[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon (/showthread.php?tid=95329)
- brightsr - 2011-12-08 20:56
please try to overwrite this file in the folder of "weather.weatherplus"
link : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/WeatherClient.py
- olympia - 2011-12-08 21:02
It doesn't make any difference, let me know if I can do anything to debug this.
...and thanks for the video fix! It works now!
- brightsr - 2011-12-08 21:44
olympia Wrote:It doesn't make any difference, let me know if I can do anything to debug this.
I'll post another py file for debugging soon. then test and please post your log once again.
* EDIT : plz try with this and post your log : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/WeatherClient.py
- bossanova808 - 2011-12-09 11:33
Is adding other providers something you're interested in doing? Or having someone help you do?
In Australia there's really only one weather source worth having, our Bureau of Meteorology. Everything else sucks for down here.
Per this thread I have started hacking away at this, but only basic so far - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116524
The BOM have a shocking, poorly documented system. The hard part is mapping locations to BOM IDs and then finding the data based on those IDs. But if you have that, there is quite a lot of data, including radar overlays etc etc.
Anyway, just thought I'd touch base and see what you thought. Apparently you're the expert and I have pretty much zero python skills...
- brightsr - 2011-12-09 18:47
bossanova808 Wrote:Hi brightsr
I'm always interested in adding a provider if it is really needed.
I know the best provider would be a national provider which can cover whole locations of a country and give more accurate or significant weather information.
If you want to make an weather addon cover current weather and simple 4 day forecast which is the standard of XBMC, it's the best to develop your own addon. But you really want to cover more information like Weather+ does, I can help you code to fetch and parse the provider's website, and I'll be willing to merge your code into Weather+.
Anyway, it seems that you have a trouble with getting location ID or something like that. I'll investigate and give you some idea.
P.S I'm really not a expert, too.
- choclate - 2011-12-09 19:51
XBMC newbi, setup a lot of plugins and now trying to make them work (mostly ok) but the weather plus is not working, when ever i try to refresh the weather i briefly see a message "busy" and no info. is downloaded for any of the three cities in there. So i dont have current or future weather on the screen just a simple *F without any temp. before *F
- Mudislander - 2011-12-09 20:21
choclate Wrote:XBMC newbi, setup a lot of plugins and now trying to make them work (mostly ok) but the weather plus is not working, when ever i try to refresh the weather i briefly see a message "busy" and no info. is downloaded for any of the three cities in there. So i dont have current or future weather on the screen just a simple *F without any temp. before *F
What skin are you using & which service provider for what locations ?
- brightsr - 2011-12-10 06:53
[UPDATE] v.3.0.0 Beta 1210 (only eden-pre! dhrama version will be released as a stable version)
- Added : [Weather Provider] Wunderground.com
- Added : [Wunderground.com] US & Europe severe weather alert
- Added : Multi-threading supported
- Added : [Video] Bulgaria - Meteotv.bg
- Added : [Video] Poland - TVN
- Added : [Video] Ireland - TV3
- Added : [Video] Germany - ZDF.de
- Added : [Video] Spain - tve
- Added : [Video] Belgium - RTL.be, Deredactie.be
- Added : [Video] Netherlands - Weer.nl
- Added : [Video] Romania - Antenna 1
- Added : [Video] Hungary - RTL Klub
- Added : [Translator] Google Translation
- Added : [Accuweather.com] "Auto" language option
- Added : [Accuweather.com] Hourly forcast - Wind direction translation (by Google)
- Added : [Accuweather.com] 10 day forcast - Wind speed & direction with Translation (by Google)
- Added : [Accuweather.com] Weekend forecast - Wind, UVindex, Sunrise & Sunset time
- Added : [NOAA.gov] Hourly forecast - Feels Like, Condition Icon, Outlook (generated by script)
- Added : [NOAA.gov] US Severe weather alert
- Added : [NOAA.gov] Weekend forecast
- Added : [Dharma] Window(Weather).Property(Update) - Last updated time
- Fixed : [NOAA.gov] Extended forecast - Gust speed issue
- Fixed : [Weather.com] Current.FanartCode
- Fixed : [Weather.com] Duplicated alerts, Alert color issue
- Fixed : [Video] ABC 4 (Hawaii)
- Fixed : Local maps of South America, Australia, New Zealand
- Fixed : Location name was not refreshed
- Fixed : Minor bugs
* It's Beta version, which means it may cause a lot of errors or issues. You should know that you have to uninstall this beta version when a stable version is released.
* Accuweather.com Langauge option overrides general translation option.
* Skins Supporting Multiple video : Aeon Nox(svn), Confluence, Convergence, T!(svn) supports as of now.
* Download link : http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/weather.weatherplus_v.3.0.0.Beta.1210.zip
* If no issue, it'll be a last beta of 3.0.0.
- olympia - 2011-12-10 10:30
Many thanks for the updates. I am still experiencing the followings:
- wunderground still doesn't OK for me for Budapest (it is ok for Brussels).
- weather.com doesn't show current temp from time to time (both for Budapest and Brussels), at the moment it is OK
- Video is opening in the background (not sure if this can be changed)
- bossanova808 - 2011-12-10 11:37
brightsr Wrote:I'm always interested in adding a provider if it is really needed.
Ok cool - I might start with using that site you found & their postcode service to do a basic xbmc add on for a start, and then maybe we can expand from there.
One thing every Aussie wants is the local rain Radar - we all have weather apps on our phones that have three basic sections - current, 7 day forecast, and the radar.
So maybe I will work on getting the basic data and once I get past that we can talk about integration and maybe pulling the radar images??
I might use that new 'ParseDom' common add on thingy - makes it look reasonably easy to scrape data...I guess I just need to build something where they enter postcode, submit that to their picker, scrape results, present the list to user, they choose one, then build their weather URL for scraping from there.
Sounds do-able. Slowly!