Kodi Community Forum
Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled. (/showthread.php?tid=98037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- publicENEMY - 2012-01-19

wsume99 Wrote:In my post I said, "Now that h/w acceleration appears to be working with the nightlies..."

If you recall, the macroblocking issue was a result of enabling h/w acceleration. I have not confirmed this myself but several users have posted in this thread that using the nightly build instead of the lastest stable release (Dharma) results in proper h/w acceleration hence no macroblocking. So now because it appears that the macroblocking issue is gone we can get back to complaining about the 24p issue.

what about the frame drop issues? has it been resolved?

Thanks.

- wsume99 - 2012-01-19

Not sure if I should be communicating with a publicENEMY but what the hell...

The dropped frame issue is related to the Intel chip itself and not related to XBMC. There is nothing more that can be done with sandy bridge chips to improve the frame rate issue. For better, but still not perfect, frame rates you'll need to upgrade to an ivy bridge chip (and perhaps a new MB as well).

BUT - I never had any problem with dropped frames on the content I play (mostly h264 mkvs). I cannot tell any difference between a HD5450, G210, or the intel HD graphics. I did not notice any dropped frames. So, IMO, the frame rate issue only exists on paper as I have never witnessed it myself but YMMV. So that is why I recommend trying the intel graphics first and then if you find it to be objectionable get a cheap GPU.

- publicENEMY - 2012-01-20

wsume99 Wrote:Not sure if I should be communicating with a publicENEMY but what the hell...

Well..

You dont.

RE: - HunterOfShadows - 2012-04-06

(2012-01-19, 16:36)CursiveQ Wrote: just ordered a intel g620 for an htpc build. has the dxva problem been resolved in the newest eden beta + intel drivers?

Does any one know if there is a fix? I am using Eden, and the latest Intel drivers, but I still have macroblocking with 1080p mkvs.
If i compress them down a bit with handbrake, the issue goes away. But if i go straight from dvdfab->makemkv i have the issue. These same files play very well on my second setup (AMD 945 x4 w/ GTX 460)

But with my G620 using the HD embedded gpu, with DXVA2 enabled I have macroblocking usually during scene changes.

RE: - Valkyrie743 - 2012-04-06

on my intel 2100 (HD2000) and have no issues with HD mkv H.264 video playback. stopped having issues with very very late nightly builds of 10.1.

im thinking that the older intel graphics wont be able to playback HD if its still not working.

(2012-04-06, 22:45)HunterOfShadows Wrote:
(2012-01-19, 16:36)CursiveQ Wrote: just ordered a intel g620 for an htpc build. has the dxva problem been resolved in the newest eden beta + intel drivers?

Does any one know if there is a fix? I am using Eden, and the latest Intel drivers, but I still have macroblocking with 1080p mkvs.
If i compress them down a bit with handbrake, the issue goes away. But if i go straight from dvdfab->makemkv i have the issue. These same files play very well on my second setup (AMD 945 x4 w/ GTX 460)

But with my G620 using the HD embedded gpu, with DXVA2 enabled I have macroblocking usually during scene changes.

RE: Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled. - Beer40oz - 2012-04-07

Macroblocking is the demon....