Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Prescence by EKIM232 (/showthread.php?tid=96977)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- sialivi - 2011-05-12

ekim232 Wrote:So you would rather have the posters jumping size when they can't fill the diffuse? If that is the case then open the xml and replace all the "strech" with what you want. Takes two seconds.....

Size doesn't change with "keep" or "scale".

Here's a comparison between the current stretched fanart, with unnaturally tall/thin characters, and scaled fanart

ekim232 Wrote:Her mentioned the extrathumbs.....not posters or fanart backgrounds. Any that is two people out of the 4,650 downloads of the file so far.....strange...

It's the same problem.

ekim232 Wrote:It comes down to someone's taste of how they feel things should look and I am not willing to change it. If someone prefers to have their posters switch size if they scraped a low quality one then they can do a replace on the xmls.

Again, neither "scale" nor "keep" changes the size.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-12

I would rather see more of the image rather than have it cut off. Thats the bottom line.

Change it if you want......I could care less.

- sialivi - 2011-05-12

ekim232 Wrote:I would rather see more of the image rather than have it cut off. Thats the bottom line.

Change it if you want......I could care less.

Quantity over quality you mean. If you use "keep" Aspect Ratio is preserved and the whole image is shown but doesn't fill all the space vertically.

Anyhow, you've made it quite clear that my feedback isn't welcome. I was only trying to help, but after that warm response "I couldn't care less" pretty much summerize what remains of my enthusiasm about this skin Rolleyes

- zepfan - 2011-05-12

Don't like it? Cool. Go make your own skin. Its his, and he can make it how he sees fit.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-12

zepfan Wrote:Don't like it? Cool. Go make your own skin. Its his, and he can make it how he sees fit.

Thank you....could not have put it better.

I often wish this development forum was for skinners/graphic designers only. All others should only be able to view and not post. Then there should be a beta testing subforum for people who wish to invite the community to test their skins.

I spent over a year of my life to make this and I might be a little defensive...sorry if I came off that way. I spent more hours doing this than most do at their regular job and I lost money doing it.........

- sialivi - 2011-05-12

ekim232 Wrote:I often wish this development forum was for skinners/graphic designers only. All others should only be able to view and not post. Then there should be a beta testing subforum for people who wish to invite the community to test their skins.

I think that would be a great disservice to the xbmc community since that would shut out new developers, preventing them to get help during the period when they need it the most.

If neither new developers nor feedback is welcome, what would the point be? A place where already established developers pat eachothers backs?

ekim232 Wrote:I spent over a year of my life to make this and I might be a little defensive...sorry if I came off that way. I spent more hours doing this than most do at their regular job and I lost money doing it.........

It's understandable, but there are nicer ways to reject someone trying to provide constructive feedback and help. I meant no disrespect, the response just rubbed me the wrong way and ruined my mood.

- Rygrath - 2011-05-12

Hi there Ekim. I just wanted to say I absolutely love this skin. The animations in it are very slick, the Home screen is so easy on the eyes, and easy to navigate. Love all the different views and how it handles non-standard files like banner.jpg and landscape.jpg. The individual settings for the views. Has a very nice "modern" feel to it.

Gave it a quick run in the media room the past few nights and it passes the family test. Weather+ addon support is nice as well. I could go on, but think you get the idea Smile

I just have one quick question regarding one of the Settings and what exactly it does.

Under General the "Now Playing Display". I've checked it and unchecked it and thought it'd put a Now Playing video window somewhere, but not seeing any difference (video still plays hidden in the background when navigating). I haven't tried playing music with it, so dunno if it's just used for that. Am I just missing something subtle?

Thanks again for the time and effort you can see that went into this.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-12

Rygrath Wrote:Hi there Ekim. I just wanted to say I absolutely love this skin. The animations in it are very slick, the Home screen is so easy on the eyes, and easy to navigate. Love all the different views and how it handles non-standard files like banner.jpg and landscape.jpg. The individual settings for the views. Has a very nice "modern" feel to it.

Gave it a quick run in the media room the past few nights and it passes the family test. Weather+ addon support is nice as well. I could go on, but think you get the idea Smile

I just have one quick question regarding one of the Settings and what exactly it does.

Under General the "Now Playing Display". I've checked it and unchecked it and thought it'd put a Now Playing video window somewhere, but not seeing any difference (video still plays hidden in the background when navigating). I haven't tried playing music with it, so dunno if it's just used for that. Am I just missing something subtle?

Thanks again for the time and effort you can see that went into this.

Glad to hear you like it. When I added the now playing it was originally designed for music only. I was on the fence to whether the video now playing was going to match the same style or if I was going to have the video play where the backdrop is. It is still a unfinished feature for video I plan to continue with in the next release.

- tungmeister - 2011-05-12

Really enjoying this skin you've done some great work here!

Is it not possible to use cdart at the album level using the CD case view or has it just not been implemented yet?

Edit: A small suggest would be that I'd like to see the movie title displayed somewhere in the hybrid posters view as scrolling is difficult to do without an indication of alphabetical position considering with some posters it's not immediately apparent as to what the movie is.

I'd also like to see the title of the series when using poster slide on the season level as I feel it would make the view more complete.

- Rygrath - 2011-05-13

ekim232 Wrote:Glad to hear you like it. When I added the now playing it was originally designed for music only. I was on the fence to whether the video now playing was going to match the same style or if I was going to have the video play where the backdrop is. It is still a unfinished feature for video I plan to continue with in the next release.

Ah, I gotcha. I see your conundrum of where to put the playing video. When I was trying to figure out where it would be.. I started wondering, "where would it go?". However, I trust that you will come up with something that will meet your view for the skin. I could just add, this also runs really really smooth on even the lower end bedroom pc's.

Setting up all the TV navigation using the Banner List views, so the family knows that navigating Shows, Seasons and Episodes is all Up/Down movement. Sounds silly, but never underestimate how easily people can be confused when one section moves left and right, the next up and down.

Which leads me to this question/possible request... for season level view. Is it possible to increase the poster size a little for Banner Slide? It looks really nice, but even on the big screen, the posters are kinda small and hard to see.

There's tons of views to choose from, like Banner List. I just like keeping navigation with visual pictures, like Poster Slide, but with a Up/Down scheme to keep it consistent.

It's not really a big deal, I could probably putter around the xml to see how changing sizes would work out. (btw, nice touch adding the banner.jpg as the background for that view)

Anyways, thanks again and looking forward to future versions of this!

- zepfan - 2011-05-13

A Couple issues. The icon folders should be "default" not Default (both folders) as linux is case sensitive.

Also, could you change font 13 to to size 24 and Xperience font. That way my PseudoTV skin will work ( And I can upload it for others.)

- Pete7 - 2011-05-13

I really like this skin.
Is there a simple way to disable the cursor warning that show up when using a mouse? I know the skin isn't written for mouse support, but I would still like to use it occasionally.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-13

Pete7 Wrote:I really like this skin.
Is there a simple way to disable the cursor warning that show up when using a mouse? I know the skin isn't written for mouse support, but I would still like to use it occasionally.

Go into the media folder and delete mouse.png

- ekim232 - 2011-05-13

zepfan Wrote:A Couple issues. The icon folders should be "default" not Default (both folders) as linux is case sensitive.

Also, could you change font 13 to to size 24 and Xperience font. That way my PseudoTV skin will work ( And I can upload it for others.)

I thought I corrected that for V.2, but I guess it did not commit. I changed it just now, so it will be in V.3

I am not following you on the font change. I do not have a font called font 13that I am aware of. Can you explain further?

- zepfan - 2011-05-13

ekim232 Wrote:I thought I corrected that for V.2, but I guess it did not commit. I changed it just now, so it will be in V.3

I am not following you on the font change. I do not have a font called font 13that I am aware of. Can you explain further?

It's on line 390 of font.xml. It says its required by system, but as far as I can find it only effects the addon's. I've changed it in all of my personal skin mods, and haven't found another addon that uses it beside PseudoTV. It changes the shows listings on the guide. Jason (when he made it) found that font was the only way for it to be universal. Sounds good, but font size 14 is is really really small on a big/medium TV.

EDIT: Also Debuging in the addon.xml was still enabled. Just FYI.