Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

Not working - HwyXingFrog - 2011-06-08

I just did a fresh install and used a previously downloaded .zip file, but It doesn't show any addons anymore.

I also tried to re-download the .zip file and it looks like the server is down.

Is anyone else seeing this?

- HwyXingFrog - 2011-06-08

Ok, just checked today, I guess it's back up again.

ATV2 crashed - kingkoy - 2011-06-12

I just added this so I can watch some local news on CTV and my box reboots when I choose one of the local news streams.

Is this happening with anybody else?

stuck at "retrieved 0 items" - negatiiv - 2011-06-19

So I click on an episode to watch, eg) CTV's Castle, Ep 306, and the popup says

Canada On Demand
Loading directory

Retrieved 0 items

and it just sits there forever until I ssh in and killall AppleTV. Any thoughts?

Running 0.7.4

- htpcero - 2011-06-19

kingkoy Wrote:I just added this so I can watch some local news on CTV and my box reboots when I choose one of the local news streams.

Is this happening with anybody else?

You need a recent XBMC build (PRE-11), and a recent rtpmdump library - check earlier in the thread for instructions.

If on linux, google "xbmc-pvr lars" for a PPA with a very recent build.

Issue with Jon Stewart's "Best Of" in Comedy Network - htpcero - 2011-06-19

Just to report an issue in the Comedy Network / Jon Stewart's daily show stream.

The "Full Episode" streams work just fine.

But when browsing the channel content, and trying to play any (or at least most) of the "Best Of..." selection, the stream will start playing allright, but after a few minutes (from 1 minute to 5 minutes, typically), XBMC will crash.

This is the only scenario that has problems, all other streams of all other channels (and of Comedy Network) work just fine, so perhpas it might be a problem specific to Canada on Demand's script.

I am using: 2:11.0-pvr+odk40-eden~git20110530.615e173-0ubuntu1~ppa+odk40~natty
... on 11.04 / AMD64.
With the latest rtmpdump from SVN: revision 569.

With or without hardware acceleration enabled, the results are the same.

Anybody else experiencing the same issue?

- Torgo Lives! - 2011-06-22

negatiiv Wrote:So I click on an episode to watch, eg) CTV's Castle, Ep 306, and the popup says

Canada On Demand
Loading directory

Retrieved 0 items

and it just sits there forever until I ssh in and killall AppleTV. Any thoughts?

Running 0.7.4

I had the exact same problem as you (I'm using a Mac Mini). It started to give me that issue on every stream I tried after I enabled the "Automatically Play Multiple Clips(SVN 32470+)" option in the Settings menu. I disabled it and now the streams work again. Hope that helps.

- Zyzomys - 2011-06-25

So will there be anyway to stream Women's World Cup Soccer using Canada on Demand? CBC's website will be streaming every game.

- mcleanap - 2011-07-17

Just trying out this plugin. It works great! Lots of selection too. I did notice that Global TV shows are not coming in though. It lists them, but the actual stream to specific episodes are blank.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

- teefer22 - 2011-07-18

mcleanap Wrote:Just trying out this plugin. It works great! Lots of selection too. I did notice that Global TV shows are not coming in though. It lists them, but the actual stream to specific episodes are blank.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

It's a bug. Actually, it was working fabulously but globaltv.com went and changed their website a little and broke the plugin. Andre_pl is the creator and hasn't been around for a while.

I haven't had much of a look at AndrePl's code but I'm quite sure it's over my head. I'm hoping AndrePl is just enjoying the summer and will take another look in the fall/winter.. Just a wild guess..

Reduce resolution - bigdavediode - 2011-07-28

Have you looked at the code at all?

I'm in need of a reduced resolution setting in the configuration like the freecable add in has -- has anyone worked on this at all?

Thanks.

- DLeavy - 2011-07-28

Looks like CTV and The Comedy Network stopped working - anyone else see this?

Tried patching the librtmp to no avail.

- cgraham - 2011-07-28

I'm having an issue with this plugin, where it won't work at all. It used to work, but I installed freecable and updated the librtmp and now none of the streams will work. When I click on one, i get the 'working' pop up and then XBMC freezes.
I know this isn't that useful without a debug log - I'm at work now and will post one when I get home.
I have the problem even if I change the setting about using my librtmp or using the plugins.

- DLeavy - 2011-07-28

I'll have to revise my issue - seems CTV *is* working, but Comedy isn't - this was both before and after I patched librtmp. I tested a few other channels with no issue (aside from Global, which hasn't worked in a while).

- smpn - 2011-08-03

This was great for watching Comedy Network, I hope it is fixed soon Sad