Kodi Community Forum
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) (/showthread.php?tid=97246)

- Stiffler - 2011-06-18

keith Wrote:Also, is anyone else having remote mysql database issues?

I have a MBP running latest nightly(6/16) of XBMC OSX w/ remote mysql fine, but the atv2 wont use its same advancedsettings.xml, crashed on startup, xbmc.log says nothing interesting..

Also doesn't look like the broken addon problem went away.

Anyone else have this issue?

Mine is using the remote database and seems to be working (I've checked the mysql tables and they're a match), although it's exhibiting something rather odd. A number of TV-shows have gone missing, they can be viewed and accessed with file mode but they will no longer scan to the library. Prior to the update they existed in my library without issue. Going to try another database rebuild and if it's still playing up I'll post logs.

- MikeLeone - 2011-06-18

MikeLeone Wrote:Not in my case ....

Apple-TV:/var/mobile/Applications root# pwd
/var/mobile/Applications
Apple-TV:/var/mobile/Applications root# ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 mobile mobile 68 Feb 6 19:58 ./
drwxr-xr-x 8 mobile mobile 306 Jun 15 21:05 ../

Is the .app located somewhere else?

AH HA! GOt it .. Looks like my browser (Chrome) was caching the downloads. When I downloaded it with IE, and installed *that* one, NOW it says 20110618!

WooHoo!

BUT ... still says "Could not download information. Could not connect to remote server". I have it set to update library at startup. My ATV2 does have Internet connectivity, as I can ping by IP and DNS name.

So I'm still having that problem, with this new build.

- keith - 2011-06-18

Hold off, I will update the build, in my haste this morning I guess I forgot to do a 'git pull' so this did not have NFS at all.

- MikeLeone - 2011-06-18

MikeLeone Wrote:BUT ... still says "Could not download information. Could not connect to remote server". I have it set to update library at startup. My ATV2 does have Internet connectivity, as I can ping by IP and DNS name.

So I'm still having that problem, with this new build.

Also: when I go to install a video addon (CNET, in my case), XBMC crashes back to the ATV2 menu.

- mylle - 2011-06-18

Hi Keith,

Any chance you could start including the PVR stuff so we dont have to have a seperate build thread for that?

regards
Jacob

- Stiffler - 2011-06-18

mylle Wrote:Hi Keith,

Any chance you could start including the PVR stuff so we dont have to have a seperate build thread for that?

Thats not what this thread is about. Post #500 explains why the PVR build is being carried out as a separate build.

- keith - 2011-06-18

mylle Wrote:Hi Keith,

regards
Jacob

I'd prefer not too, since its entire another branch. Once the buildbot picks up the standard ios/atv2 builds I can start taking care of it. I am about to embark on a journey of getting tvheadend working on my qnap, so then I'll definitely care about pvr. Smile

- keith - 2011-06-18

New builds up!

Now nfs should actually work. Smile

- mylle - 2011-06-18

keith Wrote:I'd prefer not too, since its entire another branch. Once the buildbot picks up the standard ios/atv2 builds I can start taking care of it. I am about to embark on a journey of getting tvheadend working on my qnap, so then I'll definitely care about pvr. Smile

OK. I understand. Thanks for your hard work Smile

- infinus - 2011-06-18

keith Wrote:New builds up!

Not sure if this build was just for NFS or not, addons all listed as broken showing version 0.0.0 on 6/18 (gitConfused0110618-eedceeb)

- atheistp3ace - 2011-06-18

With the second build you put up today I am still getting intermittent "Could not connect to remote server" when scraping library. The first one put up it happened immediately. With this second one it happens after pulling a few movies information down.

- john.doe - 2011-06-18

keith Wrote:New builds up!

i think it didn't worked...

"
Add nfs support - closes #3358 - needs libnfs at compiletime (osx/ios will build it when switched to darwin-depends - linux needs to make lib/libnfs and make install)
"

- haffi - 2011-06-19

dont see any nfs options either yet

- MikeLeone - 2011-06-19

atheistp3ace Wrote:With the second build you put up today I am still getting intermittent "Could not connect to remote server" when scraping library. The first one put up it happened immediately. With this second one it happens after pulling a few movies information down.

I got a lot of no0tices about addons being marked as broken in repository, and did I want to disable them. TheTVDB, IMDB, AllMusic, about 8 others.

XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110618-eedceeb

Setting "Update library at startup" still gives me dozens (I stopped counting at 53) of "Unable to connect to remote server" messages. No change at all from last build, unfortunately.

- john_austin - 2011-06-19

MikeLeone Wrote:I got a lot of no0tices about addons being marked as broken in repository, and did I want to disable them.

I also did new install with the 6/14 version and updated today to the 6/18 version - and all Add-On's are marked "Broken" with "Dependencies not met".

On a separate ATV, I was updating from 4.2 to 4.3 and had to do full install, using 6/18 version - add on's are fine in this one.

OK - solved the broken add-on's by going into System/Add-Ons, selecting the XBMC.org repository and doing a "Force Refresh" through the context menu. Probably very basic steps to post here, but maybe will save someone some time.