Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Neon (/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)
- stoli - 2011-05-30 18:42
tboooe Wrote:Got it. I am now running the latest SVN build. I dont think this feature is implemented in this release? I get the option to show "large" now playing on the home screen. Frankly this option for TV shows is just too overwhelming. I think a small, vertical (or horizontal to match how recently added movies are displayed) list on the homescreen would look
Can't please everyone!
- bubblesayoyo - 2011-06-02 05:35
EDIT: Sorry, I thought I was in the Bugs/Features sticky and I can't figure out how to move the post...
Just got done putting showthumbs into my entire library tonight and came across a few different things that I thought I would bring up:
1. View Type is Landscape. The 'watched' checkmark inside of the landscape picture isn't quite lined up in the bottom right. It sticks out of the bottom. The right side of the check looks like it might be poking out too.
2. View Type is 3d Landscape. In the top left it seems to be using both the logo and the default lettering for the show. Also, the spacing of the info overlaps. So essentially the genre is on top of the logo, which in turn is under the default lettering.
I just realized that sometimes its hard to see the watched checks (they are dark red) here also if the showthumb is too dark, which a lot seem to be. What about adding a light shadow, or outline? Just a thought.
3. View Type is 3D landscape. There is a red watched checkmark on the bottom right of the showpic that is VERY difficult to see. I'm not sure if this can be made white, or silver, or perhaps it's not on the proper layer.
4. View Type is Last Added. Is there anyway to add a watched overlay? I was thinking the crossed out lettering like in 'Land Panel' and 'Episode.' But even a check on the showpic would be great.
5. View Type is Fanart. The 'highlighted' or selected seasons words go away. (if that makes sense, hopefully my picture works.) Essentially its a right/left scrolling list, but the targeted words go away when selected. (this might have to do with the fact that it is 'watched.' to be honest I didn't try it with seasons that weren't watched, ie no cross-outs)
Well, hopefully this helps. I love the skin and the work you do, thanks!
Should I move this?
- tboooe - 2011-06-03 04:56
bump...has anyone else seen this behavior? This also happens to movies without fanart.
tboooe Wrote:When I am browsing through my music library I noticed that the fanart image will not change from the previous artist if the current artist does not have a fanart associated with it. The fanart will change when I scroll to the next artist that does have fanart. Has anyone else seen this?
- stoli - 2011-06-03 13:13
Should be fixed in the svn builds, at least for music. I'll double check for tv/movies.
Problems with Seasons Thumbnail - jsimo01 - 2011-06-05 02:42
How do you enable the landscape season thumbs that you can download from fanart.tv?
I've set both the TV show and Season view to landscape view, with landscape.jpg for the tvshow (500x281px) and season01.tbn (500x281px). However when I have ladnscape.jpg enabled under Settings>Skin options only the landscape.jpg image is used both for tv show and season thumbs, when this option is disabled then the season thumbs display but are constrained to the poster display size.
With landscape.jpg enabled in skin options.
With landscape.jpg option disabled.
Many Thanks for any help, I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple!
- Roborob - 2011-06-07 19:03
Since there is a need for more nfo on music artists like logo's and fanart and so on. Is it possible when playing the artist that you can push on a button to update that artist nfo in the background ? . I played with Meedios a few days a go and there it is possible and very handy. Because now if an artist is updated by someone you have to go to artist view then press I then refresh and then go back to your now playing screen. It would be nice to press one butten to update while playing..
- stoli - 2011-06-07 20:36
That's outside of the realm of a skin and should be suggested as a feature request for xbmc.
- stoli - 2011-06-07 20:38
jsimo01 Wrote:How do you enable the landscape season thumbs that you can download from fanart.tv?
I'll look into this - I haven't messed with season thumbs in quite some time, so chances are good something either broke or it never worked right in the first place.
Font size of "release date" varies - g0pkh - 2011-06-08 17:36
This is a brilliant skin, I love it, thankyou.
However I have noticed a tiny irritating bug (to me anyway)
When displaying the library in files mode. I notice the font of the release date varies in size.
Films with a release date of 19xx show the date in a smaller font, than those with a 20xx date.
Anyone else noticed this, is it by design ?
- shootha - 2011-06-08 17:45
Hi, Great skin. 2 questions.... 1) Could you add an option to show more movies in the panel view type.
2) How and i reduce the dimming intensity. eg) the new wall view looks great, but a little too dim, i really like the wall view from Aeon MQ 2.