Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=97949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-06

weejo11 Wrote:Hi Sam, a newbie here. After reading the entire thread and after trying 2 USBs, Ive finally accomplished the task of installing your masterpiece in my appletv (via USB not internal drive). Ive added a source via Windows Network (SMB) and specified a video folder in my drive connected via Airport extreme. All is working fine, I can play 720p videos in my smb/external drive. Then the ATV crashed and I tried to reboot it. The folder that Ive added is still working and I can view all videos and play it. But when I tried to add a source again and choose Windows Network (smb), its now getting an "error 2Confusedhare not available". But still, the initial source (my video folder in my SMB/external drive) is still working. Kind of puzzling. Maybe you can shed some light. Thanks

Is the Windows network (smb) a hit or miss thing?

just add via sources.xml

- weejo11 - 2011-05-07

Thanks Sam, got it working.

Just wondering why 1080p and even my 720p files are always buffering. I believe I have the latest broadcom crystalhd hardware. Do I need to reinstall crystalhd linux installer? Or is there any tweaking that i can do to play 720p videos flawlessly? It use to play flawlessly on xmbc running inside atv os. Thanks.

Donation coming up for such an effort you've done Sam.

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-07

Explain buffering? I assume you mean there is a delay as it is streaming across a network source? This is independent of the CrystalHD decoder -- it accelerate video decoding, but a consistent playback is also dependent on your network. Try playing locally off HDD and seeing if the problem persists

- weejo11 - 2011-05-07

When I say buffering Sam, I mean video stopping then XBMC, on the lower right hand portion starts to count (buffering until 100%) before video starts again. I will transferring files to my internal HDD and see if problem persists.

Thanks Sam

- pumkinut - 2011-05-07

Wired or wireless network. If wired, are your interface settings correct e.g. duplex and speed, autonegotiate? There's no reason you should be buffering LAN content on a wired network unless it's only half duplex, 10Mbps, or there's a mismatch somewhere.

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-07

weejo11 Wrote:When I say buffering Sam, I mean video stopping then XBMC, on the lower right hand portion starts to count (buffering until 100%) before video starts again. I will transferring files to my internal HDD and see if problem persists.

Thanks Sam

Hey,

This isn't a CrystalHD issue then, it seems more like a network problem. If you have a local webserver running try wgetting something from it and analysing throughput rates

- weejo11 - 2011-05-08

Thanks pumkinut and Sam. I'll try to check on that.

But just for you to know, my setup is hard drive connected to airport extreme. Appletv connected to airport extreme via LAN cable. Everything is wired. Just didn't experienced this before when I was using XBMC inside appletv os. But of course, before, I experienced the same buffering when I don't have the crystal hd card yet.

What I'll try to do is transfer some 720p files inside appletv hd and try it out. Just one very newbie question, can I use FTP via cyberduck to transfer files? Tried it yesterday and I can only connect via SFTP and I cannot transfer files because of permission issue. I used server "My-appletv-IP-Adress" then name/PW "Atv/Atv". Sorry if this has been answered before.

I appreciate your help guys

- JeDaj - 2011-05-08

Hello,
I'm trying to put this image onto internal HDD. Everything from installer in windows went fine. I put USB thumb into my aTV. Switched everything on and now I'm waiting.

My question is, how long should it take to restore it to internal drive? I'm waiting like an hour right now. Nothing showed on my screen from turning it on. Only black screen. I tried switching off and on again my TV and my Onkyo receiver. Still only black screen. Should I wait more or try it again?

EDIT
I restarted aTV, removed USB thumb and the installation went ahead. Now, polishing up the xbmc Smile

Thanks SAM!!

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-08

weejo11 Wrote:Thanks pumkinut and Sam. I'll try to check on that.

But just for you to know, my setup is hard drive connected to airport extreme. Appletv connected to airport extreme via LAN cable. Everything is wired. Just didn't experienced this before when I was using XBMC inside appletv os. But of course, before, I experienced the same buffering when I don't have the crystal hd card yet.

What I'll try to do is transfer some 720p files inside appletv hd and try it out. Just one very newbie question, can I use FTP via cyberduck to transfer files? Tried it yesterday and I can only connect via SFTP and I cannot transfer files because of permission issue. I used server "My-appletv-IP-Adress" then name/PW "Atv/Atv". Sorry if this has been answered before.

I appreciate your help guys

FTP isn't installed. So you'd need to install your own ftp server for quick file transfers.

- weejo11 - 2011-05-08

Last question Sam. What is the easiest way to transfer files to internal harddrive? Thanks.

- durk onion - 2011-05-08

weejo11 Wrote:Last question Sam. What is the easiest way to transfer files to internal harddrive? Thanks.

FTP. Check out this thread for more info.

- illiac4 - 2011-05-09

I'm trying to get "libavdevice-dev" installed.

I have entered:
Quote:apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libavdevice-dev

Then i get:
Quote:E: Couldn't find package libavdevice-dev

Or. better to say i can not compile boblight on this image because of this missing package.

Quote:First step: install necessary dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libxrender-dev portaudio19-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libavdevice-dev

How can i install this package on this image? TNX

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-09

Build it from source

- illiac4 - 2011-05-09

Would you please be so kind and show me how for this specific package?

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-09

Same as all packages really unless otherwise stated in the README. Get the source tarball, extract with tar -xzf; cd into directory; run ./configure; make; sudo make install