Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

- moosenoz - 2011-04-06

what's all this librtmp and rtmp mubo jumbo? and why is it stopping my daughter from watching family.ca Big Grin

but seriously, i noticed it's now gone from the channel list, will family.ca eventually be part of the c.o.d. line-up?

- renaudtrudel - 2011-04-06

it's not gone, just hidden.
set the quality threshold to "bad" in the settings, but expect some failures to start, timeouts or other strange behaviour until librtmp is updated.

- andre_pl - 2011-04-06

moosenoz Wrote:what's all this librtmp and rtmp mubo jumbo? and why is it stopping my daughter from watching family.ca Big Grin

but seriously, i noticed it's now gone from the channel list, will family.ca eventually be part of the c.o.d. line-up?

The short version is this: The 'stable' version of librtmp (the library that allows XBMC to stream video) doesn't support rtmpe very well, and family.ca requires rtmpe.

Family.ca is included in the plugin, and it actually works quite well when you have a good version of librtmp (The Featured Video's section is broken actually, but I can probably fix that Tongue). If you're running XBMC on linux there's some good info in this thread on getting it working. for windows/os x I think you're on your own until someone steps up and tries it out.

- moosenoz - 2011-04-06

thanks both for elaborating and for the replies.
i'm running xbmc on windows so i guess i won't be watching family.ca anytime soon...

keep up the good work. just made a small donation to the project. hope it helps out.

cheers
Mark

- SimonMTL - 2011-04-07

Scrubbing: I'm having a really, really hard time with fast forward scrubbing on the streams. Might not seem like much, but it can be a big problem.

For example, I didn't hear something at the end of Celebrity Apprentice the other day, so I pressed rewind. Big mistake, the whole thing froze up, and abandoned. And of course, there is NO way to fast forward to the end of a 1h30m show that is streaming when pressing the arrow just barely goes forward 30 seconds on a stream.

Other example, Global TV has movies. If you dont watch it in one go, you're screwed because you can't go back to it later on and continue from where you left off.

Any way to make it more user friendlyHuh

PS: this of course on the ATV2 which has a small remote and only allows ffwd-rwd by 30 seconds increments...

- teefer22 - 2011-04-08

SimonMTL Wrote:Scrubbing: I'm having a really, really hard time with fast forward scrubbing on the streams. Might not seem like much, but it can be a big problem.

For example, I didn't hear something at the end of Celebrity Apprentice the other day, so I pressed rewind. Big mistake, the whole thing froze up, and abandoned. And of course, there is NO way to fast forward to the end of a 1h30m show that is streaming when pressing the arrow just barely goes forward 30 seconds on a stream.

Other example, Global TV has movies. If you dont watch it in one go, you're screwed because you can't go back to it later on and continue from where you left off.

Any way to make it more user friendlyHuh

PS: this of course on the ATV2 which has a small remote and only allows ffwd-rwd by 30 seconds increments...

Hey SimonMTL, have a look at this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93221

It talks about remapping the up and down arrows on the atv2 remote so that pressing Up on the remote skips forward a 10 minute increment and down rewinds 10 minutes.

(Note: if the clip is less than 10 minutes long then I think it goes 10% at a time or something)

Hope that helps.

- SimonMTL - 2011-04-08

teefer22 Wrote:Hey SimonMTL, have a look at this post:

Hope that helps.

For those of you who have an ATV2, here is what you need to do to add 10 minutes increment in FastForward or Rewind, by remapping the UP and DOWN buttons on your remote:

Create a text file called joystick.AppleRemote.xml with the following:

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<joystick name="AppleRemote">
<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
<button id="3">StepBack</button>
<button id="4">StepForward</button>
<button id="5">OSD</button>
<button id="6">Stop</button>
<button id="7">Pause</button>
</joystick>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Save it by SSH on your ATV2 at this directory:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

That's it! And it'll save you a world of trouble!!!

- lansing - 2011-04-09

SimonMTL Wrote:For example, I didn't hear something at the end of Celebrity Apprentice the other day, so I pressed rewind. Big mistake, the whole thing froze up, and abandoned. And of course, there is NO way to fast forward to the end of a 1h30m show that is streaming when pressing the arrow just barely goes forward 30 seconds on a stream.

I was having the same issues to start. What I have started doing is typing in the time with my remote and skipping to where I want it to go. So, if I missed the last few minutes I could go back to 55.00 for example and it will play from 55 minutes in. I imagine the ATV2 remote has number buttons on it?

EDIT: Oh, i just google imaged it.... no number buttons it seems... Any other remotes work on the ATV2? Not sure if normal MCE remote is supported when XBMC is installed onto it?

You could try that.

- cgravelle - 2011-04-09

SimonMTL Wrote:PS: this of course on the ATV2 which has a small remote and only allows ffwd-rwd by 30 seconds increments...

Just out of curiosity, I am assuming this is on an ATV2 nightly build and not the stable release. If so, is there a particular nightly that you might recommend that works well? I have tried a couple but always found little issues that forced me back to stable. Any input would be appreciated as I am about to cut my cable (putting up an antenna) and this plugin would appease the wife.

- SimonMTL - 2011-04-09

cgravelle Wrote:Just out of curiosity, I am assuming this is on an ATV2 nightly build

I don't do nightly builds. I'm not a nerd. Tongue

- jterpstr - 2011-04-09

Anyone able to figure out how to use this Addon to stream TSN live Masters coverage?

- htpcero - 2011-04-11

Thank you for this! been waiting for canadian content support for a while.

Hoping RTMPE can be improved by the xbmc devs to get CBC to work at some point

- atvuser - 2011-04-11

I'm using ATV2 and I'm unable to play anything from CTV or Global. I checked the logs and it seems to always fail with this line:

20:46:39 T:134959104 M: 88285184 WARNING: HandShake: Server not genuine Adobe!
20:46:39 T:134959104 M: 88285184 ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.

I've seen RTMP mentioned above, am I to assume that it is not currently functioning correctly on ATV2, or am I missing the correct version of a dependecy?

- htpcero - 2011-04-11

bolverk Wrote:It looks like at least as of 10.1 (Dharma) that XBMC can load an external librtmp.so to fetch the rtmp[et]? streams.

This is good news, because recently, the rtmpdump team added something to librtmp that makes it work on those servers that previously wanted handshake type 9 (even though librtmp still only supports up to type 8 and really wants to use type 6). We can use this to make these streams work in the COD plugin. That fixes parts of The Comedy Network, and makes Much Music and Family.ca work immediately. It also opens the door for future Brightcove channels (like CityTV).

Here's how you make it work:

1. Remove your existing librtmp/rtmpdump
    On Ubuntu and Debian, this is accomplished with:
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get remove rtmpdump
  2. Install any development headers you need.
    On my HTPC, I was just missing libssl-dev:
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
  3. You may need to install subversion
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install subversion
  4. Download the latest svn rtmpdump.
    Code:
    $ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/rtmpdump/trunk rtmpdump
  5. Build and install rtmpdump
    Code:
    $ cd rtmpdump && make && sudo make install
  6. Re-cache library information.
    Code:
    $ sudo ldconfig
  7. Restart XBMC.
  8. Don't forget to go in to the plugin settings for COD and set the worst to show as "Bad" - they work now!

You're done. Go enjoy the Much Music and family.ca channels in your Canada on Demand plugin!

-Dan

Is this working for anyone? I could compile & install (ldconfig) the latest librtmp however trying to play anything in CBC (e.g. the national) just crashes XBMC. Other streams that were working before, are still working.

Just to be sure that I am using the compiled librtmp, I moved the original one out of /usr/lib (it was: /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0)

- andre_pl - 2011-04-11

htpcero Wrote:Is this working for anyone? I could compile & install (ldconfig) the latest librtmp however trying to play anything in CBC (e.g. the national) just crashes XBMC. Other streams that were working before, are still working.

Just to be sure that I am using the compiled librtmp, I moved the original one out of /usr/lib (it was: /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0)

I'm running it on my HTPC with no problems, but my XBMC is compiled from source. do you have a recent xbmc build? you might want to try getting a new build from either the PPA or compiling it from source.

Dan, the one who posted those instructions had success with a stock 10.1 out of the ubuntu repos.