Kodi Community Forum
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes) (/showthread.php?tid=97246)

- Tenny - 2011-06-25

Memphiz Wrote:@Tenny ignore the nfs errors ... this a false errors which shouldn't appear the next time i pit my current nfs work into trunk

for the crash it seems the appletv frontrow software itself crashed ... we would need the syslog to verify that...

i bet it is a scraping issue with out of memory crash...

Ok, here's the syslog:
http://pastebin.com/mKrUgihD

- Memphiz - 2011-06-26

Tenny Wrote:Ok, here's the syslog:
http://pastebin.com/mKrUgihD

uhhh double free of pointer ... and of the crashlog this happens Inside apple stuff ... very strange ... don't have time to have a nearer look now Sad ... but hopefully later ... thx for the logs

- haffi - 2011-06-26

Memphiz Wrote:thats normal - same messages where there with smb too ... the error just says that it failed to create the dir because it is already there ... will look into this some day and check before creating the dirs for not spamming the log.

For your streaming problem with nfs i need a log ... haven't experienced anything like that ... and i use nfs since 4weeks or so ...

Ps: as i see in your log you seem to use 2 different nfs servers ... one for thumbnails and one for the media? This could lead to problems then ... consider this as a known problem and try using only one nfs server by now...

Hi memphis and thanks for the feedback, I didnt post any logs since I did not see anything that could be telling us something in the logs at all. my Thumbs are on sepperate server cause I have two media server. Problem is with both of them , when I switch my sources.xml back to ftp sources I dont have problems any more. I have linux mashines useing NFS ( although through the normal NFS mounting way ) and they have no problems streaming through the NFS. Do you know if this NFS is now also in Linux Build so I can move my sources.xml around to a linux maschine and try to run it there ?

- Memphiz - 2011-06-27

It isn't in the linux build right know because the buildsys of libnfs has to be refactored (you could only add it by just compiling xbmc for linux by yourself). No ETA.

And you can't compare mounting an nfs share under linux with the integrated nfs client. These are 2 totally different implementations of NFS.

So as is said. For now keep the thumbnails and the media on the same NFS server or use another protocol for one of both (e.x. thumbnails - ftp server1 , movies nfs server2 or somethinge like that)

- Majestic - 2011-06-27

Can please somebody tell me wich version is better: the keith 18.06. or the new official. Wich one should I take? Is in the 10.0.9 allready the horizontal Menu?

- emkay - 2011-06-27

New is always better! (Barney Stinson).

No, just kidding: The official one is exactly like keiths nightly builds built from trunk - so the only difference is, that the official one is a "newer nightly". And yes, the -9 has the new horizontal menu.

EmKay

- Ned Scott - 2011-06-27

Majestic Wrote:Can please somebody tell me wich version is better: the keith 18.06. or the new official. Wich one should I take? Is in the 10.0.9 allready the horizontal Menu?

Official and Keith builds come from the same code, so just go with the newer (which at the time of this post is Official 10.0-9). Both have the horizontal menu, but if you don't like it you can manually install the vertical version ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102558 )

- JordiMayor - 2011-06-27

A single question Keith: how many time for a new release on the atv2??
Last one is 18th June, isn't it?.
We've a bug in mp3 playback and so on...

And, of course, thank you very much for your work... I really appreciate it.

- emkay - 2011-06-28

Keith is doing his builds on a feel good basis. There is no real schedule. Until the next nightly use the official 10.0-9, which is built from the same source, but newer (wich means it's a newer nightly ;-)).
Other than that: live with the update interval keith is providing or build your own nightlies ;-)

EmKay

- guesswho - 2011-06-28

Hi there from Germany (and sorry for my bad English in advance)...

I bought my ATV2 about 2 weeks ago, did the jailbreak with Seas0nPass and first installed the official version of XBMC. But that didn't work because of the actual firmware (no stream, no file was played at all).
Notice: I stream most of the content from my NAS using SMB.

So I installed a nightly build (June 14th version) and later updated it with the version of June 18th.

First of all the navigation/skin looks great. But i'm having some issues with the nightly builds:

- most of the addons are marked as broken.
- every once in a while XBMC crashes, even if i don't do anything (returns to apple screen)...
- audio files are paused at the first second of playback. i have to go to the left menu, hit the pause button and then the play button to start playback. once the playback has started i can play another song by just clicking on it
- the play/pause button causes freezes of the ATV2 sometimes while audio playback, I have to disconnect the ATV2 from power then and have to restart all
- HD video files are playing very poor and slow (720p and above)
- preview pictures of video files coded in mpg are not generated/shown
- XBMC often crashes while playing video files regardless of codec used

One question at last: how can i install the the official 10.0-9?
I'm absolutely new to this, maybe someone can post the command lines which I have to put in putty...

Greetings from Germany, XBMC is great works, guys!

guesswho

- junkiepilot - 2011-06-28

guesswho Wrote:One question at last: how can i install the the official 10.0-9?
I'm absolutely new to this, maybe someone can post the command lines which I have to put in putty...

Greetings from Germany, XBMC is great works, guys!

guesswho

ssh to the atv2 then run the following commands...

wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm.deb

dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm.deb

rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm.deb

or upgrade via NitoTV

- rickrude - 2011-06-28

guesswho Wrote:- every once in a while XBMC crashes, even if i don't do anything (returns to apple screen)...

XBMC will crash if ATV prompts for an update. You will need to disable updates by editing /etc/hosts file - there is an app you can install in NitoTV to stop them. I believe it is in the FAQ.

The guys here will want to know what version of ios you are running too.

- groenbek - 2011-06-28

100% same issue here.

i've tried to excecute same commands but with v. 10.1, 7, 9 and latest atv2.deb. Same result - in system info it says pre 11 darwin (beta).

Problems: very poor performance from nas, crash during and not during video (usually HD), high cpu ussage (result in periodic slow menu), errors when playing video files (usually HD - mkv or iso) and of cause fanart not working.

Does it require log file to help?

Also, thx from here (used to be a VERY happy xbmc user on HTPC but now not so happy newborn ATV2 user) :-)

- pandreas21 - 2011-06-28

Groenbek, give it some time. Everything is in a state of flux at the moment. I am sure the end result will compensate you. Laugh

- guesswho - 2011-06-28

rickrude Wrote:XBMC will crash if ATV prompts for an update. You will need to disable updates by editing /etc/hosts file - there is an app you can install in NitoTV to stop them. I believe it is in the FAQ.

The guys here will want to know what version of ios you are running too.

My ATV2 is running version 4.2.2 (2203). I disabled updates with some code I found over google (can't remember the page where I found it).

Edit: with the following code I disabled updates (did I do something wrong?):

Block your Apple TV from checking with Apple for iOS updates
$ cp /etc/hosts /etc/hosts.bak
$ echo "127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts
$ echo "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts
$ echo "127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net" >> /etc/hosts