Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

- jbrnd - 2011-11-07

jedix Wrote:Good job on the fix!

I just noticed Showcase also needs the same fix (the "swfvfy=true" parameter). Could you please add that to the git repo as well?

- jedix - 2011-11-08

jbrnd Wrote:I just noticed Showcase also needs the same fix (the "swfvfy=true" parameter). Could you please add that to the git repo as well?

yeah, you are correct.. it's not as easy for this one though. swf_url isn't set, so I think the url parser needs to modified to add it. Maybe I should add something to append based on something set in the class. I'll have a look when I get some more time

- jedix - 2011-11-08

johnsonque Wrote:thanks for the update. but Treehouse TV still not working. if you look into it. thanks.

I think treehouse is in the same boat as citytv.

- jbrnd - 2011-11-08

jedix Wrote:yeah, you are correct.. it's not as easy for this one though. swf_url isn't set, so I think the url parser needs to modified to add it.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I just uncommented the swf_url line for Showcase, added the swfvfy parameter and everything works fine. Before I did that, the stream would cut off after one minute.

- Uknown - 2011-11-08

is it clear?

- xcript - 2011-11-08

Awesome, thanks! Works on my old Xbox running xbmc4xbox v30971.

- johnsonque - 2011-11-08

jedix Wrote:I think treehouse is in the same boat as citytv.

i looked into CTV, i didnt find any where has treehouse!? im confused...

- johnsonque - 2011-11-08

jedix Wrote:I think treehouse is in the same boat as citytv.

I couldn't see cityTV in there for some reason... wat can i doHuh?

- jedix - 2011-11-09

johnsonque Wrote:I couldn't see cityTV in there for some reason... wat can i doHuh?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Treehouse is not going to work any time soon because Adobe added some DRM that broke it. CityTV is also broken in the same manor. I hope that the rtmpdump people come up with a solution.

The DRM doesn't even stop people from saving the streams because they are now just screen capturing, so it's only hurting people who are not looking to keep the shows.

- jedix - 2011-11-09

jbrnd Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean here. I just uncommented the swf_url line for Showcase, added the swfvfy parameter and everything works fine. Before I did that, the stream would cut off after one minute.

Okay, I'll do that. I thought the commented out URL was because it no longer worked, but I guess not.

I was going to add a flag to pass through to where the URL is now constructed and add it as needed, since this is the second channel that needs the flag in this group.

Just tested your fix, and it works. Pushed.

Thanks again!

- stripes - 2011-11-12

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but none of the Global shows work. All of the categories where a video should be show up empty.

I made sure to update RTMPDumb to version 1.4 and enabled the "librtmp is awesome" flag. Is there anything I am missing or should check to get this working?

- teefer22 - 2011-11-12

stripes Wrote:I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but none of the Global shows work. All of the categories where a video should be show up empty.

I made sure to update RTMPDumb to version 1.4 and enabled the "librtmp is awesome" flag. Is there anything I am missing or should check to get this working?

Sounds like you are using the original version of this plugin. Try the one at this location. It has some fixes including a GlobalTV fix:
https://github.com/howlett/plugin.video.canada.on.demand

Click on the zip button to download the whole plugin as a zip file. Delete the canada on demand plugin you already have installed and then extract this new zip file to your "addons" folder.

On windows, the addons folder is located ("yourusername" is the name you used to log into windows):
C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

On AppleTV2, it's located at:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

Hope that helps.

- stripes - 2011-11-12

I will give that a try.

I do use the repository, so I assumed that it would be the current version (a previous post seemed to allude to the repository delivery the most current version).

EDIT: on closer inspection it looks like the repository from the unofficial plugins page is slightly different then the one you just linked.

- jchau - 2011-11-13

So I am new to this and just installed XBMC and the Canada On Demand Plugin. I couldn't get the Global TV shows or the Discovery shows to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. But it looks like RMPT handshake failure

Reading a few pages back and looks like some people update their rtmpdump. How do you do that on Windows 7?

- teefer22 - 2011-11-13

stripes Wrote:I will give that a try.

I do use the repository, so I assumed that it would be the current version (a previous post seemed to allude to the repository delivery the most current version).

EDIT: on closer inspection it looks like the repository from the unofficial plugins page is slightly different then the one you just linked.

Unfortunately the guy who set up the repository isn't around anymore and no one has any way to update it but him. Jedix did some fixes and created a new zip file. That's why the repository version isn't the newest one.