was ok for 2 days in a row and now its overlapping again. I havent changed a thing.

I also reported this problem to the skinner of Aeon MQ3 since i dont know if its addon or skin related.

I really appriciate your doing so much work for trying to find out whats wrong. thanks for that

- brightsr - 2011-11-24

Ajedi Wrote:I tried that but it didnt had any effect. And its not the translation within the addon its the translation of xbmc (xbmc setting -> international) when setting it to dutch then the text overlaps.

Before all the fuzz with Weather + addon not working anymore i didnt had theis problem, after it got fixed this problem merged. I'dont know if anythis has changed in that time.

Im really wondering why it was ok for 2 days in a row and now its overlapping again. I havent changed a thing.

I also reported this problem to the skinner of Aeon MQ3 since i dont know if its addon or skin related.

I really appriciate your doing so much work for trying to find out whats wrong. thanks for that

I know the language setting you said is of XBMC international setting.
If addon's translation option is off, xbmc's language setting never affect this addon. Besides, If provider is Accuweather.com, this addon doesn't translate, Accuweather.com does it. So I don't think translation or language setting is driving this addon make that issue. Just to be sure, you could try to set xbmc's language to English.

- brightsr - 2011-11-24

Clansman Wrote:Win 7 64bit, Dharma 10.1

I've noticed on my weekend screen, that the Sunrise/Sunset times are not showing, there's just Sunrise:, Sunset:, but no time digits. They show the time on the 36Hr screen.

Clansman

It depends on the provider.

[Weather.com] It must be an issue.
[Accuweather.com or NOAA] It's normal.

- Omegatron - 2011-11-24

brightsr Wrote:I know the language setting you said is of XBMC international setting.
If addon's translation option is off, xbmc's language setting never affect this addon. Besides, If provider is Accuweather.com, this addon doesn't translate, Accuweather.com does it. So I don't think translation or language setting is driving this addon make that issue. Just to be sure, you could try to set xbmc's language to English.

When having xbmc set on english language the problem is resolved. now i know you think "then go english mode" but some in my family have a hard time with english.

I talked with the skin developer of MQ3 and he told me that it wasnt a skin related problem.

- Martijn - 2011-11-24

Ajedi Wrote:When having xbmc set on english language the problem is resolved. now i know you think "then go english mode" but some in my family have a hard time with english.

I talked with the skin developer of MQ3 and he told me that it wasnt a skin related problem.

Maybe because the Dutch strings are longer than the English ones and that is causing the overlapping. Maybe the textlabel width it to small

- macf1an - 2011-11-24

hey brightsr, weather plus autoupdated properly from the main repo to 2.7.2 and the fix is OK so far - XBMC 10.0-9 area codes are properly taken into acount for weather location. thanks!

Do you have any success on fixing the top-screen temperature indicator in confluence vertical?

- Omegatron - 2011-11-24

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Maybe because the Dutch strings are longer than the English ones and that is causing the overlapping. Maybe the textlabel width it to small

Thats what i thought aswell but somehow it worked for 2 days in dutch. so it fits in the box but somthing or somehow its get scambled with other text in that box.

- butchabay - 2011-11-24

Just curious which property i need to use for location label?

Tried <label>$INFO[Weather.Location]</label>

and

<label>$INFO[Window.Property(Location)]</label>

but no one works. Any suggestions ?

Thanx

Edit: seen the first post! Please ignore my questionSmile

- brightsr - 2011-11-24

butchabay Wrote:Just curious which property i need to use for location label?

Tried <label>$INFO[Weather.Location]</label>

and

<label>$INFO[Window.Property(Location)]</label>

but no one works. Any suggestions ?

Thanx

Edit: seen the first post! Please ignore my questionSmile

To be sure : $INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Location)] Wink

- brightsr - 2011-11-24

Ajedi Wrote:Thats what i thought aswell but somehow it worked for 2 days in dutch. so it fits in the box but somthing or somehow its get scambled with other text in that box.

I got it. I set long current wind direction (like VARIABLE), the same result came out as yours. I think you can ask the skinner to fix it to show long weather information by any possible means.