Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] AEON Showmix- Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] AEON Showmix- Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=96014)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- ZombieRobot - 2011-08-09

butchabay Wrote:I fully agree ... never seen so much bug reports as on pre-eden builds ...
it could be a great effort to always find out it's a skin issue or a break in the nightly build ! I've the most part ready for eden in cirrus extended v2, but really don't know if i should bring it out soon !

Zombie, something i've noticed in Showmix, the light floor theme won't bring the media info with thumbs, you see just rain down the flags ... i know this issue was already in earlier showmix releases ... you think you can fix that ?

Thanx ! By the way you're bringing back to live the old aeon skins and that's just amazing man !

Cheers ...

Yeah pre-Eden builds have horrible effects on showmix I had this one bug where you can't change view types I went through the XML files over and over again couldn't find a thing wrong multiple builds of Xbmc on multiple machines think I spent around 25 hours looking for the problem never did find it so went back to dharma the problem with pre-Eden is soon there will be a point where the new stuff will break backwards compatibility with dharma I'm not looking forward to that

I found that bug once in the XML files few weeks back but we had guests turn up and I couldn't fix it then forgot where I found it will look into it butch

- Tobby - 2011-08-09

ZombieRobot Wrote:I found that bug once in the XML files few weeks back but we had guests turn up and I couldn't fix it then forgot where I found it will look into it butch
Fuck that must be annoying. Hope you find it.

- butchabay - 2011-08-09

ZombieRobot Wrote:Yeah pre-Eden builds have horrible effects on showmix I had this one bug where you can't change view types I went through the XML files over and over again couldn't find a thing wrong multiple builds of Xbmc on multiple machines think I spent around 25 hours looking for the problem never did find it so went back to dharma the problem with pre-Eden is soon there will be a point where the new stuff will break backwards compatibility with dharma I'm not looking forward to that

I found that bug once in the XML files few weeks back but we had guests turn up and I couldn't fix it then forgot where I found it will look into it butch

About the change views problem: You removed the library mod control in that slideout menu control? If i remember right it's in myvideonnav.xml ...
Just a suggestion ...
About the light theme, no problem take your time ...
See ya ...
EDIT: Ok, this is in master. What do you need to do?

1. Remove any library/files buttons in MyVideosNav.xml.
2. Move any files-specific views from MyVideos.xml into MyVideosNav.xml if you like (most skins I see don't need to do anything here as they use includes for views) and delete MyVideos.xml
3. Change any references to "VideoFiles" in ActivateWindow calls to ActivateWindow(Videos,Files[,return])
4. Change any references to "VideoLibrary" in ActivateWindow calls to ActivateWindow(Videos,<whatever you had before>)
5. Remove any label control (if you have it) for the "No information in the database" message.

butchabay Wrote:About the change views problem: You removed the library mod control in that slideout menu control? If i remember right it's in myvideonnav.xml ...
Just a suggestion ...
About the light theme, no problem take your time ...
See ya ...
EDIT: Ok, this is in master. What do you need to do?

2. Move any files-specific views from MyVideos.xml into MyVideosNav.xml if you like (most skins I see don't need to do anything here as they use includes for views) and delete MyVideos.xml
3. Change any references to "VideoFiles" in ActivateWindow calls to ActivateWindow(Videos,Files[,return])
4. Change any references to "VideoLibrary" in ActivateWindow calls to ActivateWindow(Videos,<whatever you had before>)
5. Remove any label control (if you have it) for the "No information in the database" message.

yeah i took my time i has to do with my videos xml and how myvideonav/Includes_VerticalMenu.xml is coded up i will sort it out just sometimes hard when working with showmix if you want to mod one thing you need to open about 5 includes xml files and about 3 or 4 other files will sort it all out

- Tobby - 2011-08-09

Any clue when pre-eden will be supported?

butchabay Wrote:EDIT: Ok, this is in master. What do you need to do?

Yeah thats the list i worked through i took my time too i think i just deleted something without knowing i did and then couldn't figure out what i did wrong i have a feeling what it is and how to fix it just putting it off for a while.

Are you running windows butch?
I need some pointers on what the best way to set up the pvr stuff whats the build/plugin i use i know nothing about pvr in xbmc

Tobby Wrote:Any clue when pre-eden will be supported?

i think i will wrap up what i am doing now with 3.1 get that out then start work on pre-eden again like i said its almost at pre-eden level just has some bugs so think showmix 2.2 could be pre eden and after that may work on adding pvr if i get it all set up

Also look at getting the skin size down moving textures like music genre and weather conditions to separate downloadable packages should bring the skin down about 50mb make updates easier Showmix sits at 143mb at the moment i want to get it down to 80 or 90mb that would be a huge improvement on what it was when i started with showmix it was up to 200mb and i have added around 30mb of my own at least

Showmix Update - ZombieRobot - 2011-08-10

So I had some time today to get some coding done on Showmix and i thought i would give a sneak peek on whats going on don't expect this in the next release but its not very far away guys will keep you updated as i go along.Nod

- Hunter-Killer - 2011-08-10

ZombieRobot Wrote:So I had some time today to get some coding done on Showmix and i thought i would give a sneak peek on whats going on don't expect this in the next release but its not very far away guys will keep you updated as i go along.Nod

Nice work there ZombieRobot, nice to know Showmix is going to continue into the Eden era!

- butchabay - 2011-08-10

Hey Zombie, nice to see you've done the first step.
I'll pm you asap for pvr stuff.
Cheers

- ZombieRobot - 2011-08-10

butchabay Wrote:Hey Zombie, nice to see you've done the first step.
I'll pm you asap for pvr stuff.
Cheers

cheers mate Nod

- Tobby - 2011-08-10

ZombieRobot Wrote:So I had some time today to get some coding done on Showmix and i thought i would give a sneak peek on whats going on don't expect this in the next release but its not very far away guys will keep you updated as i go along.Nod

What's new? Forgive me, but I never had the chanse to try this theme before I went pre-eden.

- butchabay - 2011-08-10

tobby Wrote:what's new? Forgive me, but i never had the chanse to try this theme before i went pre-eden.

live tv ! Smile

- mardup - 2011-08-10

mardup Wrote:Hey ....

Thanks for all your work ! Nod
I really LOVE this skin !!! Wink

I'm also very happy to see that in 3.1 you will support PVR ... Big Grin Do you plan to also support this excellent addon Artist Slideshow ? Huh

... and thanks again for all !!!

Hey ZombieRobot....
You never answered me ...Sad

- Tobby - 2011-08-10

What's PVR?