Kodi Community Forum
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) (/showthread.php?tid=97246)

- Memphiz - 2011-06-19

For now nfs support is not exposed to GUI (will add it later today). To try NFS shares do:

Videos -> Add Videos -> klick on "<none>" -> enter nfs url "nfs://ip/exportpath"

The exported path should be configured in "/etc/exports" like this:

Code:
/mydatadir                 <ip or iprange which is allowed to connect>(rw,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

or

Code:
/mydatadir                  *(rw,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

second is for allowing all ips in the network to connect. The "all_sqash" option is for doing any operations on the filesystem as user "nobody". So be sure the user "nobody" has read or read/write access to the exported folder and all needed subfolders and files.

The option "insecure" is needed so that a non root user can access nfs at all (since on ios everything is executed with the user "mobile" which is not root - you will need the insecure option).

This instructions are for a linux nfs server. Remember Access rights are these you give in the filesystem.

Without all_squash you have to add a user with the same userid as the user "mobile" on the ios (its id 501). Then everything is mapped to this user and the user with uid 501 has to have the needed access rights on the filesystem (you should name the user on the nfs server "mobile" aswell for not getting confused).

- ech20 - 2011-06-19

I have installed the various updates throughout today after purchasing my ATV2 this afternoon. The first two didn't allow me to run addons giving me the 'broken' message, but the most recent one, with the nfs fix has sorted this issue for me. Note I had to uninstall the non-official addon repos and then re-add. Once this was done I was able to install addons successfully.

Thanks for the builds.

ech

- ummike - 2011-06-19

I followed all of these steps and I finally got it working, but when I play .MKV or .M4V i get a lot of buffering. I have the latest XMBC from today. I have updated ATV2 to 4.3. jailbreak by seasonpass. i have updatebegone. Please help.

- davilla - 2011-06-19

ummike Wrote:I followed all of these steps and I finally got it working, but when I play .MKV or .M4V i get a lot of buffering. I have the latest XBMC from today. I have updated ATV2 to 4.3. jailbreak by seasonpass. i have updatebegone. Please help.

"latest XBMC from today" is not a version. we don't know where you got it nor how you installed.

- cadeucsb - 2011-06-19

nm...fixed Smile

- Cranial - 2011-06-19

cadeucsb Wrote:any way around this:

org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.

When I try to install the -seatbelt unlock, i get this:

Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock has no installation candidate

any thoughts...been reading for days and havent found a way around.
(tried echo "deb http://apt.saurik.com/ tangelo-3.7 main">/etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list to fix seatbeltunlock...no help)

Couldn't be bothered looking for how to just install seatbelt, I've forgotten.
You can just install the official XBMC version, this will install the required dependencies, then re-install the latest semi-nightly.

- Ned Scott - 2011-06-19

June 18's build for iOS on my iPhone 4 does not start. I tap on the application icon, the screen flashes for a moment like it tried to open something and then closed it in a fraction of a second. No XBMC.log file generated. First time that's happened to me. My installation method is to load the .deb file into iFile and select the "install" option, which has always worked in the past for nightlies.

- ferry - 2011-06-19

I updated to the latest from the April 17th build (SSH'd into box). Everything seems to be working great and the new GUI layout is great too; greatly improves the UX. Thanks for the amazing work on this, to think that this is free is mindblowing and converts the ATV2 into an extremely impressive little black box. I will get some £ in my paypal account soon and donate.

- haffi - 2011-06-19

NFS works good for me now Smile although I am seeing XBMC restarting after a while, still debugin it, does not seam related to NFS, also Scrappers and other addins are still reporting broken.
Running version PRE-11.0 GIT:20110618-eedceeb ( compiled 18 jun 2011 )

Memphiz Wrote:For now nfs support is not exposed to GUI (will add it later today). To try NFS shares do:

Videos -> Add Videos -> klick on "<none>" -> enter nfs url "nfs://ip/exportpath"

The exported path should be configured in "/etc/exports" like this:

Code:
/mydatadir                 <ip or iprange which is allowed to connect>(rw,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

or

Code:
/mydatadir                  *(rw,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

second is for allowing all ips in the network to connect. The "all_sqash" option is for doing any operations on the filesystem as user "nobody". So be sure the user "nobody" has read or read/write access to the exported folder and all needed subfolders and files.

The option "insecure" is needed so that a non root user can access nfs at all (since on ios everything is executed with the user "mobile" which is not root - you will need the insecure option).

This instructions are for a linux nfs server. Remember Access rights are these you give in the filesystem.

Without all_squash you have to add a user with the same userid as the user "mobile" on the ios (its id 501). Then everything is mapped to this user and the user with uid 501 has to have the needed access rights on the filesystem (you should name the user on the nfs server "mobile" aswell for not getting confused).

- orons - 2011-06-19

keith Wrote:Hold off on testing NFS. Seems like I might not have compiled it in right.

Also, is anyone else having remote mysql database issues?

I have a MBP running latest nightly(6/16) of XBMC OSX w/ remote mysql fine, but the atv2 wont use its same advancedsettings.xml, crashed on startup, xbmc.log says nothing interesting..

Also doesn't look like the broken addon problem went away.

Anyone else have this issue?

I have the same issue

- Tenny - 2011-06-19

So I am trying to switch to NFS and I'm running PRE-11.0 GIT:20110618-eedceeb ( compiled 18 jun 2011 ).

I got NFS working, but all my library is set in SMB, so I edited the sources.xml and just changed the directories from smb://TENTOP/HDMovies/ to nfs://192.168.1.15/media/HDMovies/HDMovies. I also deleted the passwords.xml content as I didn't really ever like my pw not being encrypted.

I thought it was working as I "thought" it would... it scanned a new movie and everything was doing awesome... then I tried to play an old movie and it said it wasn't there. So I checked xbmc.log to see what was going on and noticed this:

Code:
09:09:38 T:156241920 M:128098304   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://TENTOP/HDMovies/Movie
09:09:38 T:156241920 M:128098304   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://TENTOP/HDMovies/Movie'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
09:09:38 T:156241920 M:128098304   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://TENTOP/HDMovies/Movie/
09:09:38 T:156241920 M:128098304   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://TENTOP/HDMovies/Movie/' as it's empty or doesn't exist - adding to clean list
09:09:38 T:156241920 M:128098304   ERROR: Load - Unable to load: special://profile/passwords.xml, Line 0
                                            Error document empty.
09:09:39 T:156241920 M:127807488   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.

So my thoughts are that the db is remembering the whole url, not just the last part of the path. Is there anyway to change this so that I can keep my "watched" list?

- lixer - 2011-06-19

I installed the latest nightly on my IPad and it crashes at launch.

XBMC: Latest Keith release
IPad IOS: 4.3.3

Here is the Syslog
Here is the CrashReporter Log

- keith - 2011-06-19

lixer Wrote:I installed the latest nightly on my IPad and it crashes at launch.

Two most common things this is: Permission issues related to unclean uninstall or bad jailbreak that doesn't fully unlock the device.
So in Cydia uninstall xbmc entirely. Install the official version from the repos. Verify it works. uninstall it. install xbmc.

You shouldnt have to go thru it, but stuff gets stuck sometime.

If that doesn't work, what'd you use to Jailbreak?

- haffi - 2011-06-19

The scrappers error was related to my proxy so that seams to be fixed, however , I use remote thumbnails and advancedsettings.xml to replace the masterprofile to an nfs , and its trying to create the Thumbsdir again and again, on every scan , then continues.

See log

EDITED: http://pastebin.com/wTeWR8xL

haffi Wrote:NFS works good for me now Smile although I am seeing XBMC restarting after a while, still debugin it, does not seam related to NFS, also Scrappers and other addins are still reporting broken.
Running version PRE-11.0 GIT:20110618-eedceeb ( compiled 18 jun 2011 )

- lixer - 2011-06-19

keith Wrote:Two most common things this is: Permission issues related to unclean uninstall or bad jailbreak that doesn't fully unlock the device.
So in Cydia uninstall xbmc entirely. Install the official version from the repos. Verify it works. uninstall it. install xbmc.

You shouldnt have to go thru it, but stuff gets stuck sometime.

If that doesn't work, what'd you use to Jailbreak?

I used Seas0npass to jailbreak.

I completely uninstalled xbmc in cydia and installed the official repo version. Official repo version works.

XBMC still crashes at launch after I completely uninstalled everything and installed the latest version.