Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

- fpqc - 2012-03-02

renaudtrudel Wrote:Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank jedix and teefer22 for their work on this plugin in the past year. Both andrepl and myself have dropped the ball.

With Eden around the corner, I am willing to have another look at it.

1) The first and most obvious issue is with distribution. Andrepl chose a private server to host the repo and zip file meaning the plugin cannot auto-update without him re-uploading the new zip file. This model obviously doesn't work- i was thinking of hosting the zip file directly on github. Thoughts?

2) I have seen requests for more Franco content and some 'Canadian' US channels. Depending on what platform they use, this could be considered (being franco myself ;-)

I swept though this thread quickly- what are the major outstanding issues?
1) Adobe DRM - which channels are 100% broken until rtmp update?
2) which stream URLs have changed ?

Cheers

Since you ask... I cannot run this plugin because my user folder is named "François" and the plugin does not support unicode characters. Other plugins seem to work fine. Not sure how easy it is for you to fix though. On my side, renaming the user folder is simply too much work and risk.
Thank you!

- springroll - 2012-03-07

Hi - This is a great plug-in for Canadians such as myself. I've gotten a copy of the librtmp that (seems to) work and am using howlett's version of Canada On Demand. Everything I've tried works (including Global, CTV, Discovery) except for CityTV. What are some of the things I should try to get CityTV to work? Thanks in advance!

- brookz - 2012-03-07

If you read a few pages\posts back you will see that CityTV does not work because of the DRM on Adobe.

RE: librtmp & subtitles - DaemonSeed - 2012-03-12

Quote:I'm having no problems with this. Did you update with the howlett version of the plugin? Also you need to switch on "my librtmp is awesome" in the settings. I just tired it now with this setting switched off and it failed to play and crashed XBMC.
FYI while "my librtmp is awesome", works a treat, there is one little tinsy tinsy mega problem for me. Subtitles will not work. I was watching Merlin and successfully loaded in the subtitles for it, started out great until it went to the second clip in the episode then just replayed the first clip's subtitles again was very disjointed, no sync, then by the third clip in the episode no subtitles again. This is a PITA, see I'm Deaf and I really do need working subtitles lip reading is a megapain.

/me kicks spacecast & ctv & their mother network owners B#ell. :p

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - anessa - 2012-03-13

Thank you SO much again for this wonderful plugin and to jedix and teefer22 for keeping it going.

I would like to suggest that a list of FAQ is compiled so that it is not necessary to read through the whole thread for basic information. It will also keep you from having to answer the same questions over and over. Things like the download and installation of rtmpdump in windows or linux, setting of "my librtmp is awesome", possible crashing problems with "play multiple clips" setting in some OSs and an updated version of what channels are currently working. I would be willing to compile some of the information but someone with a better understanding would have to look over it for accuracy. Also, the link to the FAQ should be on the original post (first page).

Also, we need a date near the link on the first page so we know if andrepl has updated that posting recently. There really should be access given to jedix and/or teefer so that the original link can be kept updated.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - yeroc1982 - 2012-03-17

How do i update this plugin?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - mikeseth - 2012-03-18

Discovery and some others don't seem to be working. I'm in Toronto. Videos show up but just don't play.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - brookz - 2012-03-19

What doesn't work on Discovery?

I know that Daily Planet works fine

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - anessa - 2012-03-20

mikeseth - read page 37, those suggestions might work for you.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - bsug10 - 2012-03-22

hey guys!

I'm pretty new to the XBMC scene, I've tried on many occasions to use it but just suck! lol
I think I am finally getting the hang of it, but I am a Canadian living in Australia at the moment...so is there any way for me to view this content!!!Huh it would be amazing! I MISS HOME! Sad

help me

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - jrbilodeau - 2012-04-01

you'd probly have to run through a vpn or something like spotify to get past region blocking. to view the content outside of XBMC there a nice plugin for google chrome called stealthy that lets you change your region. I know some people that have canadian netflix account and if they set it to USA they get all the US netflix content.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Ghostdivision - 2012-04-11

Does anyone have terrible audio distortion with cbc hockey night in canada area and after hours playoff prediction? The actual video on cbc works fine. Here is an example of a clip with terrible audio distortion and jittery video in xbmc with this plugin.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/video/#tab=0&id=2221583886

Im also getting dead links on city tv where an xbmc error just says plugin failed.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Ghostdivision - 2012-04-11

Hmm starting to wonder if the issue lies with using xbmc bitstream hd audio patched version.

But one thing i do notice thats so strange, is after i watch a cbc video or specifically after hours hockey night in canada, after one viewing and if i restart xbmc, it cannot be viewed again, it just stops loading and i get this error log where it calls it unplayable item after if i try to watch a video again. I wanted to rewatch a clip on cbc i watched earlier, after an xbmc reboot, the clip will not play again, and you get this in the log.

03:39:44 T:4456 ERROR: rtmp server requested close
03:39:44 T:4456 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmp://cp37429.edgefcs.net/ondemand?ovpfv=2.1.4&auth=daFdRa8d0czdAd_bjaZc_arbDbzc9dodEbk-bpHu.N-b4-okl_Ess1AmFpGAw&aifp=v0001&slist=netstorage playpath=netstorage/IHWintonight?auth=daFdRa8d0czdAd_bjaZc_arbDbzc9dodEbk-bpHu.N-b4-okl_Ess1AmFpGAw&aifp=v0001&slist=netstorage]
03:39:44 T:4456 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
03:39:44 T:4456 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
03:39:44 T:4652 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Plot=Mark+Messier%27s+legendary+promise+to+New+York.&Thumb=http%3A%2F%2Fthumbnails.cbc.ca%2Fmaven_legacy%2Fthumbnails%2FIHWintonight_220x124_2219703126.jpg&remote_PID=ibrTUIOuuojPDDZVYwKcBAFwApXAW2pZ&Title=We%27ll+Win+Tonight&clip_url=rtmp%3A%2F%2Fcp37429.edgefcs.net%2Fondemand%2Fnetstorage%2FIHWintonight.flv%3Fauth%3DdaFdRa8d0czdAd_bjaZc_arbDbzc9dodEbk-bpHu.N-b4-okl_Ess1AmFpGAw%26aifp%3Dv0001%26slist%3Dnetstorage&entry_id=2219730679&channel=cbc&action=play&bitrate=488&remote_url=http%3A%2F%2Frelease.theplatform.com%2Fcontent.select%3Fpid%3DibrTUIOuuojPDDZVYwKcBAFwApXAW2pZ%26UserName%3DUnknown%26Embedded%3DTrue%26Portal%3DAll%2520Content%26Tracking%3DTrue&Icon=http%3A%2F%2Fthumbnails.cbc.ca%2Fmaven_legacy%2Fthumbnails%2FIHWintonight_220x124_2219703126.jpg]
03:39:45 T:4652 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
03:39:45 T:4652 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
03:39:45 T:4652 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - zxarr - 2012-04-11

Is this plugin still being actively worked on? I know andre_pl isn't working on it anymore, what about howlett's page on GitHub? Last update was Nov 2011.

Anyone have any idea?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Ghostdivision - 2012-04-13

Yea i would love if this program could somehow be active yet, its my favorite plugin...there were so many people working on it now none.