Kodi Community Forum
Batch re-read NFO files without losing watched etc. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Batch re-read NFO files without losing watched etc. (/showthread.php?tid=97434)

Pages: 1 2 3

Batch re-read NFO files without losing watched etc. - bossanova808 - 2011-03-22

As with a number of other threads, I am frustrated that I can't easily get XBMC to re-scan all my movies/TVs for NFO updates other than either removing and adding the content, or hitting refresh one by one (just too onerous with thousands of library entries).

It would be great if there were some sort of recursive 're-read NFO' function that would grab any changed NFO info (e.g. movie sets etc.) - my various metadata tools (Ember, Sickbeard, Couch Potato and TVRename) all at various times update NFOs and it would be great to have this latest info reflected in XBMC without having add/remove, import/export etc., and while maintaining watched/playcount status as stored in the DB.

I am sure this is more complicated than it looks, but it would be very very handy.

(I am using XBMC as Openelec RC3 with MySQL DB synchronsing the metadate to two machines, and the media and thumbnails are stored/remote mounted on a Windows 7 server).

- farr3ll - 2012-03-04

+1 .. the only way ive found is to reload one by one

- LoL - 2012-03-04

absolutely +1!

- feerlessleadr - 2012-03-04

i too would love a feature like this

- steve1977 - 2012-03-04

would be great!!!

- Eddict - 2012-03-04

+2
would really improve the quality of my life! Big Grin

- KidKiwi - 2012-03-05

Me too! +5

- smiffy1989 - 2012-03-05

I'm sure there is already a method for doing this. Something like changing the content of your source to none and then back to Film (or whatever it is) and then saying yes to refresh info for all.

- bossanova808 - 2012-03-05

Then you lose all your watched statusses.

(and you can't export the library as that overwrite the nfos)

- bigdog66 - 2012-03-05

+1 from me as well

I am constantly tweaking my files so it is a PITA to one remember which shows i tweaked and then have to do each manually

- smiffy1989 - 2012-03-05

bossanova808 Wrote:Then you lose all your watched statusses.

(and you can't export the library as that overwrite the nfos)

I'm sure if you press no when it asks you if you want to remove all items from the database and then press yes when you set the content again it keeps the watched statuses.

Can a developer weigh in here?

- jmarshall - 2012-03-05

As far as I can tell from the code if you:

1. Set content to None.
2. Choose YES to remove content from the library.
3. Set content to Movie.
4. Choose YES to Refresh for path.

It will keep playcount (** see NOTE 3). Reason is that it doesn't touch the files table which holds this info.

NOTES:

1. This will delete bookmarks by the looks (no reason this couldn't be changed, however).
2. The "cleaning" done in step do is DIFFERENT than the cleaning done by "Clean Library". Clean Library removes files that are no longer present on disk.
3. If you have the advanced setting enabled to import watched count and it's present in your nfo file and it's different than what is in your db, then obviously that will override whatever was left in the db.

Sure enough, just tested it and it works fine.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- Phantom_Zone - 2012-03-05

MySQL saves the states...I totally uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch and my play states were still there...

- jmarshall - 2012-03-05

MySQL does nothing of the sort. XBMC does it as stated above.

- Phantom_Zone - 2012-03-05

jmarshall Wrote:MySQL does nothing of the sort. XBMC does it as stated above.

Righto...dear knows how mine were saved then..full uninstall, all traces of XBMC removed from all locations and after reboot, full install and manual add of all libraries, my play states were intact...

edit - on a re-read the play states must be in my nfo files...