Kodi Community Forum
Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- rossoneri711 - 2011-04-28

dont know if this is the right place to make requests but here it goes..

I really love this skin, but there is one thing that i believe, undermines the elegance of this beautiful skin, and those are the following texts below posrts/info:

Press down for trailer
Press down for info
Press X to stop

I think that adding maybe an image instead of text would suit this skin better.

I am attaching a draft image of this below:

[IMG=http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6692/unled1gm.th.jpg][/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I dont know how you guys feel about this but i believe with some work, that i can do personally, we can create some awesome boxes to place the above mentioned texts over.

Let me know what you think

- Tiny Clanger - 2011-04-28

rossoneri711 Wrote:Press X to stop

...and this one is surely dependent on how you're controlling XBMC, anyway. There's certainly no X button on my Harmony...

Would also be nice if the kerning was better in the font used on the main menu - "FAVOURITES" looks particularly bad with a giant gap between the A and the V. Not sure if the font creator allows third-party modifications, though.

One bug I've found is that the auto-update option for add-ons displays black on black until selected - and changes to it don't seem to register (I had to switch to Confluence to enable auto-updates).

- PatrickBateman - 2011-04-28

Tiny Clanger Wrote:...and this one is surely dependent on how you're controlling XBMC, anyway. There's certainly no X button on my Harmony...

Would also be nice if the kerning was better in the font used on the main menu - "FAVOURITES" looks particularly bad with a giant gap between the A and the V. Not sure if the font creator allows third-party modifications, though.

One bug I've found is that the auto-update option for add-ons displays black on black until selected - and changes to it don't seem to register (I had to switch to Confluence to enable auto-updates).

I agree,
The font is terrible on this skin... It reminds me of comic sans and looks cheap and uncomfortable...

I have tried the international font but that too is bad.. I'd like to see:

A new clean elegant font, similar to cirrus extended.
Remove the black screen when entering a menu as on my system it takes 3/5 seconds to change and a black screen is not nice...
Smoother menus,
More views, such as a right list view like cirrus extended
And the removal of the Borders around the clock and the date etc as it makes them seem a tad ... Eh ... Wrong...

Great work though as I do like the features of the skin, they are amazing, but the general look and feel is not as elegant and polished as it could be.

- stoli - 2011-04-28

PatrickBateman Wrote:I agree,
The font is terrible on this skin... It reminds me of comic sans and looks cheap and uncomfortable...

I have tried the international font but that too is bad.. I'd like to see:

A new clean elegant font, similar to cirrus extended.
Remove the black screen when entering a menu as on my system it takes 3/5 seconds to change and a black screen is not nice...
Smoother menus,
More views, such as a right list view like cirrus extended
And the removal of the Borders around the clock and the date etc as it makes them seem a tad ... Eh ... Wrong...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion....

- stoli - 2011-04-28

rossoneri711 Wrote:dont know if this is the right place to make requests but here it goes..

I really love this skin, but there is one thing that i believe, undermines the elegance of this beautiful skin, and those are the following texts below posrts/info:

Press down for trailer
Press down for info
Press X to stop

I think that adding maybe an image instead of text would suit this skin better.

I am attaching a draft image of this below:

[IMG=http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6692/unled1gm.th.jpg][/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I dont know how you guys feel about this but i believe with some work, that i can do personally, we can create some awesome boxes to place the above mentioned texts over.

Let me know what you think

Those will be going away - I don't like the trailers starting from the view itself. For consistency sake starting of trailers will be confined to the "I"nfo screen.

- rossoneri711 - 2011-04-28

oh ok,

if you want any help with icons/images though let me know. would be nice to contribute something back to this awesome skin.

One more thing, i installed neon SVN form passion xbmc. is it better to have the GIT version?

- stoli - 2011-04-28

Passion is git, just a day later. :-). Thanks for the help offer.

- adytum - 2011-04-28

stoli Wrote:It has to do with paths - I saw the same thing in the newest added view where some would display a logo and others wouldn't. I just need to update the other views with my findings... Now, who has an extra day in the week. Smile

I'd buy you a beer if I could Big Grin

I don't understand how somebody can dislike the font, especially how it could be compared to comic sans (seriously?), I think it's excellent.

- adytum - 2011-04-30

Would it be possible to add some more views to the Videos window? Now there's only files, wall and poster, I think. I have a couple of video plugins that would benefit from the media info view for example.

And one minor thing: I like how the media flags show on the pause/info screen in Confluence, is this something you've considered? E.g when I'm viewing a youtube video, I wonder "hey, is this really 720p?" and I could just press I. I know most of the info is available with "o", but still.

- christoofar - 2011-04-30

christoofar Wrote:hello

Have been enjoying this skin for several weeks now. Lately however, I seem to have an issue when play Music. I start XBMC, select Music (shows the background piano keys after selection) but is now very very dark, you can barely make out the white keys until I use the Back key once, then it finally displays the Music view correctly. I'm using the latest 32 bit XBMC build from 4/22. Thanks for any ideas

Stoli, any ideas? I grabbed the latest build from git today & it still does the same thing: When I select music from the main menu (curved piano keyboard), my screen goes dark, and I cannot navigate to my music at all. I can see a very faint image of the piano keyboard,that is all I'm completely unable to play any music using this skin now.Sad

updated: eh, I figured out that it was the nightly builds messing it up. I'm back to 10.1 again & all is normal again.

- stoli - 2011-05-01

christoofar Wrote:updated: eh, I figured out that it was the nightly builds messing it up. I'm back to 10.1 again & all is normal again.

I'm going to do a little bit of cleanup and then a submission to the official repo this week. Next week ill start an Eden build.

- christoofar - 2011-05-01

excellent! Looking forward to it.Nod

- PilGrim - 2011-05-02

stoli Wrote:Those will be going away - I don't like the trailers starting from the view itself. For consistency sake starting of trailers will be confined to the "I"nfo screen.

That is a shame, I really like being able to launch a trailer from wahtever browse movie view I am in. Can you at least give an indication if there is a trailer available somewhere on the screen? I hate to click 'i' only to find no trailer exists for that movie. But if I had a vote, i would say keep trailer availability and launch available in certain views.

I don't mind the down for info, down for trailer. how to stop a trailer does not need instruction in my opinion as it is the same way you stop a movie or any other video, should already be understood.

BTW, i like the font. How clean the menu bar looks is one of the reasons I like Neon.

EDIT:
One more thought on the trailer issue: I think many use a remote versus a keyboard to control xbmc. Taking away ability to launch trailers with equivilant of arrow keys means no access to trailers without your keyboard. that may be a deal breaker for many.

- kwstump - 2011-05-02

Stoli have you seen the below changes to get TvTunes working again?

I changed it in my ./xbmc/skin.neon/720p/MyVideoNav.xml and back to working

--- <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True)</onfocus>
+++ <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onfocus>

From the Below Post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=786267

Thanks,
Kevin

- stoli - 2011-05-02

kwstump Wrote:Stoli have you seen the below changes to get TvTunes working again?

I changed it in my ./xbmc/skin.neon/720p/MyVideoNav.xml and back to working

--- <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True)</onfocus>
+++ <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onfocus>

From the Below Post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=786267

Thanks,
Kevin

Thank - updated in git and new pull request for the Official Repo.