Kodi Community Forum
Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled. (/showthread.php?tid=98037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- Valkyrie743 - 2011-09-02

XBMCRocksMyBoat Wrote:I don't think it is a hardware issue. The Radeon HD6750 that I've got, might be a mediocre gaming card, but it is a high level decoding card. I get the same stats as you with the Radeon in XBMC.

I'v also noticed that it has nothing to do with Mb/s. If I play the Avatar BluRay it stays perfect. While, when I play mkv's (like The vampires diary) it begins perfect, but when I recheck after a while (say 20 min). it is not perfect anymore (constant 23.95).

I get this exact behaviour on three different configs: ZBox HD-ND22 (ion), i3 with HD2000 graphics, and i3 with Radeon HD6750..

Why would it play perfect on all systems in the beginning and not after a while. The hardware certainly didn't change in the mean time. Smile

Edit: I like to add that I never got framedrops

I'm little lost. If your not getting dropped or duplicated frames what issue are you getting?

If you are having issues after playing for a while what does it do? Are you streaming over a network or is it local?

- XBMCRocksMyBoat - 2011-09-02

Valkyrie743 Wrote:I'm little lost. If your not getting dropped or duplicated frames what issue are you getting?

If you are having issues after playing for a while what does it do? Are you streaming over a network or is it local?

The issue I'm having is that the frame rate doesn't stay at 23.976. After a while it goes to 23.95 and stays there. This is the case on all machines. It isn't a Sandy Bridge issue, so I shouldn't be posting about it here anymore (at first I thought it was).

(N.B. I'm mainly streaming. I should test it from the local drive.)

- Mallet21 - 2011-09-02

XBMCRocksMyBoat Wrote:The issue I'm having is that the frame rate doesn't stay at 23.976. After a while it goes to 23.95 and stays there. This is the case on all machines. It isn't a Sandy Bridge issue, so I shouldn't be posting about it here anymore (at first I thought it was).

(N.B. I'm mainly streaming. I should test it from the local drive.)

AFAIK none of the graphics options available get a perfect/consistent 23.976 frame rate. You have to use something like ReClock with an external player.

- Valkyrie743 - 2011-09-04

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4713/asrock-coreht-252b-review/9

i think i found the golden ticket for everyone. ive tested it on my rig and works perfectly. I did have some issue with playing video at 23Hz (when i use media player classic auto change full screen monitor mode) the movie would be very sluggish unless i alt tab to something else then back or move the window aroundHuh? would be nice to get this to work so when it launches mpc hc it just plays smoothly.

right now i have my tv set to 60hz and i get full hardware acceleration. i did not test vlc-1 content cause i dont have any but im sure the arcsoft hack will work fine.

- slatepress - 2011-09-05

Another possible solution may be on the way. Visit here to help an actual Intel tech fix ffdshow and known DXVA2 issues on Intel HD graphics.

There is a fix available for download, that i haven't tried yet. This should help all those whose VLC or MPC-HC can't use ffmpeg to decode in hardware DXVA2 without macroblocking etc.

- Valkyrie743 - 2011-09-05

slatepress Wrote:Another possible solution may be on the way. Visit here to help an actual Intel tech fix ffdshow and known DXVA2 issues on Intel HD graphics.

There is a fix available for download, that i haven't tried yet. This should help all those whose VLC or MPC-HC can't use ffmpeg to decode in hardware DXVA2 without macroblocking etc.

what does xmbc use for its player?
is there a way to not use an external player?

- slatepress - 2011-09-05

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Players
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DVDPlayer

From the above, XBMC for Windows uses FFmpeg to decode most video with the exception of MPGEG1,2, DTS, AC3 and AAC.

So for DXVA2 purposes, FFmpeg is used, hence my post earlier. Note, XBMC internalises its video engine and does not rely on external codecs, so even if ffmpeg is fixed for DXVA2 on IntelHD, this needs to be reflected in the latest XBMC release.

Using an external player makes the whole experience more complex and neutered than it needs to be. But it is a good workaround until a fix comes about.

- Valkyrie743 - 2011-09-05

slatepress Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Players
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DVDPlayer

From the above, XBMC for Windows uses FFmpeg to decode most video with the exception of MPGEG1,2, DTS, AC3 and AAC.

So for DXVA2 purposes, FFmpeg is used, hence my post earlier. Note, XBMC internalises its video engine and does not rely on external codecs, so even if ffmpeg is fixed for DXVA2 on IntelHD, this needs to be reflected in the latest XBMC release.

Using an external player makes the whole experience more complex and neutered than it needs to be. But it is a good workaround until a fix comes about.

ahh that stinks. so even with ffmpeg being worked on, it still has to be worked in to xbmc. . damn this better happen soon. i dont mind using what i did in the above post but it royally screwed up my xbmc remote control settings for my MCE remote.

- Spyhop - 2011-09-12

I joined to post a solution on another thread and wanted to give a shout out on this one. I was one of the many who used a Sandy i3 after a buddy insisted, "his worked awesome"

Mine didn't. Same issues listed in this thread.
-i3 Software rendering had significant frame drops
-i3 dxva didn't work on Dharma
-i3 dxva ALMOST worked on the latest nightlies, but since the HD2000 on the i3 doesn't support 23.976 it lurched every 5 minutes or so as it re-synced

My solution was to bite the bullet and get a discrete Radeon 6450. Totally solved the problem. It also introduced some catalyst related headaches, but I got those ironed out. Now everything works great. I've been struggling with thist build all weekend. Now I'm just going to back away and never meddle with it again. lol

Anyway, thanks again for this thread. I learned a lot.

- phanos - 2011-09-12

Hi Spyhop,

which ATI related headaches are you referring? I am thinking of buying the same car to solve the i3 issue Thanks.

- Spyhop - 2011-09-12

@phanos. Nothing irreconcilable. It just took a little time to figure out how to turn overscan off and that I had to turn it off for every resolution and framerate I intended on using.

- phanos - 2011-09-12

Ok Thanks Smile. For a moment I was worried that it was not working for ATI cards.

- XBMCRocksMyBoat - 2011-09-13

phanos Wrote:Hi Spyhop,

which ATI related headaches are you referring? I am thinking of buying the same car to solve the i3 issue Thanks.

May I suggest the Sapphire Radeon HD6570 1GB. It has an HQV test score of 204.
(I've that card)..

- Spyhop - 2011-09-13

It's also a lot more money, has a fan on it, uses more power, and unavailable in low profile.

- Cfishy - 2011-09-13

Spyhop Wrote:I joined to post a solution on another thread and wanted to give a shout out on this one. I was one of the many who used a Sandy i3 after a buddy insisted, "his worked awesome"

Mine didn't. Same issues listed in this thread.
-i3 Software rendering had significant frame drops
-i3 dxva didn't work on Dharma
-i3 dxva ALMOST worked on the latest nightlies, but since the HD2000 on the i3 doesn't support 23.976 it lurched every 5 minutes or so as it re-synced

My solution was to bite the bullet and get a discrete Radeon 6450. Totally solved the problem. It also introduced some catalyst related headaches, but I got those ironed out. Now everything works great. I've been struggling with thist build all weekend. Now I'm just going to back away and never meddle with it again. lol

Anyway, thanks again for this thread. I learned a lot.

I'm still holding out hope that there will be a software solution for our issues.

I'll give it a couple more months than take your route...