Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - roach9 - 2013-11-02

Any download links? Ones on first page don't work... :S

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - mr.bigglseworth - 2013-11-12

Try this link to the 0.8.5 updated version from the repo https://github.com/irfancharania/canada.on.demand.repo
or direct link to the file:
https://github.com/irfancharania/canada.on.demand.repo/blob/master/zips/plugin.video.canada.on.demand/plugin.video.canada.on.demand-0.8.5.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - ndtuan - 2013-11-12

I live in US how can set it up to watch these Canada channels? I got the message said this connection is not available in your area.. Thank you for your help.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - RoShFe - 2013-11-15

CBC is working great now - thanks! Is anyone else noticing probems with Global shows such as Elementary? The web site has episodes listed but nothing in XBMC Huh

[edit] So - I read back further in the thread history and found that this is a known issue. Hopefully a solution can be found soon. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - dieselboy27 - 2013-11-17

I downloaded the new repo and when I try to install it says that it does not have the correct structure.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - pdops - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-17, 01:30)dieselboy27 Wrote: I downloaded the new repo and when I try to install it says that it does not have the correct structure.
I had the same problem with those links in the post by mr.bigglseworth. The links in the original post (link) by icharania worked for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - dmdsoftware - 2013-11-20

CTV redid their site with some Bell-Crap. I assume, without even opening the plugin, that the CTV channels in the plugin are going to be toast

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - xbtoast - 2013-11-20

They seem to be systematically moving towards locking down their streams and making it harder and harder to scrape their sites. I figure they are two steps away from charging to access streams. If you look at the rules to access content now, you have to have a subscription to "specified" tv content service providers. Oddly, I don't have cable tv, only shaw internet and that seems to work and it only worked after I upgraded my flash player to version 11. Before that, I got zilch, but not before I sent CTV a strongly worded email admonishing them for their nonsense CTV Go service, which nobody asked them for. For now CTV is totally screwed in this plug in and I have to go to their site for the two crummy programmes they have that make me laugh and jump through 15 hoops, watch 7 commercials and then I get to stream a show.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - klingklang - 2013-11-20

Has anyone noticed that TSN has not updated their CFL on Demand games since week 17. I am preying they will have the Grey Cup on demand.
Does anyone know what's going on. Have they stopped showing CFL Games online on demand?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - teefer22 - 2013-11-20

(2013-11-20, 18:41)klingklang Wrote: Has anyone noticed that TSN has not updated their CFL on Demand games since week 17. I am preying they will have the Grey Cup on demand.
Does anyone know what's going on. Have they stopped showing CFL Games online on demand?

Yes, i've noticed. I believe most of the TSN code in the COD plugin is from my video.tsn.ca plugin. I've been holding out on making any updates to my video.tsn.ca plugin for a while now. About a month or more ago the video.tsn.ca website stopped getting any updates at all. Then a few weeks ago it started slowly getting updated again and the section i use the most (NHL-latest) seems to be getting regular updates again. But i've noticed that the games on demand isn't being updated. The plugin is showing everything from video.tsn.ca just like it always has. The problem is that video.tsn.ca isn't getting updated all that well anymore. In fact, when you go to tsn.ca and click on video, you don't get linked to video.tsn.ca anymore at all, you get clips and videos that are embedded in the tsn.ca website.

Unlike some of the plugin developers, it takes me a lot of time to figure out how to build/update these plugins because i'm not nearly as good at it as some people on these forums are. And given the huge change that ctv.ca just made (ctv owns tsn), i'm going to hold off a little longer before making any updates to my plugin.

There also seems to be less content on tsn.ca/videohub than there is on video.tsn.ca. The CFL games on demand is a perfect example, on video.tsn.ca every CFL game from week 1 to week 17 is there. But on tsn.ca/videohub, it has only the eastern final and the western final.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - klingklang - 2013-11-21

tsn.ca/videohub only has hilites. The video.tsn.ca is no longer being updated. I know this has nothing to do with your add on it is an issue at TSN. It is such a bummer for me as I live in Asia and time zones don't allow me to watch the CFL games live.
I am gonna be really upset if tsn don't put the Grey Cup game online on demand as my beloved Tiger-Cats are in the game for the first time since 1999.
I wonder why TSN stopped putting the games online, they had been doing it for years and I really depended on it. Maybe it has something to do with the CTV changes you mentioned.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - vijayk416 - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-17, 02:25)pdops Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 01:30)dieselboy27 Wrote: I downloaded the new repo and when I try to install it says that it does not have the correct structure.
I had the same problem with those links in the post by mr.bigglseworth. The links in the original post (link) by icharania worked for me.
I also had the structure problem but the reposted link above sorted things out for me.
Thank you SO MUCH, icharania for getting CBC back up and running!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - verismo - 2013-11-21

so no way to get live news in canada?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - vijayk416 - 2013-11-23

Does anyone have a problem when using the "play multiple clips" setting? When I have it flagged it skips the first clip.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - rm65453 - 2013-11-24

Does anyone know why the young and the restless is not showing up under GlobalTV. the episodes are still available on globaltv's website and am able to stream them online.