Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - ZaPHoN - 2014-03-29

PatK hit the nail right on the head. CBC is quickly being put into corporate (for profit) control that serves an agenda of propaganda.

The question is how long will the mindless sheeple in CANADA allow this to continue.

Start waking up, get involved and support organizations like openmedia.ca leadnow.ca greenparty.ca canadians.org

stop buying your internet access from the real pirates and support indy ISP's

canadianisp.ca teksavvy.com acanac.ca

If you can't contribute to projects that support XBMC then cut the cable, stop watching the propaganda, support organizations that are trying to level the playing field which will allow great projects like XBMC and all the addons to have a reason to live.

Remember - NOT DOING ANYTHING IS A CHOICE. NOBODY HAS A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN IN THE FUTURE WHEN WE ALL HAD A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - gambitz - 2014-03-29

(2014-03-09, 16:47)gambitz Wrote: Anybody have CC or subtitles working with this addon? NONE of the shows have cc working.

as a matter of fact, hgtv.ca have closed captioning which is quite cool because it is exact like what you see on TV - Closed Captioning is better than subtitles.

Anyways, please let me know how to get this working and hopefully in the same style as I am used to on hgtv.ca

So nobody uses subtitles/CC?? I cant get it to work. Subtitles are enabled every where I see it in settings.
Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - RaVeNV1 - 2014-04-06

(2014-03-29, 19:00)gambitz Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 16:47)gambitz Wrote: Anybody have CC or subtitles working with this addon? NONE of the shows have cc working.

as a matter of fact, hgtv.ca have closed captioning which is quite cool because it is exact like what you see on TV - Closed Captioning is better than subtitles.

Anyways, please let me know how to get this working and hopefully in the same style as I am used to on hgtv.ca

So nobody uses subtitles/CC?? I cant get it to work. Subtitles are enabled every where I see it in settings.
Thanks.

You're not alone.
I would also love to see subtitle/CC-support in CoD.

But I'm not familiar with Python or coding at all, so i don't know, how much work it would be.

I think it would be much appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - islandgirl - 2014-04-08

Hello all
I am brand new to this so bear with me. Thank you to the one person that replied to my post which I think I put in the wrong place....

I'm looking for help with ctv which is on Canada on demand. I am getting all channels on cod except ctv. I get message saying script error plug in Canada on demand master. I have version 0.8.6. I paid for a jailbreak but I can download urls if I have the addresses. Can someone tell me if I have Arnold version and where I can find the newer one? Thanks to all

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - pdops - 2014-04-08

islandgirl I've only run COD on RaspbMC so don't know if this is relevant for you but try installing the repository as detailed in this post (link) by icharania

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - islandgirl - 2014-04-08

thank you for reaching out to me from alberta
any idea where else i can stream ctv and/or city tv from torontoHuh?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - 3CupsOfCoffee - 2014-04-15

Just a heads-up to everyone. The Comedy Network changed their website. You might get errors.

*Edit* So has Space. spacecast.com is now space.ca. Go BellMedia, go

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - comfox1 - 2014-04-18

So I just upgraded to Gotham Beta 3 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this working.

I have installed from repo, I have installed from a zip file and no matter which one I use I keep getting the following two problems and NO shows work

1. I keep being told there is an update available...when I try to do the update I am told dependencies are wrong.

2. When I try to start a show I get the following error.
Remote Share
Could not connect to network server

and then below it I get

error
Script failed! Canada on Demand

Any thoughts?

Code:
13:23:28 T:5424  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:23:29 T:5856   ERROR: DEBUG:root:get_categories cats=[{'Plot': u'', 'force_cache_update': False, 'Thumb': u'', 'Title': u'Shows', 'entry_id': 1437181277, 'action': 'browse', 'channel': 'global', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Theatre\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\\resources\\images\\channels\\global.png'}, {'Plot': u'', 'force_cache_update': False, 'Thumb': u'', 'Title': u'Fall Schedule', 'entry_id': 2041410572, 'action': 'browse', 'channel': 'global', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Theatre\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\\resources\\images\\channels\\global.png'}, {'Plot': u'', 'force_cache_update': False, 'Thumb': u'', 'Title': u'Summer', 'entry_id': 2394534963L, 'action': 'browse', 'channel': 'global', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Theatre\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\\resources\\images\\channels\\global.png'}, {'Plot': u'', 'force_cache_update': False, 'Thumb': u'', 'Title': u'Specials', 'entry_id': 1467899000, 'action': 'browse', 'channel': 'global', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Theatre\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\\resources\\images\\channels\\global.png'}]
13:23:29 T:5856  NOTICE: .
13:23:29 T:5536  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:23:30 T:5496  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:23:30 T:5496  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:23:31 T:5496   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: need more than 1 value to unpack
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\default.py", line 498, in <module>
                                                plugin = OnDemandPlugin(*sys.argv)
                                              File "C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\default.py", line 488, in __init__
                                                items = urldecode(self.querystring)
                                              File "C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\utils.py", line 311, in urldecode
                                                k,v = map(urllib.unquote_plus, s.split('='))
                                            ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:23:31 T:2948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Shows&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=1437181277&force_cache_update=False
13:23:31 T:2948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Shows&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=1437181277&force_cache_update=False) failed
13:23:31 T:5480  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:27:21 T:4208  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:27:21 T:4208  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:27:22 T:4208   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\default.py", line 498, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\default.py", line 488, in __init__
                                              File "C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\utils.py", line 311, in urldecode
13:27:22 T:2948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False
13:27:22 T:2948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False) failed
13:27:22 T:5564  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:27:33 T:5720  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:27:34 T:5720  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:27:34 T:5720   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
13:27:34 T:2948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False
13:27:34 T:2948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False) failed
13:27:34 T:4212  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:28:26 T:5976  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### upgrading DB from version 3 to 5
13:28:40 T:2948   ERROR: Unable to create file special://temp/screenshot005.png
13:28:42 T:2220  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:28:42 T:2220  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:28:43 T:2220   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
13:28:43 T:2948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False
13:28:43 T:2948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False) failed
13:28:43 T:4580  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - mr_raider - 2014-04-18

Anyone can get the COmedy Network channel to work? I get a could not connect to server error all the time. CBC and some other cchannels seem to work.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - allan87 - 2014-04-19

Several channels are broken - Comedy, BNN, Space...

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Warner306 - 2014-04-20

(2014-04-18, 19:29)comfox1 Wrote: So I just upgraded to Gotham Beta 3 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this working.

I have installed from repo, I have installed from a zip file and no matter which one I use I keep getting the following two problems and NO shows work

1. I keep being told there is an update available...when I try to do the update I am told dependencies are wrong.

2. When I try to start a show I get the following error.
Remote Share
Could not connect to network server

and then below it I get

error
Script failed! Canada on Demand

Any thoughts?

Code:
13:23:28 T:5424  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:23:29 T:5856   ERROR: DEBUG:root:get_categories cats=[{'Plot': u'', 'force_cache_update': False, 'Thumb': u'', 'Title': u'Shows', 'entry_id': 1437181277, 'action': 'browse', 'channel': 'global', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Theatre\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\\resources\\images\\channels\\global.png'}, {'Plot': u'', 'force_cache_update': False, 'Thumb': u'', 'Title': u'Fall Schedule', 'entry_id': 2041410572, 'action': 'browse', 'channel': 'global', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Theatre\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\\resources\\images\\channels\\global.png'}, {'Plot': u'', 'force_cache_update': False, 'Thumb': u'', 'Title': u'Summer', 'entry_id': 2394534963L, 'action': 'browse', 'channel': 'global', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Theatre\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\\resources\\images\\channels\\global.png'}, {'Plot': u'', 'force_cache_update': False, 'Thumb': u'', 'Title': u'Specials', 'entry_id': 1467899000, 'action': 'browse', 'channel': 'global', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Theatre\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand-master\\resources\\images\\channels\\global.png'}]
13:23:29 T:5856  NOTICE: .
13:23:29 T:5536  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:23:30 T:5496  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:23:30 T:5496  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:23:31 T:5496   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
13:23:31 T:2948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Shows&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=1437181277&force_cache_update=False
13:23:31 T:2948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Shows&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=1437181277&force_cache_update=False) failed
13:23:31 T:5480  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:27:21 T:4208  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:27:21 T:4208  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:27:22 T:4208   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
13:27:22 T:2948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False
13:27:22 T:2948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False) failed
13:27:22 T:5564  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:27:33 T:5720  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:27:34 T:5720  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:27:34 T:5720   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
13:27:34 T:2948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False
13:27:34 T:2948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False) failed
13:27:34 T:4212  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:28:26 T:5976  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### upgrading DB from version 3 to 5
13:28:40 T:2948   ERROR: Unable to create file special://temp/screenshot005.png
13:28:42 T:2220  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:28:42 T:2220  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:28:43 T:2220   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
13:28:43 T:2948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False
13:28:43 T:2948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Icon=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTheatre%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.canada.on.demand-master%5cresources%5cimages%5cchannels%5cglobal.png&Plot&Thumb&Title=Summer&action=browse&channel=global&entry_id=2394534963&force_cache_update=False) failed
13:28:43 T:4580  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I was told the Install from Zip will fail because this plugin still supports Eden. You need to get a hold of the actual plugin from the official repo (see link below), manually un-zip the file and place it in your addons folder.

So, annoying as it sounds, currently updates must be completed manually as the repo version will not update itself.

(2014-03-23, 18:14)PatK Wrote:
(2014-03-19, 23:59)Warner306 Wrote: I have previously been using the marius-muja github zipfiles to update, but tried installing the repo instead. After installation, it says an update is available from the repo (0.8.6) but will not update - "Dependencies not met" is the issue. Any suggestions?

This is Gotham Beta 2, by the way.
Follow this link https://github.com/marius-muja/plugin.video.canada.on.demand install from zip

The link above is where I found my working copy of this plugin. Unzip and install manually.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Warner306 - 2014-04-23

Is there any way you can remove support for Eden so the official repo will update the plugin automatically? An update is perpetually available, but cannot be installed. It's a pain to have to continually revisit the Git for an update when the system is designed to be automated.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - smpn - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-19, 23:23)allan87 Wrote: Several channels are broken - Comedy, BNN, Space...

Darn... I hope this can be fixed, I need my Daily Show/Colbert fix....

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - mr_raider - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 04:32)smpn Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 23:23)allan87 Wrote: Several channels are broken - Comedy, BNN, Space...

Sheeeet... You and me both. I can still record Stewart on CTV, but Bell screwed the pooch when they moved Colbert to some 2 bit cable channel.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - smpn - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 05:35)mr_raider Wrote:
(2014-04-26, 04:32)smpn Wrote:

Sheeeet... You and me both. I can still record Stewart on CTV, but Bell screwed the pooch when they moved Colbert to some 2 bit cable channel.

I know rightHuh? You can't have one without the other! It's going to be weird when Letterman retires!

It seems that the new Comedy Central app for iOS will play TDS and Colbert on my iPad here in Canada, and they say Airplay support is coming... I had to sign in but it didn't do any verification of my "US cable provider" I just clicked anything... but then again I use the US iTunes store so that might have something to do with it.....