Kodi Community Forum
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] (/showthread.php?tid=98060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- except10n - 2011-04-29

Quote:Originally Posted by stoplis
2. I love the new option for recently added above the menu bar...

In the settings, I specified that the default action for selecting a file be "choose", meaning instead of playing immediately it shows a dialog allowing me to show more info or resume or play. The recently added list above the menu bar doesn't honor that setting, which seems kinda important since you can't even get to the context menu for any of the items on that list. How are you supposed to know if you want to watch one of the recently added movies/episodes if you don't know what it's about?

- pecinko - 2011-04-29

except10n Wrote:In the settings, I specified that the default action for selecting a file be "choose", meaning instead of playing immediately it shows a dialog allowing me to show more info or resume or play. The recently added list above the menu bar doesn't honor that setting, which seems kinda important since you can't even get to the context menu for any of the items on that list. How are you supposed to know if you want to watch one of the recently added movies/episodes if you don't know what it's about?

That's controlled by XBMC not by a skin.

Keep in mind that Recently added feature is just giving you a glance at few new items. Library offering all the great features you're asking for is just 1 click away.

- Shoesy - 2011-04-30

I'd love to have a test if you can pm me the new build... Cool

- lucanoid - 2011-05-01

Hi Pecinko,

Any chance to enter the beta 2 trial?

Thanks

- andreyk - 2011-05-01

lucanoid Wrote:Hi Pecinko,

Thanks

Me too! Been using the beta 1 for a while and would love to see what else is new.

- pecinko - 2011-05-02

Shoesy Wrote:I'd love to have a test if you can pm me the new build... Cool

lucanoid Wrote:Hi Pecinko,

Thanks

andreyk Wrote:Me too! Been using the beta 1 for a while and would love to see what else is new.

===========================

If all goes well I'll post testers a link to RC tomorrow.

Changes:

All bugs and suggestions should be addressed, Home page is reverted to old (center aligned style), bigger media flags (with ability to turn them off).

Improved (already good) readability.

- Shoesy - 2011-05-02

Super- thanks fella.

- stoplis - 2011-05-02

Hi, after some further testing I found a missplaced reflection on the movie library.
It is a bit hard to see on this photo but it is right at the bottom of the screen, probably about 1 or 2 pixels tall. It changes along with the movie poster art and after it comes up it is visible on the TV library as well.

- pecinko - 2011-05-02

stoplis Wrote:Hi, after some further testing I found a missplaced reflection on the movie library.
It is a bit hard to see on this photo but it is right at the bottom of the screen, probably about 1 or 2 pixels tall. It changes along with the movie poster art and after it comes up it is visible on the TV library as well.

Cheers, I'll take a look.

- dynaflash - 2011-05-03

What does it take to get a latest beta build ?

- Japaja - 2011-05-03

Patience. Big Grin

- pecinko - 2011-05-03

dynaflash Wrote:What does it take to get a latest beta build ?

Some free time so I can finish a couple of details and some luck to get a repo working.

- Shoesy - 2011-05-04

OK- so my notes on B2... More observations than criticisms, possibly selfish ones in part! My machine is an appletv2 using the bleeding edge build from Keith (2nd May).

Firstly - what I think the single best thing about this skin- the level of personalisation that can go on with the menus. I use Plexbmc to use my Plex media server with XBMC, and this skin will let me get rid of all the usual library functions and set it up how I'd like, using the plugin sections instead of the usual library ones. Absolutely brilliant.

Skin is super fast throughout- great! There does appear to be a little kind of slurpy lag when moving the cursor about on the menus. There is no repeat on the cursor so you can't hold the button down to scroll through lists. The kiosk mode takes away the ability to scroll fast through the lists by pressing right first.

There seems to be a problem where the UI gives up loading covers in long lists- this may just be present with plugins. Scroll through a list and halfway through the cover pictures stop loading, scroll back up and the top ones load fine, whilst the lower ones give up.

The ellipsis in the menu lists look big to me.

Love the recently added videos in the shows / movie shortcut sections. Would like to see the episode names underneath on the tv shows (maybe just when selected). It would be nice to be able to add a different kind of playlist up there as well as being able to configure each individual slot. Possibly crop tv show thumbs to a square shape so they better fit?

No weather icons in the weather section. I'm not sure if that is by design or a bug occurring. TBH I never check the weather myself.

Really dislike (sorry) the loading plugin screens, would prefer a spinning clock style affair myself - I'd lose the text completely. Especially dislike the use of red text on the cancel button for that one.

I like the default font, would like a straight Helvetica option.

Really nice work- simple design that can be moulded simply by the user, thanks again! Sorry if I have sounded at all negative- I'm really pleased with this project, let me know if I can help in any way...

- Baswazz - 2011-05-04

Shoesy i don't think your negative, just some useful feedback and that's always welcome.

Shoesy Wrote:Skin is super fast throughout- great! There does appear to be a little kind of slurpy lag when moving the cursor about on the menus. There is no repeat on the cursor so you can't hold the button down to scroll through lists. The kiosk mode takes away the ability to scroll fast through the lists by pressing right first.

Here you mention something good. I recognized it too this week, when i press the 'down arrow' and hold it, in the list view at my movies for example. It has some hitch, before it starts moving.

- pecinko - 2011-05-05

Shoesy thanks for feedback.

Shoesy Wrote:There does appear to be a little kind of slurpy lag when moving the cursor about on the menus. There is no repeat on the cursor so you can't hold the button down to scroll through lists. The kiosk mode takes away the ability to scroll fast through the lists by pressing right first.

What screen are you experiencing this lag on? Home screen? Library?

AFAIK, ATV2 doesn't have the ability to repeat cursor movement or are you saying that you are able to hold and scroll in Confluence?

Quote:There seems to be a problem where the UI gives up loading covers in long lists- this may just be present with plugins.

This happens only on ATV2, AFAIK, with fanart on?

Quote:The ellipsis in the menu lists look big to me.
Not sure what you have in mind. 3 dots below list?

Quote:Love the recently added videos in the shows / movie shortcut sections. Would like to see the episode names underneath on the tv shows (maybe just when selected). It would be nice to be able to add a different kind of playlist up there as well as being able to configure each individual slot. Possibly crop tv show thumbs to a square shape so they better fit?

Yep, thumbs could be scaled to square size. Episode titles are added. Slots are configurable individually and you should be able to add playlist name them as you like and assign your own thumbs as log as you add them to favourites firstly (shortcuts option just below recently added)

Quote:No weather icons in the weather section. I'm not sure if that is by design or a bug occurring. TBH I never check the weather myself.

ATV2 problem.

Quote:Really dislike (sorry) the loading plugin screens, would prefer a spinning clock style affair myself - I'd lose the text completely. Especially dislike the use of red text on the cancel button for that one.

Red text could be replaced with other color, but what's the problem with "please wait" :-) ?

Quote:I like the default font, would like a straight Helvetica option.
Do you happen to have one at hand? It should be free to distribute and with unicode support.

Quote:Really nice work- simple design that can be moulded simply by the user, thanks again! Sorry if I have sounded at all negative- I'm really pleased with this project, let me know if I can help in any way...

Glad you liked it. Feel free to post further findings or suggestions.