Kodi Community Forum
[DEV] LiveOnlineFooty.com - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: [DEV] LiveOnlineFooty.com (/showthread.php?tid=97494)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- ajnicho - 2011-04-13

Didn't realise this was a paid for service. Is it worth it over the free sites available such as footballstreaming.info? Is the quality good?

- mclog - 2011-04-13

Don't know footballstreaming.info, but compared to veetle, sopcast, etc, it's typically better quality and streams are rock-solid stable.

- zuroph - 2011-04-14

this is fantastic, and Im delighted you are developing it and so close to release!
I wonder have you seen http://www.flashsportstreams.com/ though? Its a similarly priced service, but streams more for longer, seems to cover a lot more sports, so might be an even better add on? would it take much to adapt this add on to use this site instead or also?

- ajnicho - 2011-04-14

Just looks like LiveOnlineFooty.com doesnt have a lot of games on. For example, there is only one scheduled for the weekend.

- mclog - 2011-04-14

LOF are just poor at updating their schedule, all the weekend matches will be on, of that I'm sure Smile Had a quick look at flashsportstreams, looks basically the same as LOF, although their schedule info seems to be better maintained. It should be easily plug-in-able, obviously need to sort a subscription first, not promising if I'll look at it Wink

- zuroph - 2011-04-14

Yip its very similar to LOF although theres a few extra things, like the almost 24 hours a day streaming of some stations, and then much more world event stuff covered. I'd be all over LOF if i knew it would have rugby and golf too Smile That seems to be the difference. a mate of mine swears by it anyway, and he's tried LOF too.

- mclog - 2011-04-14

Interesting to know. At least the US Masters was on LOF last week, haven't noticed rugby.

Hmm, I'll take a short subscription later today and see how it looks for making a plugin.

- myksterx - 2011-04-14

if the other site you guys use is similer to this plugin, im sure the code from LOF plugin and be changed easily to use the other websites..

if mclog or someone can donate a user account and login (to look at the code) it would be possible to release the other sites shortly after LOF with abit of code changing!

Version 1.1 Screenshots - myksterx - 2011-04-14

Version 1.1
Added:
  • Site Login & Subscription Check

Screenshots:
Video Addon Entry

Before login details are entered/settings chosen

Settings dialog

Incorrect username/password

Correct username/password allows channel access

Addon information dialog

These screenshots dont show the channel list, but at the moment its simply Channel 1, Channel 2 etc.
The site only allows 6 images per post - but the scheduled version will be added today and will post the better image up

A big thank you to mclog, who has done the login process due to my lack of python understanding (i could have done it, but it would have taken me weeks!)

The script is about to get the "Schedule" implemented into it, then mclog is going to look over the code to ensure the plugin is smooth enough and then look into aspect ratios of streams etc!

Looks like the semi-finals could be on the cards?..

PS. me and mclog have decided before this is released, the people who have been following this thread who would like to have a test just before it is released to check for any problems that may be there (i hope there isn't), if anyone would like to test this out, could you PM me and we will get a list up of people on this thread.

BETA TESTERS LIST: (anyone else wanna go?)
jabba_29
ajnicho
skippa59
nikc0069
belowthewaste
wilbox
tommyj

Cheers!

- myksterx - 2011-04-14

mclog has managed to grab the channel list information and this is a screenshot of it, however not yet have we implemented it into the code which has the working channels.

hopefully have this done for tonight

- myksterx - 2011-04-14

we now have a set of channel thumbnails ready to polish off the script.
i have now sent the script across to mclog who is going to work his magic on implementing the schedule correctly!

- Eldorado - 2011-04-14

Just wondering.. where does LOF pull it's streams from?

Is it from a variety of different streaming sites, compiled into a nice easy to use list on the LOF site? Or do they stream the channels themselves?

- mclog - 2011-04-14

They're doing it themselves

- ajnicho - 2011-04-14

Just bit the bullet and bought a subscription to the site. Always good regardless for my Media Centre, through XBMC would be awesome.

- myksterx - 2011-04-14

can beta testers PM me their email address and i will send them a copy of the plugin for tests.

pitty theres not much on today but the general concept is there and is working fine!