Kodi Community Forum
Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- stoli - 2011-07-31

It sounds like you are on a dharma build and not pre-eden. If thats not the case, I'd start by deleting the guisettings.xml in your userdata folder.

- zepfan - 2011-07-31

stoli Wrote:Not really, it will work the other way around. I'll look to see how much trouble it would be to change that though. Banners do look a lot better on the ipad and iphone.

It seems to work if you change:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Icon]

To:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.path]poster.jpg

Not sure if that will mess up movies though.

- stoli - 2011-07-31

That's fine so long as you always have a poster.jpg file. I'll look into it to also use a fallback if the poster.jpg does not exist. But items like this also impact performance...

- zepfan - 2011-08-01

stoli Wrote:But items like this also impact performance...

It was more for me personally, since i've modded quite a bit of neon, to give me more custom favorites in the tv submenu, delete the stuff that was there, add logo's to showcase view, etc. I wouldn't expect you to add something like that unless you personally wanted to, it was just so I could for my machine.
Thanks for the help!

- PilGrim - 2011-08-01

stoli Wrote:It sounds like you are on a dharma build and not pre-eden. If thats not the case, I'd start by deleting the guisettings.xml in your userdata folder.

Thank Stoli,

Maybe I pulled an incorrect nightly file? I have been updating once a week to bi-weekly from this link:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

that is the correct place to pull pre-eden builds, yes?

I see there is a new version, so I will delete the guisettings.xml file and update again and then see what happens.

thanks.

(man this infra red keyboard sucks for typing, i got to get a good rf keybord!)

- pcvii - 2011-08-01

when ever i goto file view on the svn nothing shows on the screen. it's black.
I can hit escape and go back to the main menu screen

- stoli - 2011-08-01

pcvii Wrote:when ever i goto file view on the svn nothing shows on the screen. it's black.

You need to be on a nightly build of xbmc.

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-08-01

A safety confirmation message for the skin reset option,
could save some annoying moments.

Cheers

- PilGrim - 2011-08-02

Hi Stoli,

Here is an update of my progress

I deleted my guisettings.xml file and then installed the nightly dated 7/31, then went in and reset all my preferences. As a reminder I previously deleted all my Neon versions and downloaded a fresh copy from Passion Repo. Once setup I started to test for issues, here is what I found:

- TV Shows latest added: when i switch to large, I see the episode pic in the top episodes, but the one that has focus shows fanart and background goes to default TV menu; which is different than one I use so it is noticeable.

- Slide view kinda works now, used to give me a blank screen, now I see fanart, but no slide of movie covers. When I arrow left I get the menu back so I can switch the view.

- When down arrow from movie menu to access years, the count if the top left corner is jumbled as it looks like two things are being written into the same space.

- TV Wall: "go back" is not larger when it has focus; not really a big deal

working again:
- music latest added shows cds again not songs.

Thoughts for next steps?

- stoli - 2011-08-02

No idea. Super busy these days, but I'll check into it.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

- kyotocafe - 2011-08-02

pcvii Wrote:when ever i goto file view on the svn nothing shows on the screen. it's black.

Same happened to me with the the Music Files View, it was showing as empty.
It is most certainly an issue with the latest nightlies as in the confluence skin it was having the same behavior.

Latest nightly has fixed the issue.

- PilGrim - 2011-08-03

Here is an udpate:

Started from scratch with a new fresh install of latest nightly dated 8/2
Installed passion repo
installed fresh copy of Neon from repo
reloaded my libraries.

status of issues:

- i realize now tha slide works in main movie menu. issue is when you down arrow and go into year or genre view. If go to year, then 2011, slide view does not work. I get fanart but no movie posters

- from main menu, down arrow on movies to year, when years displayed, count in upper left is jumbled.

- main menu tv show latest is still not working right. i still get fanart on show with focus and main screen shows neon defaault tv menu pic.

- when enter tv shows from main menu and have logo wall view, 'go back' is not larger when it has focus. throws you of a bit.

mybe all these issues are cuased from new nightlys? eitherway i figured starting from scratch with new install would help figure out the scope of issues.

let me know if there is anything you need to help isolate the issues.

- cami - 2011-08-03

i love this skin, i noticed one small flaw tho, on the tv show, 3d banner view, the top left has gui/writing which is on top of the file names... which kills that view for me.

- stoli - 2011-08-04

I'll get to these issues as soon as I can - work has been a 7 day a week ordeal lately leaving little time for skin maintenance.

- PilGrim - 2011-08-04

stoli Wrote:I'll get to these issues as soon as I can - work has been a 7 day a week ordeal lately leaving little time for skin maintenance.

Thanks Stoli,

No rush, I just wanted to validate if these were true errors versus something odd with my system. sad to say, I know how far too well whatt it is like when work gets so busy you have time for little else.

Cheers.