Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 (/showthread.php?tid=96977)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- bandelguy - 2011-05-02

Please include a shutdown / exit button in the next release.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-02

bandelguy Wrote:Please include a shutdown / exit button in the next release.

I added it to the settings submenu. I do not want to create a whole menu panel for it....plus I don't have an icon for it.

- Broads - 2011-05-04

bandelguy Wrote:Please include a shutdown / exit button in the next release.

Hi bandel guy, try the mod I posted a few posts up /down the folder is actually 720p and not 720 as extracted.

- fr500 - 2011-05-04

Hi ekim

Don't know if this has been pointed out already but the extrathumbs in this view looks squished, maybe not the correct AR

- Japaja - 2011-05-04

To me they looked stretched. Smile

- Bkam - 2011-05-09

ekim232, any eta on your update for this skin Smile ?

- ekim232 - 2011-05-09

I was away all weekend, but I should be able to upload a new version tonight when I get home.

- Hitcher - 2011-05-09

ekim232 Wrote:I was away all weekend, but I should be able to upload a new version tonight when I get home.

WHAT! You know skinners aren't allowed to have a life. Wink

- ekim232 - 2011-05-12

Just uploaded V.2 with some feature requests and some bug fixes.

I am hoping there is a talented graphics user out there who could spare some time to make me a logo for V.3

I would greatly appreciate any help with that so I can push V.3 asap and finish the feature and bug fixes remaining.

- sialivi - 2011-05-12

I like the skin, but for now I wont use it because the incorrect Aspect Ratio of Thumbs & Fanart in various views are ruining the experience for me.

Exampels:
TriPanel: Thumb is too wide, Fanart is not wide enough
Large List: Thumb is too wide, Fanart is not wide enough
Fanart Wrap: Thumb seem slightly too wide
Music List: I think the Fanart is stretched to fill the screen (My monitor is 16:9 but some of my fanart is 16:10)

- ekim232 - 2011-05-12

sialivi Wrote:I like the skin, but for now I wont use it because the incorrect Aspect Ratio of Thumbs & Fanart in various views are ruining the experience for me.

Exampels:
TriPanel: Thumb is too wide, Fanart is not wide enough
Large List: Thumb is too wide, Fanart is not wide enough
Fanart Wrap: Thumb seem slightly too wide
Music List: I think the Fanart is stretched to fill the screen (My monitor is 16:9 but some of my fanart is 16:10)

It all looks fine on a 1080p tv to me, so it is hard for me to correct something that I can not see.

- sialivi - 2011-05-12

ekim232 Wrote:It all looks fine on a 1080p tv to me, so it is hard for me to correct something that I can not see.

You're using "stretch" as the aspect ratio for Posters and Fanart (in every single place I've looked so far), which ruins aspect ratio. Look at Viewtype_Tri Panel.xml for example:

Line 464:
You have the Aspect Ratio of the Fanart set to "stretch" and the image size set to 561 x 576. This makes the standard 16:9 fanart stretched vertically from it's normal 1.78 AR to 0.97, that's a huge difference so I'm surprised you can't see that people in the images are extremely tall and thin.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-12

No one else seems to mention it as a problem. What size and quality is your TV? In tripanel the fanart is simply a subtle background image on a panel that is not designed to hold a full fanart image. It is no different than Xperience. The aspect of stretch is used throughout Xperience as well. It just takes the images and stretches them to the diffuse so that posters do not change size when they get a smaller one scraped. I don't want my poster images jumping size by using aspect keep, which would ruin the flow of most views.

Exampels:
TriPanel: Thumb is too wide, Fanart is not wide enough-----fanart is just a background for the list...I am not going to widen the panel to hold a proper size fanart. Xperience is the same.
Large List: Thumb is too wide, Fanart is not wide enough---Same thing...fanart is just a list background
Music List: I think the Fanart is stretched to fill the screen (My monitor is 16:9 but some of my fanart is 16:10)----again, fanart is a background image. Xperience is the same.

- sialivi - 2011-05-12

ekim232 Wrote:No one else seems to mention it as a problem.

fr500 pointed out the Aspect Ratio problem just a few posts above as well.

ekim232 Wrote:What size and quality is your TV? In tripanel the fanart is simply as background image on a panel that is not designed to hold a fanart image. It is no different than Xperience. The aspect of stretch is used throughout Xperience as well. It just takes the images and stretches them to the diffuse so that posters do not change size when they get a smaller one scraped.

I use a 24" 1080p monitor + a 100" 1080p projector, but I'm not sure how that's relevant. Changing the Aspect Ratio of an image is a terrible idea, looks far better to use "keep" or "scale".

"keep" and "scale" doesn't require you to change the size of anything.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-12

sialivi Wrote:fr500 pointed out the Aspect Ratio problem just a few posts above as well.

I use a 24" 1080p monitor + a 100" 1080p projector, but I'm not sure how that's relevant. Changing the Aspect Ratio of an image is a terrible idea, looks far better to use "keep" or "scale".

"keep" and "scale" doesn't require you to change the size of anything.

So you would rather have the posters jumping size when they can't fill the diffuse? If that is the case then open the xml and replace all the "strech" with what you want. Takes two seconds.....

Her mentioned the extrathumbs.....not posters or fanart backgrounds. Any that is two people out of the 4,650 downloads of the file so far.....strange...

It comes down to someone's taste of how they feel things should look and I am not willing to change it. If someone prefers to have their posters switch size if they scraped a low quality one then they can do a replace on the xmls.