Kodi Community Forum
Newbie - Question - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Newbie - Question (/showthread.php?tid=97288)

Pages: 1 2

Newbie - Question - dugan26 - 2011-03-20

I took the leap and got rid of my WD Live TV and went for AEON on a PC. To all involved with this forum and Aeon, XBMC - I say Bravo!

I have read all the posts to get me up and running, one thing remains - Im sure those black boxes in this image have data or pictures or something - how do I get them filled in?

Many thanks in advance!

Image[/img]

- ZombieRobot - 2011-03-20

dugan26 Wrote:I took the leap and got rid of my WD Live TV and went for AEON on a PC. To all involved with this forum and Aeon, XBMC - I say Bravo!

I have read all the posts to get me up and running, one thing remains - Im sure those black boxes in this image have data or pictures or something - how do I get them filled in?

Many thanks in advance!

Image[/img]

Hey there you need to download this software its called ember media manager it helps you manage your movies and tv shows fetching fanart and poster art for your movies also you can scrape your movie for extrathumbs they are the little pics that will go in the boxes.

just youtube how to use ember its easy to use once you know whats going on you can find ember here good luck

- dugan26 - 2011-03-21

Hi thanks for the response -

I ran Ember still no luck.
What actually goes into those boxes? fan art pics?

Is there a way to just get rid of the boxes?

Thanks in advance -

- tcman47 - 2011-03-21

yeah, run ember media manager and set it up to scrape extrathumbs, the config is kind of tricky but it is there. I just did all that and now I am downloading trailers, by selecting the view with 4 little thumbs, you can also play trailers in the middle of them, it's pretty sweet:

click image to enlarge

- dugan26 - 2011-03-22

In Ember - when i got to Scrape Media, All Movies etc ... the "Get Extra Thumbnails" is greyed out ... any ideas?

All other options are good - I scraped a few time using "All Media" but still cannot populate the extra thumbnails ... ideas?

- dugan26 - 2011-03-22

tcman47-

Never mind I got it - works like a champ!

to "un-grey" the get extra thumbnails option was in >settings >movies etc ....

thanks

Hey, on another note what version of Aeon skin is that and what view is it? the one you posted with Alice and the 4 thumbnails ...

looks insanely cool ...

- tcman47 - 2011-03-22

dugan26 Wrote:tcman47-

Never mind I got it - works like a champ!

to "un-grey" the get extra thumbnails option was in >settings >movies etc ....

thanks

Hey, on another note what version of Aeon skin is that and what view is it? the one you posted with Alice and the 4 thumbnails ...

looks insanely cool ...

Skin is Aeon MQ2 and the view is showcase.Wink

Sadly though I am having trouble getting local trailers (in the movie folder) to play in showcase view, windowed mode between the 4 little extrathumbs.

Thought I had it working but most of my local trailers don't play, it's driving me insane.

It appears that local trailers will only play if one hits the "I" key for movie info screen and then hit the trailer button. However it is now not on the same screen as the thumbs and the trailers play full screen, which isn't what I want.

I believe that in the windowed view with the thumbs that trailer button will only work and but available if XBMC when the movie was first scraped, find a matching trailer at HD-trailers.net and then it is streamed.

I am wondering that if in the movies.nfo file, I redirect the trailer location to the local trailer in the movie folder that it when then play via the trailer button in windowed mode in the same screen as the 4 extra thumbs.

If someone could verify this it would make my week. Nod

TC

- dugan26 - 2011-03-22

On the view: hmm odd because I installed Aeon MQ2 and the view was showcase but i didnt get those 4 thumbs like you have - I totally want that (haha) - are there more settings other than just setting up showcase?

thx

- tcman47 - 2011-03-22

dugan26 Wrote:On the view: hmm odd because I installed Aeon MQ2 and the view was showcase but i didnt get those 4 thumbs like you have - I totally want that (haha) - are there more settings other than just setting up showcase?

thx

yes, there is always more settings Laugh

showcase view has the option to toggle between 4 different views on the top part of the screen where the movie info is.

to toggle between showcase views, go to the side menu, and in extra options or thumbnail or something you will find the option to toggle showcase views

they are movie info and poster, movie info and 2 thumbs, movie info and 4 thumbs and movie info and fanart I believe.

exactly where the option is on the side menu I don't know, I am at work right now and wouldn't be able to look until I go home for lunch, which i do everyday considering I work like 2 minutes from my house Smile

- dugan26 - 2011-03-22

fantastic!

Thanks Again!

- oxyris - 2011-03-22

ZombieRobot Wrote:Hey there you need to download this software its called ember media manager it helps you manage your movies and tv shows fetching fanart and poster art for your movies also you can scrape your movie for extrathumbs they are the little pics that will go in the boxes.

[hijack]

just a quick question: is there any reason to scrape your movies/shows with this tool instead of the standard scrapes built in to xbmc?

thanks.

[/hijack]

- tcman47 - 2011-03-22

oxyris Wrote:[hijack]

just a quick question: is there any reason to scrape your movies/shows with this tool instead of the standard scrapes built in to xbmc?

thanks.

[/hijack]

Well some people are picky and prefer fanart that isnt on the scraper site, I have many custom fanart pics all in 1080P that the scraper doesn't find. I also don't think the XBMC does extrathumbs either.

- dugan26 - 2011-03-23

Yea my thing was mainly: the scraper for XBMC wouldnt fill in the "extra thumbnails"

ember worked like a champ -

one last question - i changed the extra thumb nails in ember and went into my source and deleted the ones i didnt want - however XBMC is still displaying the old (some duplicate) extra thumbnails - i did a C/ update library - but still no good - old thumbs - is there a cache I need to reset etc ... ?

thanks again ....

- tcman47 - 2011-03-23

dugan26 Wrote:Yea my thing was mainly: the scraper for XBMC wouldnt fill in the "extra thumbnails"

ember worked like a champ -

one last question - i changed the extra thumb nails in ember and went into my source and deleted the ones i didnt want - however XBMC is still displaying the old (some duplicate) extra thumbnails - i did a C/ update library - but still no good - old thumbs - is there a cache I need to reset etc ... ?

thanks again ....

did you reload or refresh the movie via that option on the movie info page ("I" key)?

TC

- dugan26 - 2011-03-23

i am pretty sure i did but i will double check tonight - I know I did the C and the I under the video option - i am not sure about if i did it in the movies section .. I found this thread - any thoughts to this?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78868&highlight=changing+extra+thumbnails