Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 (/showthread.php?tid=96977)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- HansP - 2011-06-13

thx that worked !
nice skin !!

i love that the font is a bit larger than most skins ( in my opinion ) makes it easyer to see when having not so good eyes Smile ( i have just -0,75 on both sides so i dont wear glasses all the time )

- SynstrShn - 2011-06-13

Livin Wrote:One thought is to separate the panel itself from the image inside. Alaska Revisited has this and it works well... I can create a theme and use whatever images I want inside - and this also allows the flexibility to create the custom home items and allow the user to create a semi-custom experience for the home screen icons. It would also allow you to easily add your own Smile

I built a mock-up using my preferred images...

+1 great idea! love the look of this!

- kalel90 - 2011-06-14

I have a request. Would it be in any way possible to change the file list view to allow for larger images? i ask this because the icefilms addon shows the captcha to you thorough whatever view the poster would normally be in so when it shows the captcha in the file list its in the little bitty spot to the left of the text making it near impossible to read.

- paul - 2011-06-14

ekim232 Wrote:There was a request awhile back for a shutdown button and my response was to hit the "s" button and it comes up on all screens. Or if you use a remote, but map a button to bring up the shutdown menu. I realize that not everyone knows how to map a command, so I said I would throw it into the settings submenu but it slipped my mind. I can easily add it

Yeh i forgot about "S" on keyboard i will add it into my eventghost config.
Not sure which skin i will use long term this or fusion, and thanks for the quick
response.

- wex101 - 2011-06-14

Just for thought, the skin looks rather nice without that middle bar as well. Perhaps consider it an option to take it off and place it on?

Hmm and I am facing a weird issues. I have been trying to edit the appearance of the blue panels (the ones seen on the above screenshot). So I go in and edit the file under media, windiws, home, panel.png correct? Any save I make to that file does not appear within xbmc. On the other hand, when I adjust the appearance of the horizontal panel panels-bg.png the changes do appear. Any help?

- HansP - 2011-06-14

i played a bit with it lastnight and wenth back to aeon MQ2 , the skin works fine but when u add recent movies or shows the 4 covers needs to be loaded everytime so with a miniitx system it takes too much resources , could also be the cause working with a normal HDD instead of an SSD ...

for the rest the skin is perfect ! if u can change the widget or let the user choose wat widget it would be awesome !

- ekim232 - 2011-06-14

HansP Wrote:i played a bit with it lastnight and wenth back to aeon MQ2 , the skin works fine but when u add recent movies or shows the 4 covers needs to be loaded everytime so with a miniitx system it takes too much resources , could also be the cause working with a normal HDD instead of an SSD ...

for the rest the skin is perfect ! if u can change the widget or let the user choose wat widget it would be awesome !

Thanks for the comments. I plan on changing the recently added once Eden comes out, since it is part of the skinning engine now and will not take the resources that the script does. Hopefully this will solve your issue.

- HansP - 2011-06-14

should be great , i want this feature because my HTPC is also in use as downloadmachine with couchpotato and sickbeard ... so then i know what's new :d

- Livin - 2011-06-15

ekim,
The more I use your skin the better I like it... and my wife likes it better than Alaska Revisited which was her favorite for a long time. (though we both eagerly awaiting the ability to have custom home menu buttons)

This skin is one of the most elegant skins I've ever seen. I hope you post this to the release forum and let others know how great this skin is - I think most people don't know about it.

I have a few thoughts, questions, comments, suggestions...

a) I have noticed that many of the screens have custom backgrounds, thus the background is not the same throughout the entire skin... thus if you choose a background (under Customize) it will not be there on every screen. It would be cool if it was.

b) Is there anyway to slow down the raindrop animation? We love it, it is just a bit too fast and a bit more distracting than we'd like.

c) The carousel music screen is AWESOME! It would be great to have it for all the Music options (Genre, Artists, etc) and maybe just have the carousel show random covers if there is no way to associate to the actual item chosen... both for consistency and the fact that the screen rocks!

d) For the Files view, I noticed there is only 1 option. Can you make the view the same as the one you use for the main Music screen to choose from Genre/Artist/etc (Same as Picture Panel layout)... this one has the large icon on the right side. It is mostly an aesthetic thing, I just think it looks nicer.

e) one small nitpick... where there is object counts, I'd change 'objects' to 'items' -- no biggie, just being picky Smile

- fr500 - 2011-06-21

Still rocking v2 here. Two things I'd love this skin to have:

- User themes like alaska (should be doable considering you already have 2 themes)
- Advanced launcher support. Working on the later but I'm really bad at this Big Grin

- wex101 - 2011-06-22

fr500 Wrote:Still rocking v2 here. Two things I'd love this skin to have:

- User themes like alaska (should be doable considering you already have 2 themes)
- Advanced launcher support. Working on the later but I'm really bad at this Big Grin

Is there anything other than V2?

And I am loving the skin and have been enjoying myself learning how to skin and what not on it. It has been a great foundational starting piece for me.

I would love to be able to have additional view types within the video-addons browser but have not idea how to go about making that happen. Any chance this will become a feature?

- Livin - 2011-06-23

ekim,
You around?

- ekim232 - 2011-06-23

I am around. Just been busy lately and have slowly knocking down suggestions from the to-do list. I still have these to do...

-Custom home panels. This will require a lot because I have icons and custom back drops. It is a lot of coding to get this done, but seems necessary now days for users.
-Add additional views to add ons.

After that I would consider this skin pretty well complete. Until the Eden changes come along. I would still like to get a logo together for it, but I need to find time. It is taking me a little bit because I just spent two weeks recreating the original Aeon by DJH from scratch. I did it as a passion project since that is the skin that inspired me to learn about coding and I thought it would be nice for people to see how Aeon was originally intended, but with massive speed increase.

- HansP - 2011-06-23

did u also looked for another recently added to show for the lower end ( ion - E350 ) systems ?

thx

- ekim232 - 2011-06-23

HansP Wrote:did u also looked for another recently added to show for the lower end ( ion - E350 ) systems ?

thx

I won't change that until Eden since it will be part of the skinning engine at that point.