Kodi Community Forum
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) (/showthread.php?tid=97246)

- markiz - 2011-06-13

keith Wrote:You must install the official XBMC build first to make sure dependencies are handled.

I don't remember if I did this. Is it possible to find out if I installed the official XBMC before the unofficial?

- keith - 2011-06-14

Just try to install it again then if youre not sure. You can use standard 'apt-cache search xbmc' to look for the package name, or just reinstall from nitotv.

Library issues - Muertin - 2011-06-14

Recently installed the 16/5 nightly build for ATV2 and scanned through my video library situated on a Synology NAS served over SMB.

However when browsing through the library i found that several movies, but mostly tv-episodes had wrong information often connected to both another tv-show and episode. I thought that this must be a scraping issue so I exported the library from my linux-live dharma build but the issue remained. A majority of the episodes is connected to another episode/series i.e 7/8 Game of Thrones episodes is connected to the series Life's 1ep. The restored library is also unable to play the episodes stating that they are moved or unavailable.

In the linux-live build all information is displayed correct and plays nicely.

- keith - 2011-06-15

Sites down. Host pulled my machine. No clue why. They refuse to tell me.
Anyone know any good lawyers? Smile

- keith - 2011-06-15

Muertin Wrote:Recently installed the 16/5 nightly build for ATV2 and scanned through my video library situated on a Synology NAS served over SMB.

However when browsing through the library i found that several movies, but mostly tv-episodes had wrong information often connected to both another tv-show and episode. I thought that this must be a scraping issue so I exported the library from my linux-live dharma build but the issue remained. A majority of the episodes is connected to another episode/series i.e 7/8 Game of Thrones episodes is connected to the series Life's 1ep. The restored library is also unable to play the episodes stating that they are moved or unavailable.

In the linux-live build all information is displayed correct and plays nicely.

There's been a recent scraper merge, so there's bugs in it until they work them out. If you dont like the scraper bugs, downgrade. I wish I had a link I could give you with the older file.

- Awjvail - 2011-06-15

Anybody able to post a mirror?

- mattfl - 2011-06-15

I too would LOVE a mirror.

Just got my atv2 today and would like to install a nightly to be able to play mkv files better.

- R0MSTER - 2011-06-15

keith Wrote:Sites down. Host pulled my machine. No clue why. They refuse to tell me.
Anyone know any good lawyers? Smile

Time to use dropbox Keith...

Regards,

- activate - 2011-06-15

I guess I should mention this since it happened with the latest (well not the one that keith posted a few posts ago but the latest.deb)....

I had it running for about 5 days. Yesterday, I turned the atv2 off for about 10 mins or so....I was connecting the ethernet cable. So it switched from wifi to ethernet. After that, I ran xbmc and it would crash and throw me out into lowtide or reboot the atv2.

Removal through nito tv and reinstallation as per instructions here didn't work. I had to manually delete the xbmc folder after which it worked. Then I restore the userdata folder from the previous working installation and same result, it would crash. In the end I had to reinstall again and start from scratch as far customisation. I will get the log if you'd like, not sure if it will have the original crashes.

Ta.

- ubuntusteve - 2011-06-15

keith any possibility of a mirror this evening?
Got an ATV2 today which was on 4.3 so I really need your nightly to be able to use it properly.

- stevotdo - 2011-06-15

I haven't been on here for a few weeks. What was the latest unofficial build date before the server was taken down.

- Cranial - 2011-06-15

Temporary download: PULLED = KEITH HAS A NEW BUILD UP

I'll pull it when keith gets back online.

Please do not use this build as a testing base for reporting problems in this thread. It's not keith's build. It's just to keep people running until keith is back on track with hosting.

- tuxing - 2011-06-15

Cranial Wrote:Temporary download: ATV XBMC Build 07/06/2011

I'll pull it when keith gets back online.
Thanks cranial , working fine on atv2

can anyone post the latest for iPad
tried the last build i had from hadm2.net(16 may) with ios5 on iPad 1 , xbmc just exits as soon as it launches.

- Muertin - 2011-06-15

keith Wrote:There's been a recent scraper merge, so there's bugs in it until they work them out. If you dont like the scraper bugs, downgrade. I wish I had a link I could give you with the older file.

Is it possible to use the scarper from the official build? How can I do that?

- mkortstiege - 2011-06-15

Muertin Wrote:Is it possible to use the scarper from the official build? How can I do that?

Nope as it's in core, not the scraper(s) itself.