Kodi Community Forum
Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- Swifty - 2011-03-28

If it would help I could give you remote access to one of my systems to test / play on ?

- mobious - 2011-03-28

Did you figure out whats wrong with the TV Guide issues I brought up earlier Stoli? I am sure the network flag one is easy, but I am talking about not being able to enter banner mode on Monday.

- stoli - 2011-03-29

mobious Wrote:Did you figure out whats wrong with the TV Guide issues I brought up earlier Stoli? I am sure the network flag one is easy, but I am talking about not being able to enter banner mode on Monday.

Just fixed and pushed the TV Guide Monday issue. I still have to get to the studio icon issue.

- stoli - 2011-03-29

_ak1_ Wrote:stoli,

You mentioned that you added code for displaying chapters in the svn 03/26/11.
I tried it and I still don't really have chapter information visible while displaying video infos during fullscreen playback.

For mkv files with chapters I've got nothing at all. For video_ts I've got chapter numbering.

Could you please have a look at it again?

Do you have a mkv video file with chapters (incl. names) available for testing!

Thank you!

I do not have a file with chapter names, but I have made some updates based on the confluence skin to both the seekbar and fullscreen info. Try out the latest revision and let me know if it fixed the issue.

Basically if there are chapters and names, it should get displayed where director and rating normally are. I know I can see chapter count on a few of the mkv's I have.

Thanks,

- gabbott - 2011-03-29

When pulling up the info view when a movie is playing...

Looks like the end time overlaps with movies that have long ratings.

- stoli - 2011-03-29

gabbott Wrote:When pulling up the info view when a movie is playing...

Looks like the end time overlaps with movies that have long ratings.

Yep - a quick fix is to turn on the global clock in settings. Smile

I've pushed a real fix to git. Thanks for the heads-up.

- mobious - 2011-03-29

stoli Wrote:Just fixed and pushed the TV Guide Monday issue. I still have to get to the studio icon issue.

Alright sweet don't forget the overlapping movie studio icon in the info pane. Keep up the great work buddy!

Edit: Nvm just noticed their gone Tongue

- theironyuppie - 2011-03-29

hey stoli, got a couple of bug fixes and feature requests. listed below:

in music>artist>album section there used to be a view called album info which is no longer there. it showed album description, rating, year etc. its in confluence if you need to see what i mean. please add back in.

music>artist section the fanart does not appear in the background. there used to be a view that did it. like the confluence media info view. please re-add.

when i was switching between confluence and neon to check these i noticed that in the skin change dialogue (settings>appearance>skin) in confluence it shows the skin version number which i found handy. maybe you could add this in?

and finally a very small bug, on the settings>skin>movies/tv page, the text below "click to run the logo script" runs out of the bottom of the window box.

happy to test anything out.
cheers

- The_Dogg - 2011-03-29

Hi Stoli,

small bug I noticed, when using poster view in movies, with the default toggle (dark view) the posters don't get larger after a few seconds, but it looks like the action is being applied to the watched icon overlay instead of the actual poster.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, I'm at work so I wrote this from memory.

keep up the good work

- _ak1_ - 2011-03-29

stoli Wrote:I do not have a file with chapter names, but I have made some updates based on the confluence skin to both the seekbar and fullscreen info. Try out the latest revision and let me know if it fixed the issue.

Basically if there are chapters and names, it should get displayed where director and rating normally are. I know I can see chapter count on a few of the mkv's I have.

Thanks,

Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. I downloaded the latest Neon version from GitHub some minutes ago, and I also tried an SVN version via the passion repository. In the XML files I can clearly see that you added code related to chapters. But there's nothing visible on the screen.

I'm including screenshots from Confluence (first two) and from Neon of the same two video MKV files.

Regarding the screenshots: "Kapitel" is German and means "chapter".

In this case I'm in filemode in XBMC, not in database mode.

Is there any way I can help finding the issue?

Features request - cledus - 2011-03-29

Just installed the skin and this is by far the best skin I have ever used! The speed is amazing! The only thing I miss is a wallview like in Aeon MQ 2. I have found that this is the easiest way for my children to browse their movies.

Great job!

- stoli - 2011-03-29

@_ak1_ - what happens if you are in library mode?

- Freakish - 2011-03-29

Is there going to be the ability for playlists?

At the moment they don't really play a list, as the playlists are just opened, and not actually played. It seems to me as if this skin only has the capability to play a single file at a time, this is hugely annoying to myself. Any chance that this could be changed at some point? As i really love the skin, but this one limitation is a big one for me.

- stoli - 2011-03-30

Freakish Wrote:Is there going to be the ability for playlists?

At the moment they don't really play a list, as the playlists are just opened, and not actually played. It seems to me as if this skin only has the capability to play a single file at a time, this is hugely annoying to myself. Any chance that this could be changed at some point? As i really love the skin, but this one limitation is a big one for me.

I use playlists all the time - select the list, queue it or play it.

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-03-30

Updated to the latest SVN this evening and thought I'd give some feedback on a few issues I've found and see if they're intentional or not. Smile

Firstly, in the "HD Movies" section, it looks like you cut out a load of views, leaving only Poster, Media Info 2, Slim List and Files. Was this deliberate? None of the views are showing any media information displays, a la Movies or TV that show resolution, codecs etc.

Secondly, in the same section, collections are displayed before regular movies even with Sort By: Name set to ascending. I'm sure it never used to do that, and again, original Movies is just fine.

Finally, discovered this when I encountered my first issue - in HD Movies, if you press up twice in order to change the view, and the viewtype is Poster then the 2 row don't match up to each otherl The bottom row has an extra column added that throws it all out. I'd take a screenshot for you but it doesn't seem to be creating them.

Thanks for all your work Smile